Home

Ten Essentials for NCAA 12

This is a discussion on Ten Essentials for NCAA 12 within the EA Sports College Football and NCAA Football forums.

Go Back   Operation Sports Forums > Football > EA Sports College Football and NCAA Football
MLB The Show 24 Review: Another Solid Hit for the Series
New Star GP Review: Old-School Arcade Fun
Where Are Our College Basketball Video Game Rumors?

Old 11-27-2010, 01:04 PM   #1
Rookie

OVR: 3
Ten Essentials for NCAA 12

We all have our own wishlists for the next installment of NCAA. Realistically however, EA will not implement all the changes we want to see. Therefore, what would you consider the ten essential changes/improvements/fixes for the next NCAA? Here's mine:

1. Include FCS Teams
2. ESPN/CBS/ABC Broadcast style integration
3. Customizable Playbooks
4. Accelerated Clock (for realistic stats playing 15 min quarters like in Madden)
5. Customizable Uniforms
6. Player Discipline in Dynasty Mode
7. Coaching Carousel
8. Gameday and BCS selection shows in Dynasty
9. Special Teams Play (more blocked punts, blocked kicks like in previous NCAAs)
10. Halftime Highlights and ingame updates from around the college football world in your dynasty.

If these ten features were in next year's game, I'd pay $70 dollars for it.

Is anyone from EA reading? :-)
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 11-27-2010, 01:53 PM   #2
MVP

grismosw's Arena

OVR: 15
Re: Ten Essentials for NCAA 12

How about they fix a few issues instead.

1) Eliminate the all out blitz plays, at least from the CPU's playcalling. Not even lower defensive aggressiveness will stop this now.

2) CPU scrambling QBs are too easy to stop. Along with spread/option teams.

3) CPU teams don't recruit to their style of play.

These are the ones off the top of my head, I'm sure I'm missing a few.
Old 11-27-2010, 03:20 PM   #3
Live Action, please?

jfsolo's Arena

OVR: 20

Quote:
Originally Posted by grismosw
How about they fix a few issues instead.

1) Eliminate the all out blitz plays, at least from the CPU's playcalling. Not even lower defensive aggressiveness will stop this now.

2) CPU scrambling QBs are too easy to stop. Along with spread/option teams.

3) CPU teams don't recruit to their style of play.

These are the ones off the top of my head, I'm sure I'm missing a few.
Yep, of the things that the OP has listed, I only care about #7 and number #9. #7 would be great to have, adding tremendous value to the game, but if I'm honest I have to admit that it isn't essential. #9 is something that definitely needs to be addressed. The three things in your list are must fixes IMO.

Do this today: Instead of $%*#!@& on a game you're not going to play or movie you're not going to watch, say something good about a piece of media you're excited about.

Do the same thing tomorrow. And the next. Now do it forever.
Old 11-27-2010, 03:38 PM   #4
Air Raid

Dr Death's Arena

OVR: 17

Quote:
Originally Posted by boxtrev
We all have our own wishlists for the next installment of NCAA. Realistically however, EA will not implement all the changes we want to see. Therefore, what would you consider the ten essential changes/improvements/fixes for the next NCAA? Here's mine:

1. Include FCS Teams
4. Accelerated Clock (for realistic stats playing 15 min quarters like in Madden)
5. Customizable Uniforms
7. Coaching Carousel
9. Special Teams Play (more blocked punts, blocked kicks like in previous NCAAs)
10. Halftime Highlights and ingame updates from around the college football world in your dynasty.

Couple of things I would add to this... the way the game currently is, at the conclusion of a game all the excitement stops abruptly and that jazzy music starts playing. You have a great game and then... nothing. Stay w/ the announcers and the crowd and drop the music. There's nothing worse than playing a great game and the announcers are going crazy and then it all just ends.

Secondly... get the Shovel Pass in the game. This has never been in an NCAA game yet it's all over college football.

Old 11-27-2010, 04:08 PM   #5
$$$

Chrisksaint's Arena

OVR: 33

Yeah my main concern is fix a few of the problems already in the game.

New things I'd like to see tho:
More trick plays- more WR/HB passes, ST plays such as the LSU flip over shoulder
Recruiting Classes- prolly would never happen but how bout an option where you could make/edit an entire recruiting then download/upload it
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 11-27-2010, 08:23 PM   #6
Banned

steelersfan77's Arena

OVR: 7

Okay, well I don't own this game and alot of the reasons I don't own it are because the things I wanted in NCAA 11 never made it in.

So here goes, I'll post some of these things again.....

These have to make it into the 12 version, at least for me to buy this time...

1. Revamped AI...make the AI heads and shoulders better...reprogram this or something. Change it up. Make the AI smarter but less phsycic(sp).

2. Coaching Carousel - Lots of fans have been hoping for this, I'm right there.

3. Accelerated clock - For me this is a must. This helps me get great stat results when it comes to Madden 10. 15 min quarter games only takes me 30 minutes to complete.

4. recruiting - Teams in OfflineDyn recruiting to style of play and that also involves coaching changes and philosifies....tied into coaching carousels I suppose.

5. Penalties - touch up on the area a little more. Make Pass Interference mean something and in penalties that never get called. Not even sure if they're in the game.....illegal man downfield, defensive holding, illegal touching (beyond 5 yards), horse caller...etc., etc, etc.

I don't feel like any of this made it in the game from 10 to 11 based on the reading on the forum and different reviews....

The gameplay on the game sounds great though with the new engine called locomotion....I rented this game and had alot of fun with the locomotion and momentum....

Oh, and not a major game killer for me but I'd like to see the DB running reciever routes removed from the game....make the AI reaction rating mean more when it comes to reading the quarterback and breaking on the route.

And get rid of the linebacker hops over the middle....no linebacker can jump 10 feet in the air.
Old 11-27-2010, 08:31 PM   #7
MVP

Spanky's Arena

OVR: 22

Quote:
Originally Posted by boxtrev

1. Include FCS Teams
5. Customizable Uniforms
7. Coaching Carousel

Forget the $70 thing. Why give the greedy suits any ideas?

Now, the list:

10. Highlights. This would be No. 1 on my list but -- and I hope I'm wrong -- I get the sense that this isn't possible or they would have done it by now. I don't know why, since they had something similar in NFL 2k5 (weekly wrap-up show).

Here is my list of things that seem easy enough to include or improve upon:

1. User stats. Why they took this out makes no sense. It's so awesome to be able to see your completion pct., yards per carry, etc.

2. Coaches likenesses on sideline. Again, don't know why they took this out.

3. Less-aggressive CPU pass rush on play-action passes.

4. Better special teams (easier kickoff and punt returns, more blocks on FGs and PATs).

5. Lower division schools. Not sure why they took them out. I hate seeing FCS West and FCS Southeast on teams' schedules.

6. Revamped commentary. Nessler and Herbstriet are so brutal that I turned them off long ago, turned up stadium sounds and it's so much better.

7. Better-looking crowd. It's quite the eyesore in an otherwise beautiful game.

8. Penalty sliders that work properly. There are too few penalties.

9. Field degradation.

10. Stadium-specific fans (Cornheads at Nebraska, Gatorheads in Florida, etc.)

"What? You can't challenge a scoring play?''
Old 11-27-2010, 09:06 PM   #8
Rookie

OVR: 3

I agree that accelerated clock is a must. Or make the CPU take longer to snap the ball at least. I want 15 minutes quarters and realistic number of plays. Madden can do it, so can NCAA. Haven't bought NCAA in years because of this one single issue. Complete showstopper for me.

« Operation Sports Forums > Football > EA Sports College Football and NCAA Football »