Home

The perfect rush 3-4 OLB

This is a discussion on The perfect rush 3-4 OLB within the EA Sports College Football and NCAA Football forums.

Go Back   Operation Sports Forums > Football > EA Sports College Football and NCAA Football
MLB The Show 24 Review: Another Solid Hit for the Series
New Star GP Review: Old-School Arcade Fun
Where Are Our College Basketball Video Game Rumors?

Old 12-17-2010, 10:39 PM   #1
Rookie

RjTheMetalhead's Arena

OVR: 1
The perfect rush 3-4 OLB

Any one else have trouble finding these?
I've only found one that really constituted switching to a 3-4.
He was buried deep on the depth chart at South Carolina at RE as a redshirt Sophomore when I became the new HC.

Scott Lane;
6-1 234 pounds
Had 50 tackles, 19 TFL, 17 assists, 17 sacks, 2 PD, 2 FF, 3 FR, 1 FR for TD,
also won the Nagurski and Best LB in 2022(This was his junior year 1st year starting).

His stats from Junior year.
81 Overall LOLB
88 Speed
81 Strength and Agilty
85 ACC
74 Tackle
90 Hit Power
72 Power Moves
76 Finesse Moves
85 Block Shedding
72 MC
74 ZC
88 Pursuit

I feel like a dick usering him anymore lol, although a good bit of the sacks came from PA rollouts or weak SEC teams.
Once he graduates I gotta find a successor somewhere.
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 12-17-2010, 10:49 PM   #2
MVP

jbrew2411's Arena

OVR: 13
Re: The perfect rush 3-4 OLB

It's hard to find the 250lb LB's in this game. Then moving guys may take a red shirt year before they are ready. I don't mind weight as much since the ratings don't match up. I do try and stay away from the 200lb guys.
Old 12-18-2010, 12:28 AM   #3
Rookie

RjTheMetalhead's Arena

Quote:
Originally Posted by jbrew2411
It's hard to find the 250lb LB's in this game. Then moving guys may take a red shirt year before they are ready. I don't mind weight as much since the ratings don't match up. I do try and stay away from the 200lb guys.
The weight/height thing is really bad this year.
A 6-0 249 pound DE should not be strong enough to start at 3-4 DE, but the ratings say otherwise.

Anyways tomorrow I'm gonna spend a lot of time looking for smallish DE's with good speed, ACC, all the moves and block shedding, and a least a D in Zone Coverage, then see about converting them and how they work out after a few seasons. Also look at some ATH's capable of being a good 3-4 OLB.
Old 12-18-2010, 02:07 AM   #4
MVP

youALREADYknow's Arena

OVR: 28

There are almost none. Most of them are actually ATH's in the 6'3"-6"6 240-275 lb mold.

It's truly bad when you have to import created classes into Madden and end up with 6'1" 210 lb OLB's.
Old 12-18-2010, 08:45 AM   #5
MVP

jbrew2411's Arena

Quote:
Originally Posted by RjTheMetalhead
The weight/height thing is really bad this year.
A 6-0 249 pound DE should not be strong enough to start at 3-4 DE, but the ratings say otherwise.

Anyways tomorrow I'm gonna spend a lot of time looking for smallish DE's with good speed, ACC, all the moves and block shedding, and a least a D in Zone Coverage, then see about converting them and how they work out after a few seasons. Also look at some ATH's capable of being a good 3-4 OLB.
You should be able to find the speed and block sheding you want but the coverage will take a huge hit. When I was playing as UGA and running the 3-4, I would recruit two years in advance for my D. That way I could use a redshirt year before I needed them. I also found some MLB's with good size (example: 6'3" 245lbs) that I moved to OLB and they were ready to play day one.
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 12-18-2010, 10:14 AM   #6
Rookie

RjTheMetalhead's Arena

Quote:
Originally Posted by youALREADYknow
There are almost none. Most of them are actually ATH's in the 6'3"-6"6 240-275 lb mold.

It's truly bad when you have to import created classes into Madden and end up with 6'1" 210 lb OLB's.
The one I found must have been an ATH, he also has good carry, throwing and kicking ratings witch I didn't think much of until now.
Old 12-19-2010, 02:11 PM   #7
Rookie

OVR: 0

One of my best roster moves has been on a 3-star find from season 1 of my OD. I'm Vandy, playing against ALL the big boys (other users have OSU, UCLA, USC, FL, ND, UGA, etc). I landed a 3-star MLB in my first class (only signed 11 guys in season 1) and when he enrolled, I noticed he had a 95 ACC. I formation-subbed him at DT some, and he was a beast. I had planned to move him to DT, but when I couldn't score a great DE in season 2 recruiting, I moved him to DE. He has 6 sacks in 7 games, and almost all of his tackles are TFL.

I'm now looking to recruit DEs to play DT, LBs to play DE and ATH or big safeties to play LB. What I've seen out of the DTs in the game is that unless they're pure studs, they don't turn into much.

Then again, it could be because I've had to go from being a 2-star to a 4-star program in 2 years, and still miss out on most of the great talent due to higher-rated users in recruiting.
Old 12-19-2010, 06:35 PM   #8
MVP

jbrew2411's Arena

Quote:
Originally Posted by countrydawg
One of my best roster moves has been on a 3-star find from season 1 of my OD. I'm Vandy, playing against ALL the big boys (other users have OSU, UCLA, USC, FL, ND, UGA, etc). I landed a 3-star MLB in my first class (only signed 11 guys in season 1) and when he enrolled, I noticed he had a 95 ACC. I formation-subbed him at DT some, and he was a beast. I had planned to move him to DT, but when I couldn't score a great DE in season 2 recruiting, I moved him to DE. He has 6 sacks in 7 games, and almost all of his tackles are TFL.

I'm now looking to recruit DEs to play DT, LBs to play DE and ATH or big safeties to play LB. What I've seen out of the DTs in the game is that unless they're pure studs, they don't turn into much.

Then again, it could be because I've had to go from being a 2-star to a 4-star program in 2 years, and still miss out on most of the great talent due to higher-rated users in recruiting.
That is one of the problems with this game. I'm sure the guy is less then 250lbs. No way in real life a 250lb guy could be a beast at DT. I know the Vols this year had to use some DE's (Jackson) at DT but I could see a 265lb DE over a MLB. I am not trying to be negative toward you but that is just something that should not be allowed in the game. I understand it is just a video game and I think everyone should enjoy the game in their own way. I wish EA would fix the unrealistic position changes in this game.

« Operation Sports Forums > Football > EA Sports College Football and NCAA Football »