Home

How easy is it to make a bowl game?

This is a discussion on How easy is it to make a bowl game? within the EA Sports College Football and NCAA Football forums.

Go Back   Operation Sports Forums > Football > EA Sports College Football and NCAA Football
MLB The Show 24 Review: Another Solid Hit for the Series
New Star GP Review: Old-School Arcade Fun
Where Are Our College Basketball Video Game Rumors?

Old 12-24-2010, 06:54 AM   #1
Rookie

UTEPis#1's Arena

OVR: 0
How easy is it to make a bowl game?

I'm playing my first offline dynasty as UTEP and my OOC schdule is Ball St. Akron, WKU, and an FCS. I also play the conference USA schedule. Do you think 6-6 is enough for a bowl game or will it take more because of my weak schedule.

Has anyone ever missed a bowl game with a 6-6 record?
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 12-24-2010, 08:17 AM   #2
Rookie

OVR: 1
Re: How easy is it to make a bowl game?

I missed a bowl game at 7-5 record with Army but I'm not sure if it had more to do with my schedule, being an independent, or just bad luck.
Old 12-24-2010, 09:15 AM   #3
MVP

jbrew2411's Arena

OVR: 13

I just finished year 1 in a new dynasty I started (offline) and there were about 6-7 school with a 6-6 record that made bowl games. Since you are in C-USA they have partnerships with bowls so as long as you finish in one of the assigned spots you should be good. With 4 easy non-conf games you should be able to win 3 games in C-USA so you should be good. All this depends on how good the other schools records are. I would aim for 7 wins to be safe.
Old 12-24-2010, 03:40 PM   #4
Pro

Bullet Sponge's Arena

OVR: 7

It depends on your conference's bowl tie-ins and where you finish. If you look at the bowl predictions you'll see they list things like "Mountain West #4" or "SEC #6" etc next to the teams in the bowl. These are the slots reserved for bowl teams. For instance if you're in the WAC and have a 6-6 record (6-2 conference record), but finish 4th in the conference, you'll get to the Hawai'i bowl. If you're 8-4 but finish 6th (4-4 conference record) you probably aren't going bowling at all. So it has less to do with your record and everything to do with your conference's bowl affiliations and where you finish in conference.
Old 12-26-2010, 11:13 PM   #5
Hall Of Fame

Tovarich's Arena

OVR: 26

Several versions of the game ago, I went 6-6 with Duke...I upset top 10 Alabama in the last game of the season and was pumped up about getting to 6-6 so I could go to a bowl...nope...3-9 Arizona got one instead of me.
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 12-27-2010, 08:05 AM   #6
Rookie

UTEPis#1's Arena

Quote:
Originally Posted by Tovarich
Several versions of the game ago, I went 6-6 with Duke...I upset top 10 Alabama in the last game of the season and was pumped up about getting to 6-6 so I could go to a bowl...nope...3-9 Arizona got one instead of me.
Wow that sucks!

I decided to restart this dynasty anyway because I forgot to schedule my rivals New Mexico and New Mexico St. Now I have a C- schedule with a 5-3 record. Hopefully 6-6 is enough for UTEP to make a bowl game (it was in real life).
Old 12-27-2010, 12:05 PM   #7
MVP

TheGamingChef's Arena

OVR: 18

C-USA has five or six bowl tie-ins (I know it's six IRL, but the game may only have five of them), so if you finish in the top five you will be in a bowl. If not, EA has some weird stuff happen with at-large teams to fill in, so it's kind of a crapshoot.
Old 12-28-2010, 04:45 PM   #8
Rookie

UTEPis#1's Arena

Quote:
Originally Posted by TheGamingChef
C-USA has five or six bowl tie-ins (I know it's six IRL, but the game may only have five of them), so if you finish in the top five you will be in a bowl. If not, EA has some weird stuff happen with at-large teams to fill in, so it's kind of a crapshoot.
I went 6-6 my first season but missed a bowl game because most of C-USA was bowl eligible. In season 2 I'm looking at another 6 or maybe 7 win season but the conference is worse.

« Operation Sports Forums > Football > EA Sports College Football and NCAA Football »