Home

Glitch or blatant cheating?

This is a discussion on Glitch or blatant cheating? within the EA Sports College Football and NCAA Football forums.

Go Back   Operation Sports Forums > Football > EA Sports College Football and NCAA Football
MLB The Show 24 Review: Another Solid Hit for the Series
New Star GP Review: Old-School Arcade Fun
Where Are Our College Basketball Video Game Rumors?

Old 12-01-2010, 11:12 AM   #9
Rookie

OVR: 2
Re: Glitch or blatant cheating?

Funny you made this thread. Last night I'm playing my dynasty as UMD against WV in my 2nd yr. I'm ranked 4th undefeated and they're 13th. It's the 2nd quarter. They stop my drive and I punt. Beautiful directional punt inside the 20 about the 18yd line. PR fields it with one foot out of bound so no return. I'm thinking all's good til it up pops review. Okay I said they must be checking the spot. NOPE. I don't know what the hades they were checking but they end up with the ball in scoring position on the 20. Thankfully I was already up by 2 scores and held them to a FG. I mean I didn't even get an explanation.
Old 12-01-2010, 12:04 PM   #10
Pro

Bullet Sponge's Arena

OVR: 7

Quote:
Originally Posted by Jaydabeast
Funny you made this thread. Last night I'm playing my dynasty as UMD against WV in my 2nd yr. I'm ranked 4th undefeated and they're 13th. It's the 2nd quarter. They stop my drive and I punt. Beautiful directional punt inside the 20 about the 18yd line. PR fields it with one foot out of bound so no return. I'm thinking all's good til it up pops review. Okay I said they must be checking the spot. NOPE. I don't know what the hades they were checking but they end up with the ball in scoring position on the 20. Thankfully I was already up by 2 scores and held them to a FG. I mean I didn't even get an explanation.
I know exactly what happened because it happened to me. They were doing a review on whether he caught the ball in or out of bounds. They determined he was out of bounds (so far so good).

But this is where the game glitches. It treats that review as if you went for it on 4th down and caught the ball out of bounds. Thus no completion, and they take over at the spot where you punted from.
Old 12-01-2010, 01:16 PM   #11
Rookie

Anyone else have AI issues of injury?
In what's going to be my last season at Varsity level at 6* Auburn. Last season I had the Heisman-leading HB at halfway point of season but the game decided to give my SENIOR -- rated 90+ INJ -- an 8 wk injury effectively ending his college career.
Miraculously, or maybe not so, my QB took over the burden and actually wins the Heisman leading team to NC.
Game 1 this year, the same 98 INJ QB -- NINETY-EIGHT! -- is injured w/ 'broken collar bone' on 3rd snap of season. Supposdely will me 'active' for ALA week. Wait...it gets better.
My new HB this season, now a senior and w/ SPD of 98 and spin of 90+something, is off the chart averaging 240-something per game. In wk 6 he's leading Heisman and after 3 carries for 90+ yards the 97 INJ HB is out for 7 wks after suffering 'torn shoulder' (?????!!!), wait for it.....ON A PASS PLAY TO A WR!!!
If the AI's not cheating to try to level the playing field -- knocking off my 'best' player three times in the span of about 10 games over 2 seasons -- I don't know what else to think. All three with 90+ INJ losing extensive time? And for 2 seasons I've been Mass Subbing for this reason as well as getting PT for others to try to help their off-season OVR progress.
Failed to mention the same kind of career-ending INJ to my Thorpe Award-holding senior FS three seasons back.

Just so I know to stay mad at the game, y'all think it's not just me, right?!
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 12-01-2010, 04:17 PM   #12
Rookie

Quote:
Originally Posted by Bullet Sponge
I know exactly what happened because it happened to me. They were doing a review on whether he caught the ball in or out of bounds. They determined he was out of bounds (so far so good).

But this is where the game glitches. It treats that review as if you went for it on 4th down and caught the ball out of bounds. Thus no completion, and they take over at the spot where you punted from.
ROFLMAO. Thank you for explaining that nonsense. I figured that's what they were reviewing but I was like "it's a punt, what difference does it make". Lesson learned though. Will NEVER be punting the ball out of bounds anymore.
Old 12-01-2010, 08:16 PM   #13
Rookie

OVR: 1

Quote:
Originally Posted by GGGswim
Anyone else have AI issues of injury?
In what's going to be my last season at Varsity level at 6* Auburn. Last season I had the Heisman-leading HB at halfway point of season but the game decided to give my SENIOR -- rated 90+ INJ -- an 8 wk injury effectively ending his college career.
Miraculously, or maybe not so, my QB took over the burden and actually wins the Heisman leading team to NC.
Game 1 this year, the same 98 INJ QB -- NINETY-EIGHT! -- is injured w/ 'broken collar bone' on 3rd snap of season. Supposdely will me 'active' for ALA week. Wait...it gets better.
My new HB this season, now a senior and w/ SPD of 98 and spin of 90+something, is off the chart averaging 240-something per game. In wk 6 he's leading Heisman and after 3 carries for 90+ yards the 97 INJ HB is out for 7 wks after suffering 'torn shoulder' (?????!!!), wait for it.....ON A PASS PLAY TO A WR!!!
If the AI's not cheating to try to level the playing field -- knocking off my 'best' player three times in the span of about 10 games over 2 seasons -- I don't know what else to think. All three with 90+ INJ losing extensive time? And for 2 seasons I've been Mass Subbing for this reason as well as getting PT for others to try to help their off-season OVR progress.
Failed to mention the same kind of career-ending INJ to my Thorpe Award-holding senior FS three seasons back.

Just so I know to stay mad at the game, y'all think it's not just me, right?!
No I totally understand this! I really do.

I'm in year 5 of a New Mexico State off dynasty.

My recruiting classes are god awful. All ranked 90 or worse. My best players are transfer kids cause I cant get players to commit so I end up with a ton of spots for transfers.

My best recruits are by far WRs. For some reason this game has a TON of WR recruits. And they are interested. So I pick the guys with the best combo of speed, route running and hands.

Light it up with them. My best WRs are hurt! When I had a decent QB the CPU hurt my best WR. The year before this current one, I had a HB transfer rated 96, and he was tearing it up. My QB the year before I redshirted him because my recruiting class was horribad. The transfers for the next year with that QB would have rocked. They hurt my HB for the SEASON. So 3 years str8 my star WR is hurt. Next year my star HB is hurt and is a senior. This year that same WR is done for the season.

Your right dude. None of my crap players that start are never done for more than one QT, but my good players, the few that I have are done for 11 weeks or the season. Hell 11 weeks s the season.

Im with you on this one bro.

ps. Heisman recruiting sucks. And I mean sucks!
Old 12-02-2010, 09:36 AM   #14
Rookie

Quote:
Originally Posted by Souchiro
No I totally understand this! I really do.

I'm in year 5 of a New Mexico State off dynasty.

My recruiting classes are god awful. All ranked 90 or worse. My best players are transfer kids cause I cant get players to commit so I end up with a ton of spots for transfers.

My best recruits are by far WRs. For some reason this game has a TON of WR recruits. And they are interested. So I pick the guys with the best combo of speed, route running and hands.

Light it up with them. My best WRs are hurt! When I had a decent QB the CPU hurt my best WR. The year before this current one, I had a HB transfer rated 96, and he was tearing it up. My QB the year before I redshirted him because my recruiting class was horribad. The transfers for the next year with that QB would have rocked. They hurt my HB for the SEASON. So 3 years str8 my star WR is hurt. Next year my star HB is hurt and is a senior. This year that same WR is done for the season.

Your right dude. None of my crap players that start are never done for more than one QT, but my good players, the few that I have are done for 11 weeks or the season. Hell 11 weeks s the season.

Im with you on this one bro.

ps. Heisman recruiting sucks. And I mean sucks!
You just made me feel a little bit better about my dynasty. Though it was just me with the 90th ranked recruiting classes. I'm in my 2nd yr after having a better recruiting yr in my 1st. And that class was mostly 3 stars, many of which I had to cut.

In this 2nd yr, I'm in the ACC Ship and have only 3 4*s 4 3*s and a 2*. For the season I'm ranked 4th in the BCS. Hoping that goes up after I beat Miami. I still have a shot at 4 4* recruits but I think I'll go back to my 1st yr strategy and target only those interested regardless of *s. Trying to recruit these 4s is a beya.
Old 12-02-2010, 11:17 AM   #15
Rookie

OVR: 1

Quote:
Originally Posted by Jaydabeast
You just made me feel a little bit better about my dynasty. Though it was just me with the 90th ranked recruiting classes. I'm in my 2nd yr after having a better recruiting yr in my 1st. And that class was mostly 3 stars, many of which I had to cut.

In this 2nd yr, I'm in the ACC Ship and have only 3 4*s 4 3*s and a 2*. For the season I'm ranked 4th in the BCS. Hoping that goes up after I beat Miami. I still have a shot at 4 4* recruits but I think I'll go back to my 1st yr strategy and target only those interested regardless of *s. Trying to recruit these 4s is a beya.
In year 5 I am a 5 Star school. Ive never won the Nat Championship. But I always have All American WR's, of course, its all I can really recruit well. Ive never had a losing season. Worse season was maybe 3 losses.

This recruiting class is ranked 15th. I only believe I its so high is because of my prestige and I got lucky and had the 3rd best player of the class, which is an ATH, he projects as a LB, which is good cause I need a MLB like yesterday.

Also a ton of 4* star kids had me number 1. So I got some instant commits in the first few weeks.

By far this is my best class ever.

But before that, 90 or worse.

And I really really try hard on recruiting. I will even mark down what to do, switch it up if I fall to far behind. I try really hard.

Heisman recruiting by far is the best addition to this game. Even though the computer is such a pain in the *** with the cheating. I swear they go after players just because the human did. Also it is insanely hard to get a decommit. Even after you've spent weeks being -1 with a kid.
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 12-02-2010, 06:00 PM   #16
Rookie

OperationRoseBowl's Arena

OVR: 8

Idk if this counts but, I was playing as Oregon, and I really didn't feel like playing against New Mexico, so I just decided to simulate the game and guess what?....Somehow the computer comes up with New Mexico beating Oregon in a simulated game wtf? (I forgot the score, close game)

Fantasy Sports Enthusiast
Sports Memorabilia Collector

CowboysAstrosRocketsTexas Longhorns

« Operation Sports Forums > Football > EA Sports College Football and NCAA Football »