Home

Ideas for new Dynasty?

This is a discussion on Ideas for new Dynasty? within the EA Sports College Football and NCAA Football forums.

Go Back   Operation Sports Forums > Football > EA Sports College Football and NCAA Football
MLB The Show 24 Review: Another Solid Hit for the Series
New Star GP Review: Old-School Arcade Fun
Where Are Our College Basketball Video Game Rumors?

Old 11-11-2010, 01:01 AM   #1
Rookie

OVR: 3
Ideas for new Dynasty?

Hey guys, i know what people think about others asking for ideas on a new dynasty, but i'm lost right now. I've spent the last 2 dynasty's on Utah State and EMU and built them both up and changed conferences, but i got bored with those. Now i want to start one with a BCS conference school and try and win my first national championship. I would like to start one with a lower level team in a major conference so that it would provide a solid challenge. Any ideas?
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 11-11-2010, 01:36 AM   #2
Recruiting App

PocketScout's Arena

OVR: 12
Re: Ideas for new Dynasty?

Duke, Baylor, Washington State, Vanderbilt
Old 11-11-2010, 02:16 AM   #3
MVP

hoopla32's Arena

Quote:
Originally Posted by PocketScout
Duke, Baylor, Washington State, Vanderbilt
This.

I've started one a long time ago with Vanderbilt. Don't remember where it's at since I haven't played it in over a month, but I think I was in year 5 or 6 and had them built up to 5 star prestige. Hadn't won a national championship yet.

Baylor is a fun team. I got 10 or 11 years deep into a dynasty with them. Robert Griffin gives you a stud QB to play with for 2 or 3 years if you can get him to stay. I will say that I played with Baylor as soon as I got the game, and they were actually maybe a little too good for the kind of challenge you're asking for.
Old 11-11-2010, 02:23 AM   #4
All Star

Kobalt's Arena

OVR: 41

Choose Baylor. They got good players and you get to recruit in Texas.
Old 11-11-2010, 02:23 AM   #5
Rookie

OVR: 3

Quote:
Originally Posted by hoopla32
This.

I've started one a long time ago with Vanderbilt. Don't remember where it's at since I haven't played it in over a month, but I think I was in year 5 or 6 and had them built up to 5 star prestige. Hadn't won a national championship yet.

Baylor is a fun team. I got 10 or 11 years deep into a dynasty with them. Robert Griffin gives you a stud QB to play with for 2 or 3 years if you can get him to stay. I will say that I played with Baylor as soon as I got the game, and they were actually maybe a little too good for the kind of challenge you're asking for.
yah, the Baylor idea is intriguing but not doable for the reason u stated. It'd be too easy with Griffin as my QB. I was thinking about starting one with ECU, Memphis, or maybe even UCONN. Not sure yet tho...
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 11-11-2010, 04:09 AM   #6
Rookie

vusa92troy's Arena

OVR: 36

Go with Colorado. They need a new coach...
Old 11-11-2010, 05:24 AM   #7
Fan of real schools

Hellisan's Arena

OVR: 19

When thinking of teams like this I'm looking for a big stadium or just a nice venue, some type of history that we build to repeat or improve upon, etc.

Colorado, stated above, is a good one.

The Virginia Cavaliers are another team that I've always liked and they have a beautiful stadium..

Kansas is in a major conference, has grass, a great stadium, nice uniforms, and not much of a football history.

BTW... I've recently become convinced that the only way to really DOMINATE recruiting is to be in a state such as Cali, Texas, Florida, Ohio, etc. with tons of talent. That way you're 1st on a ton of lists, giving you a nice fat base for a class (this is when you're a 4-6 star school of course...) So if you want that, take a team in Texas (Baylor... TAMU) or something like that.

Last edited by Hellisan; 11-11-2010 at 05:28 AM.
Old 11-11-2010, 05:42 AM   #8
MVP

hoopla32's Arena

Quote:
Originally Posted by plak89
yah, the Baylor idea is intriguing but not doable for the reason u stated. It'd be too easy with Griffin as my QB. I was thinking about starting one with ECU, Memphis, or maybe even UCONN. Not sure yet tho...

Yeah, Griffin is a stud. I didn't have any slider sets for the first few years, so I played year 1 on All-American default, then the next two on Heisman default. Somehow I got Griffin to stay all three years he had left. His senior year I passed for about 3,800 yards and ran for 1,200 with him. Had about 45 TD passes and close to 20 rushing TD.

« Operation Sports Forums > Football > EA Sports College Football and NCAA Football »