Home

Building a Small School vs Playing with a BCS power

This is a discussion on Building a Small School vs Playing with a BCS power within the EA Sports College Football and NCAA Football forums.

Go Back   Operation Sports Forums > Football > EA Sports College Football and NCAA Football
MLB The Show 24 Review: Another Solid Hit for the Series
New Star GP Review: Old-School Arcade Fun
Where Are Our College Basketball Video Game Rumors?

Old 12-01-2010, 10:30 AM   #17
Pro

Bullet Sponge's Arena

OVR: 7
Re: Building a Small School vs Playing with a BCS power

I like to control one of our local teams here in Utah (Utah, BYU, Utah State etc), but I also like to build up a weak team, which eliminates BYU and Utah. Luckily I have Utah State in the WAC to play with, who are complete crap. Makes for a very challenging dynasty. Short of that I also use my created Weber State team (a local FCS team) whom I've used in conference USA.
Old 12-01-2010, 04:07 PM   #18
MVP

Wavebird99's Arena

OVR: 10

Quote:
Originally Posted by jaredlib
correct sir.

It was a great game, lost 38-31. With my CPU spread offense tweaks to SECelites slider set robinson and shaw ran all over me.
What tweaks did you make? I use these sliders to.

Also, for this game its weird. I didnt really like building up small schools as much as I thought I would. I dont like the small stadiums, the lack of history etc. Its also really easy to roll over teams within the bad conferences, even if your team is rated just as equally as the other team. Its kinda lame to me.

Right now I just started an Arkansas dynasty - I like being teams that are just on the cusp of being great and winning a NC with them. Other teams good for this include Miami, Auburn, and Stanford. Its also fun to return a team to past glory, such as Notre Dame or Michigan. I much prefer playing as one of these schools compared to say, Utah State.

Last edited by Wavebird99; 12-01-2010 at 04:46 PM.
Old 12-01-2010, 06:24 PM   #19
MVP

8's Arena

OVR: 21

I do like building up bottom tier teams but at some point it becomes a little too unrealistic for me. What I would love to see is when you build a tea up to 4 or 5 stars you have the ability to build a new stadium, it just doesn't feel right to have 5 star team playing in a tiny stadium.
Old 12-02-2010, 11:26 PM   #20
Pro

44drob's Arena

OVR: 27

I rEally enjoy building up weeker teams but hey thats just my opinion

GLORYERACLOTHING.COM
TRU2THA GAME
Old 12-03-2010, 12:12 AM   #21
MVP

OVR: 38

Quote:
Originally Posted by jaredlib
correct sir.

It was a great game, lost 38-31. With my CPU spread offense tweaks to SECelites slider set robinson and shaw ran all over me.
What are said tweaks?
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 12-04-2010, 12:42 PM   #22
Pro

OVR: 9

Quote:
Originally Posted by TheShizNo1
I always start off with Michigan. After building them into the likes of a super power, I start with a low tier team. After building them up, I look for a non BCS power ala Boise, TCU etc and get them into a BCS conference.
Isn't getting Boise to a BCS game EASIER than building Michigan into a super power?

Every game Boise plays, they will be the higher rated team. What fun is that?

I think the OP is asking whether it's more enjoyable to be a strong teams playing other strong teams, or taking a smallish, weakish, team and trying to build them to respectable.

I'm not sure how NCAA11 is, but that's what I liked about the CHoops series. Starting out at a small school, getting them respectable, taking a new job at a Mid-major, getting them national attention, and then getting a job at a power conference, and going for national titles. You got it all in one franchise. You find yourself playing with teams that you might never consider. For example starting at Western IL, then Evansville, then Texas A&M.

My preference is to take small team and make them respectable, but it does get old going through your conference season playing a bunch of team's you have no interest in, only for the chance of a bowl game against a challenging team.

It's not like CHoops, where you can enjoy playing with a smallish team, knowing that you're going to the tourney to play the Big Boys.

On the other hand, playing a challenging game every other week, knowing that a loss could end your title hopes is more challenging.
Old 12-04-2010, 01:08 PM   #23
Asst 2 the Comm Manager

TheShizNo1's Arena

OVR: 33

Quote:
Originally Posted by TripleThreat1973
Isn't getting Boise to a BCS game EASIER than building Michigan into a super power?

Every game Boise plays, they will be the higher rated team. What fun is that?
I'm not trying to get Boise into the game, rather a BCS conference is what I posted. It's very easy to turn Michigan into a power w/ how easy recruiting is for them.
Quote:
Originally Posted by Mo
You underestimate my laziness
Quote:
Originally Posted by Mo
**** ya

Old 12-07-2010, 01:59 PM   #24
Pro

Xero Theory 42's Arena

OVR: 5

i start off with a 12 team powerhouse dynasty.. then i start my single team UConn dynasty, and this year i started doing an Military dynasty with army navy and AF

« Operation Sports Forums > Football > EA Sports College Football and NCAA Football »