Home

Out of Position Penalty

This is a discussion on Out of Position Penalty within the EA Sports College Football and NCAA Football forums.

Go Back   Operation Sports Forums > Football > EA Sports College Football and NCAA Football
MLB The Show 24 Review: Another Solid Hit for the Series
New Star GP Review: Old-School Arcade Fun
Where Are Our College Basketball Video Game Rumors?

Old 11-01-2010, 04:24 PM   #1
Rookie

OVR: 0
Out of Position Penalty

I like to run a 3-4 with the teams I play with. Recently, I started a daunting dynasty with my alma-mater New Mexico State. On the depth chart and formation subs, when I put a DT at one of the end spots, his strength drops at least 10 points. Has anyone else seen this? Does the player actually play with this much of a disadvantage when at that spot? Any insight will be appreciated.

Thanks.
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 11-01-2010, 04:36 PM   #2
Recruiting App

PocketScout's Arena

OVR: 12
Re: Out of Position Penalty

Quote:
Originally Posted by aotke1110
I like to run a 3-4 with the teams I play with. Recently, I started a daunting dynasty with my alma-mater New Mexico State. On the depth chart and formation subs, when I put a DT at one of the end spots, his strength drops at least 10 points. Has anyone else seen this? Does the player actually play with this much of a disadvantage when at that spot? Any insight will be appreciated.

Thanks.
When you do this the players awr takes a hit. It varies depending on which position you are changing them to. It's only his awr. He should feel the same when you are controlling him. I'm not 100% sure what awr does for dl. Others might be able to chime in on that. I have never seen the str rating change when doing this. I'll have to play around with that one when I get a chance.

Last edited by PocketScout; 11-01-2010 at 04:39 PM.
Old 11-01-2010, 04:42 PM   #3
Pro

crowhop's Arena

OVR: 4

Yes...this is common. Moving DEs to DT makes for an even steeper drop in STR. It is annoying and makes no logical sense. Unless STR is relative...it shouldn't be for any position on the DL.

3-4 Defense doesn't really work on this game because there are no double-teams on the OL vs DL. The NT in the 3-4 should always take on two blockers...or ideally, anyway. This game doesn't work that way because everyone takes on one man.

The 3-4 can be a productive Defense though. I would definitely prefer it to the 4-3 if it weren't for the "glitch". As it is, I play the 4-3. Playing against predominantly Spread teams, you'll be in Nickel or Dime most of the time anyway.
Old 11-01-2010, 06:54 PM   #4
Rookie

OVR: 1

I'm sure EA did this to prevent people from playing people out of position for Cheese play. Like putting Speedy CBs at DE and running around the line for easy sacks. Your change is much more likely to happen in real life, but you just kinda have to work with it.
In my dynasties, I sometimes change to 4-2-5 when I get extra SS during recruiting. I'll use the strongest of the bunches to run the regular 4-2-5, with all SS (SS as interior LBs). They lose certain points, but with in season progression, the points usually get gained back (depending on how well they play, of course).
I'm just surprised your playing as NMSU...I'm a UTEP alum, but usually don't do the UTEP dyansty until Christmas time. I've only played with NMSU (I think before Hal Mumme got there) when they had both the white and maroon helmets, with the black jersey and pants, as part of their uniform selection. I miss those days. Now, they just have those Longhorn knock off uni's. But, it was fun building up NMSU when they had the blacks.

« Operation Sports Forums > Football > EA Sports College Football and NCAA Football »