Home

Building a Small School vs Playing with a BCS power

This is a discussion on Building a Small School vs Playing with a BCS power within the EA Sports College Football and NCAA Football forums.

Go Back   Operation Sports Forums > Football > EA Sports College Football and NCAA Football
MLB The Show 24 Review: Another Solid Hit for the Series
New Star GP Review: Old-School Arcade Fun
Where Are Our College Basketball Video Game Rumors?

Old 11-30-2010, 01:49 PM   #9
Be Good To One Another

The JareBear's Arena

OVR: 49
Re: Building a Small School vs Playing with a BCS power

to me they are equally as fun. I think if you figure out a really challenging set of sliders using a big school (as most of our favorite teams are big schools) is awesome. I am Penn State, been 6 star prestige every year, and after 5 seasons I have only been to the NC once and lost it to Michigan thanks to highly modified SECelite all-american sliders. I get crazy realisic stats (average around 305 yards allowed on deense, 315 yards of offense a game), and its actually a team I love and care about.

Just my two cents.

In the old games you couldn't do this because you would, no matter what, kill the CPU each year and land the top recruiting class. But with recruiting on heisman I have only had a top 5 recruiting class once and consistently hover in the high teens-low twenties, just like real life.

Just my two cents.

OS Blog

The Tortured Mind Of A Rockies Fan. In Arenado I Trust.
Old 11-30-2010, 02:08 PM   #10
Rookie

OVR: 3

ive done both. I usually start with Nebraska but then move on to other schools. I like to keep my coach prestige high so I never quit a school but might move on to one of the two teams offered while still under contract. After winning a national title with a big school, I do like to move onto taking over a smaller school...mostly because I like using the real players of my favorite team before they graduate

If you take a smaller school or school with less prestige, I highly recommend choosing a school from a decent conference. When I chose a team from Sun Belt or WAC, I found myself getting bored alot cause most of the teams you will run right over.
Old 11-30-2010, 02:16 PM   #11
Rookie

Wootheel221068's Arena

OVR: 2

I would love to be Oregon because of there uniforms selections but they are already too good.
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 11-30-2010, 02:20 PM   #12
Rookie

OVR: 3

Quote:
Originally Posted by Wootheel221068
I would love to be Oregon because of there uniforms selections but they are already too good.
also for me...my biggest thing is stadiums. Right now I am currently controlling Penn State in year 2 of my dynasty...I was NU for the first year. Penn state went 5-7 the first year so when I got the offer I jumped at it. Playing at Happy Valley is cool.

If you're looking for a smaller school, Mid Tenn State has cool alternate black uniforms.
Old 11-30-2010, 03:15 PM   #13
Asst 2 the Comm Manager

TheShizNo1's Arena

OVR: 33

Quote:
Originally Posted by jaredlib
to me they are equally as fun. I think if you figure out a really challenging set of sliders using a big school (as most of our favorite teams are big schools) is awesome. I am Penn State, been 6 star prestige every year, and after 5 seasons I have only been to the NC once and lost it to Michigan thanks to highly modified SECelite all-american sliders. I get crazy realisic stats (average around 305 yards allowed on deense, 315 yards of offense a game), and its actually a team I love and care about.

Just my two cents.

In the old games you couldn't do this because you would, no matter what, kill the CPU each year and land the top recruiting class. But with recruiting on heisman I have only had a top 5 recruiting class once and consistently hover in the high teens-low twenties, just like real life.

Just my two cents.
Did you not play Michigan during the season?
Quote:
Originally Posted by Mo
You underestimate my laziness
Quote:
Originally Posted by Mo
**** ya

Old 11-30-2010, 03:52 PM   #14
Be Good To One Another

The JareBear's Arena

OVR: 49

correct sir.

It was a great game, lost 38-31. With my CPU spread offense tweaks to SECelites slider set robinson and shaw ran all over me.

OS Blog

The Tortured Mind Of A Rockies Fan. In Arenado I Trust.
Old 11-30-2010, 04:49 PM   #15
Rookie

OVR: 2

I love both (all 3, really, middle of the road is vastly different from either powerhouse or complete rebuild).

I don't play as much as I used to, so I'm only doing one dynasty, and that's with my favorite team (Bama). With the right sliders, it's a real challenge yet very realistic. In the past I'd have two dynasties running simultaneously, one a rebuilding project, the other my favorite school.
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 11-30-2010, 05:20 PM   #16
MVP

prowler's Arena

OVR: 11

I start with a 1* Teambuilder squad that's top heavy with talented juniors and seniors (B- OVR) but also has horribly low rated freshmen and sophomores (D- OVR). The first two years I finish within the top three in the Mountain West and after that it falls apart horribly; essentially it's a delayed cupcake dynasty.

I do this because I have a short attention span when it comes to dynasty mode and I'll restart my dynasty for the smallest reasons (roster changes, TB logo design changes, etc). So rather than invest time and effort into recruiting for a cupcake squad only to restart the dynasty after a few games, I completely neglect recruiting and enjoy the games for the first couple seasons and deal with the mess I made for myself in season three. If I make it to the third season I'm a lot less likely to restart.

« Operation Sports Forums > Football > EA Sports College Football and NCAA Football »