Home

Next Years NCAA will be Awesome!

This is a discussion on Next Years NCAA will be Awesome! within the EA Sports College Football and NCAA Football forums.

Go Back   Operation Sports Forums > Football > EA Sports College Football and NCAA Football
MLB The Show 24 Review: Another Solid Hit for the Series
New Star GP Review: Old-School Arcade Fun
Where Are Our College Basketball Video Game Rumors?

Old 11-10-2010, 08:41 PM   #17
MVP

Spanky's Arena

OVR: 22
Re: Next Years NCAA will be Awesome!

Quote:
Originally Posted by Playmakers
This years NCAA is Awesome IMO....

Even if NCAA 12 is a flop (which i hope not) i can see myself playing NCAA 11 without hesitation because the gameplay is pretty damn good this year
This.

I'm not going to get my hopes up about NCAA 12, since there's no guarantee that a game will get better year to year. Madden 11 was a flop after Madden 10 was so good.

But even if NCAA 12 bites, NCAA 11 has tremendous longevity. It could very well be the "funnest'' game I've ever played. And that's saying something.

By the way, I'm watching the Jazz-Magic game and what's up with Kirolenko's hair? He looks some kind of weird.

"What? You can't challenge a scoring play?''
Old 11-11-2010, 08:56 AM   #18
Rookie

OVR: 5

I think crowd noise/atmosphere should be heavily enhanced for NCAa 2012. The game sounds awful. I'm sick of playing in the swamp and practically hearing crickets on a major 3rd down play. I'm sick of small time games like SMU-Rice and literally hearing no sound, just the defense chant.

Get:
- more chants, team specific chants too
- more authentic sounding fight songs. these ones have been around for EVER and sound studio made or made with a keyboard.
- more fan shots
- just overall loud noise. if it's too loud for some, have the option to turn it down/off but I need that college atmosphere to feel like a real college game
- empty stadiums for weaker games (ex: Rice-SMU). Those games are barely attended and should reflect in the game. If a bad team like SMU gets hot, pack the house...if good teams get cold, show less fans at the stadium.

Gameplay will never be perfect so I don't care what they churn out in future versions but atmosphere is a staple of college ball...make it feel like I'm in a college game.
Old 11-11-2010, 12:56 PM   #19
Hall Of Fame

Playmakers's Arena

OVR: 40

Quote:
Originally Posted by boomersooner31
I think crowd noise/atmosphere should be heavily enhanced for NCAa 2012. The game sounds awful. I'm sick of playing in the swamp and practically hearing crickets on a major 3rd down play. I'm sick of small time games like SMU-Rice and literally hearing no sound, just the defense chant.

Get:
- more authentic sounding fight songs. these ones have been around for EVER and sound studio made or made with a keyboard.
- more fan shots
- just overall loud noise. if it's too loud for some, have the option to turn it down/off but I need that college atmosphere to feel like a real college game
- empty stadiums for weaker games (ex: Rice-SMU). Those games are barely attended and should reflect in the game. If a bad team like SMU gets hot, pack the house...if good teams get cold, show less fans at the stadium.

Gameplay will never be perfect so I don't care what they churn out in future versions but atmosphere is a staple of college ball...make it feel like I'm in a college game.

I thought we had the option to utilize custom sounds....

In fact i turn the stadium volume all the way up with on field sounds way down cranck up stadium sounds and the game atmosphere is pretty darn good IMO

Follow some the Greatest College Football players of All Time in NCAA Football 14
Old 11-12-2010, 01:19 AM   #20
MVP

Pokes404's Arena

OVR: 10

Quote:
Originally Posted by Playmakers
I thought we had the option to utilize custom sounds....

In fact i turn the stadium volume all the way up with on field sounds way down cranck up stadium sounds and the game atmosphere is pretty darn good IMO
Custom Sounds and messing with the audio sliders does improve the atmosphere quite a bit, but it elevates the atmosphere from terrible to below-average IMO. No matter how loud you make the crowd with the audio sliders, you never get that deep bass, "rumble" that shakes your bones. It's sad that a lot of my custom sounds are just crowd noise I found on the internet and added bass to. I shouldn't have to do that. Also, if I can create decent crowd audio on my machine in a few hours, EA should be able to create something outstanding given all their resources.

It not just the noise level though. The crowds need to be more intelligent, as well. See my above post for an explanation.

Gameplay comes first with me, but great gameday atmosphere would be a very welcome addition/tweak/improvement.
Old 11-12-2010, 05:56 PM   #21
Hall Of Fame

Playmakers's Arena

OVR: 40

Quote:
Originally Posted by Pokes404
Custom Sounds and messing with the audio sliders does improve the atmosphere quite a bit, but it elevates the atmosphere from terrible to below-average IMO. No matter how loud you make the crowd with the audio sliders, you never get that deep bass, "rumble" that shakes your bones. It's sad that a lot of my custom sounds are just crowd noise I found on the internet and added bass to. I shouldn't have to do that. Also, if I can create decent crowd audio on my machine in a few hours, EA should be able to create something outstanding given all their resources.

It not just the noise level though. The crowds need to be more intelligent, as well. See my above post for an explanation.

Gameplay comes first with me, but great gameday atmosphere would be a very welcome addition/tweak/improvement.

I don't know i'm using many different stadium sounds that were posted in the forums here and they add pretty good atmosphere to my games.

It's not perfect but the guys who worked on them did a solid job IMO

Follow some the Greatest College Football players of All Time in NCAA Football 14
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 11-12-2010, 08:06 PM   #22
Live Action, please?

jfsolo's Arena

OVR: 20

Quote:
Originally Posted by boomersooner31

Get:
- more fan shots

You and I are complete polar opposites in what we want going forward. I wouldn't care if they left the atmosphere untouched for NCAA 12. For me the gameplay and A.I. needs to take one or two big steps forward or the game is a no purchase for me.

CPU QB and RB A.I. needs to be improved big time. CPU recruiting strategies and depth chart management also need a major overhaul. Special Teams play should be redone from scratch.

The game might have flopped anyway, but the NCAA Basketball 10 team put almost all their eggs in the presentation basket and that series got put on the shelf. I hope and doubt that they would make that mistake again.

Do this today: Instead of $%*#!@& on a game you're not going to play or movie you're not going to watch, say something good about a piece of media you're excited about.

Do the same thing tomorrow. And the next. Now do it forever.
Old 11-12-2010, 10:05 PM   #23
Rookie

OVR: 6

How many years can you play an offline franchise?
Old 11-13-2010, 01:47 AM   #24
Pro

Super Glock's Arena

OVR: 10

At this point I couldn't care less about next years game. This year is great. Much props to the NCAA team. Best football game to date.

« Operation Sports Forums > Football > EA Sports College Football and NCAA Football »