Home

What Grinds my Gears 10/28/10 (Part 1)

This is a discussion on What Grinds my Gears 10/28/10 (Part 1) within the EA Sports College Football and NCAA Football forums.

Go Back   Operation Sports Forums > Football > EA Sports College Football and NCAA Football
MLB The Show 24 Review: Another Solid Hit for the Series
New Star GP Review: Old-School Arcade Fun
Where Are Our College Basketball Video Game Rumors?
Closed Thread

Old 10-28-2010, 12:26 PM   #1
Banned

OVR: 3
What Grinds my Gears 10/28/10 (Part 1)

Every weekday I will come out with a flaw with this game and I want to see how many I can do. I think can easily pump out a months' worth. These problems are partially our fault as a community. I'll explain.

A few things about me.
  • I play on Heisman. (So don't say well this and that works for me if you don't play on Heisman.)
  • The computer will ALWAYS be secondary to a person when it comes to competition. That's why Online dynasties are so popular. (So when I hear. "Well in my Offline Dynasty." I don't care.
    EDIT. - I have to put this side note in because i saw that people took offense to me talking about their offline dynasty. What i am saying is if you play an online dynasty and the COMPUTER does not compete with you enough, especially in recruiting then join an online dynasty. Because real people have an insight and a strategy beyond what a computer could ever do. the only way the computer really beats in anything is this game is when it blatantly cheats.
    )
  • I've been in a large online Dynasty that has run 25+ seasons in 2009 and 2010. I play this game EVERY DAY 365 until the next one comes out.
FLAW #1

When I hear the NCAA community talk about this game. These are things I hear.

"How come we don't have more cleats?"

"We need NIKE armband number 12!"

If you play this game a lot you NEVER watch the stadium entrances anymore!!!! You normally skip over the beginning of the ESPN overlay!!!
The community BEGS for things that are in essence so shallow and should be an afterthought. The GAMEPLAY suffers when things that are on the forefront of way too many wish list.

Now I'm all for improved commentary. God knows we need it but that's hours worth of quality enhancements not 2 minutes! Man we don't think things through!

And that's what really Grinds my Gears!

Last edited by Lord Marshall X; 10-28-2010 at 03:59 PM.
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 10-28-2010, 12:31 PM   #2
ND

NDAlum's Arena

OVR: 29
Re: What Grinds my Gears 10/28/10 (Part 1)

Another elitist thread bashing everything different. Good story OP

Atlanta Braves Fantasy Draft Franchise | Google Docs History
NL East Champs 5x | WS Champion 1x (2020)
Old 10-28-2010, 12:52 PM   #3

Deegeezy's Arena

OVR: 15

PRETTY LAME

COACH GEEZY IN THE BIG EASY PART III: LEGACY | FROM BOURBON ST. TO THE BAYOU
Old 10-28-2010, 01:03 PM   #4
Rookie

demondecs21's Arena

OVR: 2

Some one likes family guy.....

i think the game is pretty good my self, btw everygame is going to have it problems.
Old 10-28-2010, 01:10 PM   #5
Banned

OVR: 3

Quote:
Originally Posted by demondecs21
Some one likes family guy.....

i think the game is pretty good my self, btw everygame is going to have it problems.
We will see how you feel when I get to day 30. I can easily get there. I did Grinds my gears because I knew it would catch peoples attention.
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 10-28-2010, 01:56 PM   #6
Banned

OVR: 24

This should be a blog. I don't care to read this junk. Thanks.
Old 10-28-2010, 02:15 PM   #7
Rookie

OVR: 2

I don't have a problem with posts like this, only because there is a lot of truth to it.

I do think that every year development time needs to go into the small things in the game (appearances / additional equipment / hairstyles, etc...) because little items like that do add icing to the cake...

... but rightfully the "cake" (i.e. the majority of the game) definitely needs the most attention when in development. I love the game, but yes, there are some little oddities that definitely need addressing (not going to get into them here, but still...)

Hopefully EA will budget as much time as they can to gameplay improvements, and then afterwards they can spend the remaining time on other things.
Old 10-28-2010, 02:33 PM   #8
ND

NDAlum's Arena

OVR: 29

Quote:
Originally Posted by DrAnguish
I don't have a problem with posts like this, only because there is a lot of truth to it.

I do think that every year development time needs to go into the small things in the game (appearances / additional equipment / hairstyles, etc...) because little items like that do add icing to the cake...

... but rightfully the "cake" (i.e. the majority of the game) definitely needs the most attention when in development. I love the game, but yes, there are some little oddities that definitely need addressing (not going to get into them here, but still...)

Hopefully EA will budget as much time as they can to gameplay improvements, and then afterwards they can spend the remaining time on other things.
I have a problem with egocentric posters.

"The computer will ALWAYS be secondary to a person when it comes to competition. That's why Online dynasties are so popular. (So when I hear. "Well in my Offline Dynasty." I don't care.) "

That's not truth, that pure opinion.

Atlanta Braves Fantasy Draft Franchise | Google Docs History
NL East Champs 5x | WS Champion 1x (2020)
Closed Thread

« Operation Sports Forums > Football > EA Sports College Football and NCAA Football »