Home

Official "What playbook should I use" "What Playbook represents who" etc thread

This is a discussion on Official "What playbook should I use" "What Playbook represents who" etc thread within the EA Sports College Football and NCAA Football forums.

Go Back   Operation Sports Forums > Football > EA Sports College Football and NCAA Football
MLB The Show 24 Review: Another Solid Hit for the Series
New Star GP Review: Old-School Arcade Fun
Where Are Our College Basketball Video Game Rumors?

Old 12-23-2010, 02:00 PM   #25
Rookie

Omniphobe's Arena

OVR: 1
Re: Official "What playbook should I use" "What Playbook represents who" etc thread

I'm looking for a classic Walsh West Coast Offense playbook, any suggestions?
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 12-24-2010, 03:18 PM   #26
Pro

OVR: 5
Re: Official "What playbook should I use" "What Playbook represents who" etc thread

Quote:
Originally Posted by silkysmooth
I love Ohio St.'s playbook. It has a very solid mix of formations. You can run the power game with the I, spread the field with the shotgun and some singlebacks, and run some option/QB runs. One of those playbooks where you can always play up your strength no matter what your strength is offensively.
I love this PB too. I currently use tOSU, Boise, and Clemson. They are all slightly different but very nice multiple books. OSU for power and I-form. Clemson for more spread running/option, boise for 1-back and spread passing.

Quote:
Originally Posted by johntom2000
Best playbook to run a 2-back/muti-back system? I need some suggestings as I am going in my 3 yr with a deep talent at rb.
Wisconsin and Mich St are very run heavy pro style books. Wisconsin has tons of auto motion of TE/H-back which is nice. Cal if you love offset-I formations.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Omniphobe
I'm looking for a classic Walsh West Coast Offense playbook, any suggestions?
I don't think this exists in the game, since I haven't seen a PB with the classical split back formations from under center (near, far etc). But Syracuse is superb for west coast passing. It has bunch, tight, spread, tons of short passing options.
Old 12-25-2010, 12:25 AM   #27
Banned

johntom2000's Arena

OVR: 9

Quote:
Originally Posted by Isura
I love this PB too. I currently use tOSU, Boise, and Clemson. They are all slightly different but very nice multiple books. OSU for power and I-form. Clemson for more spread running/option, boise for 1-back and spread passing.

Wisconsin and Mich St are very run heavy pro style books. Wisconsin has tons of auto motion of TE/H-back which is nice. Cal if you love offset-I formations.

I don't think this exists in the game, since I haven't seen a PB with the classical split back formations from under center (near, far etc). But Syracuse is superb for west coast passing. It has bunch, tight, spread, tons of short passing options.
Thanks for the reply. I will check them out!
Old 01-02-2011, 03:23 PM   #28
Rookie

OVR: 3

Ok I have the overall talent to run whatever offense I want in my online dynasty. Stacked line, elite running backs, great receivers, and finally just signed my first elite tight end. I have a qb who will likely leave for the draft, either way I have signed a qb to replace him. The guy I have now a strictly pocket passer with a laser rocket arm, the guy i have coming in has b- speed and c+ acceleration, listed as a balanced guy with a+ throw power and c+ accuracy. I want to run a spread no huddle but can't find one with the right mix of run and pass I want. I like to go 50/50 run pass. The spread wildcat is a plus but not mandatory... HELP!
Old 01-02-2011, 03:30 PM   #29
Pro

OVR: 5

Check out Clemson and Texas. Both are pretty balanced and multiple style
Old 01-02-2011, 03:53 PM   #30
MVP

BlastX21's Arena

OVR: 16

Quote:
Originally Posted by cjp2155
Ok I have the overall talent to run whatever offense I want in my online dynasty. Stacked line, elite running backs, great receivers, and finally just signed my first elite tight end. I have a qb who will likely leave for the draft, either way I have signed a qb to replace him. The guy I have now a strictly pocket passer with a laser rocket arm, the guy i have coming in has b- speed and c+ acceleration, listed as a balanced guy with a+ throw power and c+ accuracy. I want to run a spread no huddle but can't find one with the right mix of run and pass I want. I like to go 50/50 run pass. The spread wildcat is a plus but not mandatory... HELP!
Louisville. It has all your spread and Air Raid pass plays in addition to 4 halfback dives from the shotgun to take advantage of your RB's. I find its by far the best spread PB for a balanced attack.
Old 01-02-2011, 04:40 PM   #31
Banned

OVR: 14

Is OK St the best PB that mimics Holgorsen style>
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 01-02-2011, 07:58 PM   #32
Rookie

OVR: 3

Louisville seems like exactly what I want. It has like 5 five wide sets and a good amount of run and option stuff. Some of the no huddle attacks need a faster qb than I'm going to have. I have decent success running with Andy Dalton online but he doesn't break anything really.

« Operation Sports Forums > Football > EA Sports College Football and NCAA Football »