Home

FCS Schools, Scheduling, PreSeason Ranks

This is a discussion on FCS Schools, Scheduling, PreSeason Ranks within the EA Sports College Football and NCAA Football forums.

Go Back   Operation Sports Forums > Football > EA Sports College Football and NCAA Football
MLB The Show 24 Review: Another Solid Hit for the Series
New Star GP Review: Old-School Arcade Fun
Where Are Our College Basketball Video Game Rumors?

Old 12-18-2010, 04:08 AM   #17
MVP

CuseGirl's Arena

OVR: 7
Re: FCS Schools, Scheduling, PreSeason Ranks

Quote:
Originally Posted by untrugby
in 09 5 teams were undefeated going into the BCS so its not really that unrealistic

i do agree about teams that always just stay on top. I have noticed for years that texas always takes a downfall and A&M becomes a powerhouse. There must be an aggie programmer on staff.
But at the time, 3 of those were BCS schools and the other 2 were non-AQ and slated to play each other. I've had 4 BCS confrence champs undefeated plus a non-AQ undefeated. I dunno, maybe it's more apparant to me because I can read the polls so easily. But there's still some logic issues there. If I win the national title and return many of my starters and have a team that's A+ on both sides of the ball, don't tell me B+/B-minus Oregon is the preseason #1.
Old 12-18-2010, 08:57 AM   #18
Haterade Drinker

untrugby's Arena

OVR: 14

Quote:
Originally Posted by CuseGirl
But at the time, 3 of those were BCS schools and the other 2 were non-AQ and slated to play each other. I've had 4 BCS confrence champs undefeated plus a non-AQ undefeated.
there was still Florida too with an undefeated regular season. Every year you legitimately have a chance to have one undefeated from each of the BCS conference since they usually schedule non AQ teams for out of conference and then play conference. IRL they have something crazy happen and end up with one loss but the simming in the game rarely has those type of things happen and you end up with teams that easily run the table.

Quote:
But there's still some logic issues there. If I win the national title and return many of my starters and have a team that's A+ on both sides of the ball, don't tell me B+/B-minus Oregon is the preseason #1.
the preseason ranking are totally messed up ive won the NC with a non AQ and been unranked the next year. Ive also taken a mediocre BCS team and won 3 straight NCs and then the 4th year im still preseason ranked in the 20s
Old 12-20-2010, 05:05 AM   #19
MVP

CuseGirl's Arena

OVR: 7

Quote:
Originally Posted by untrugby
the preseason ranking are totally messed up ive won the NC with a non AQ and been unranked the next year. Ive also taken a mediocre BCS team and won 3 straight NCs and then the 4th year im still preseason ranked in the 20s
I wanna get that trophy for maintaining the #1 ranking for an entire year but it's almost impossible. I've had the preseason #1, blown out my first 3 opponents and then get moved down to #3 without cause. I was lucky to get the "untouchable" trophy, because it requires that you play in the BCS title game, which you cannot control.
Old 12-20-2010, 10:00 AM   #20
Haterade Drinker

untrugby's Arena

OVR: 14

Quote:
Originally Posted by CuseGirl
I wanna get that trophy for maintaining the #1 ranking for an entire year but it's almost impossible. I've had the preseason #1, blown out my first 3 opponents and then get moved down to #3 without cause. I was lucky to get the "untouchable" trophy, because it requires that you play in the BCS title game, which you cannot control.
just schedule #2 and #3 for the 1st 2 weeks when you get a preseason #1 ranking. An easy way to get the trophy is start a new dynasty with alabama and schedule Ohio St and texas the 1st 2 weeks then win out

« Operation Sports Forums > Football > EA Sports College Football and NCAA Football »