Home

is my defense bad, or are my sliders too hard?

This is a discussion on is my defense bad, or are my sliders too hard? within the EA Sports College Football and NCAA Football forums.

Go Back   Operation Sports Forums > Football > EA Sports College Football and NCAA Football
MLB The Show 24 Review: Another Solid Hit for the Series
New Star GP Review: Old-School Arcade Fun
Where Are Our College Basketball Video Game Rumors?

Old 11-26-2010, 10:41 PM   #1
Rookie

OVR: 0
is my defense bad, or are my sliders too hard?

this is something i haven't been able to figure out. ive been using the same slider set for a few seasons with no alterations. i play on AA and i think generally the challenge is pretty normal.

going in to my current season, my defense is rated 'C'. since the first game, ive been in the bottom #15-20 in every defense category, and in some games it seems like i can't do anything to stop the passing the game.

is this because my defense IS really that bad? or do my sliders need adjusting?
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 11-27-2010, 02:30 AM   #2
Fan of real schools

Hellisan's Arena

OVR: 19
Re: is my defense bad, or are my sliders too hard?

With a team of your quality I would have difficulty stopping the pass (easily 85+ in the nation), but probably wouldn't be in the back 15-20 of the nation overall, however. I dunno might need to keep working at it.
Old 11-27-2010, 04:06 AM   #3
Pro

Bullet Sponge's Arena

OVR: 7

Quote:
Originally Posted by pwncakes55
this is something i haven't been able to figure out. ive been using the same slider set for a few seasons with no alterations. i play on AA and i think generally the challenge is pretty normal.

going in to my current season, my defense is rated 'C'. since the first game, ive been in the bottom #15-20 in every defense category, and in some games it seems like i can't do anything to stop the passing the game.

is this because my defense IS really that bad? or do my sliders need adjusting?
it's hard to answer this question without more specifics. Which conference do you play in? In the WAC or SunBelt a C defense should be pretty decent. In the SEC you'd get pushed around a lot. If its been fine previously you might just be having a bad season, or you might be running a defense that is not a good match for the personnel you are putting on the field.
Old 11-27-2010, 09:02 AM   #4
MVP

OVR: 28

The grades for Offense and Defense are based on player ratings, not stats. Although your defense is rated a "C", this takes into account for all defensive players, not just starters. I am using VT in an OD and I had a grade of B+ although many of my starters had 90+ ratings.

A "C" grade is not great. Make sure when you look at a player's ratings don't just focus on the overall rating. I have had players with ratings in the mid-80's (i.e. DB's) but they were in the 90's in critical areas such as press coverage, man and zone coverage.
Old 11-27-2010, 03:53 PM   #5
Rookie

OVR: 0

Quote:
Originally Posted by Bullet Sponge
it's hard to answer this question without more specifics. Which conference do you play in? In the WAC or SunBelt a C defense should be pretty decent. In the SEC you'd get pushed around a lot. If its been fine previously you might just be having a bad season, or you might be running a defense that is not a good match for the personnel you are putting on the field.
yeah i play in the SEC, i have a pretty tough schedule every year. i guess that would make sense.
Advertisements - Register to remove

« Operation Sports Forums > Football > EA Sports College Football and NCAA Football »