Home

Explain the Patches Please

This is a discussion on Explain the Patches Please within the EA Sports College Football and NCAA Football forums.

Go Back   Operation Sports Forums > Football > EA Sports College Football and NCAA Football
MLB The Show 24 Review: Another Solid Hit for the Series
New Star GP Review: Old-School Arcade Fun
Where Are Our College Basketball Video Game Rumors?

Old 12-25-2010, 09:27 PM   #17
Rookie

OVR: 1
Re: Explain the Patches Please

I've done this as well, the biggest problem is you lose the degenerating uniforms (dirt, stains, ect). However, if thats not a big deal, may be the only setback I've encountered so far.
Old 12-26-2010, 12:38 AM   #18
Hall Of Fame

l3ulvl's Arena

OVR: 26

Quote:
Originally Posted by dsmi155
I've done this as well, the biggest problem is you lose the degenerating uniforms (dirt, stains, ect). However, if thats not a big deal, may be the only setback I've encountered so far.
Does the pump fake glitch exist without patches? Also, the field goal attempts caught off the upright giving possession back to the kicking team?
Old 12-26-2010, 09:56 AM   #19
MVP

jbrew2411's Arena

OVR: 13

Quote:
Originally Posted by l3ulvl
Does the pump fake glitch exist without patches? Also, the field goal attempts caught off the upright giving possession back to the kicking team?
Since I only play offline, human vs cpu dynasty I don't have to worry about the pump fake glitch. As for the field goal issue I have only seen it happen once in 2 season. It happened in the 2nd game of year one.

If you are worried about the lack of dirty uniforms and that is a game breaker then you should keep the patches.

Since most people never played the game with a patch, one was released the day the game come out, they never experienced the game without patches. The first patch made the D-line become very aggressive. This made any play-action, option, and running become that much harder. Over time some areas were improved while others got worse.

I don't claim that I was the first to think of this. I am just a believer that it helps. I was at the point of trading the game in. I love NCAA football and have for years. This game was just dead. I hated to give the game away for just $24 in return. After reading a thread by Gotmadskillzson I decided to remove the patches. I played the game for 2 weeks or so before downloading the release day patch and loved the game. After playing 10 quick games I like what I saw and decided to get into a dynasty. I have a lot of time on my hands from now until the summer. The private school I was teaching and coaching at laid-off over 75% of the faculty and staff and is set to close at school years end. So I needed something to pass my time and looks like NCAA 11 will be that until I start my new job in June.

If you sound like you are at the same point I was with the game it is worth a shot.

*This is only for Human vs CPU, offline play. You have to have the patches for online play. The patches and tuners are 2 different files so you can keep one and not the other.*
Old 12-27-2010, 12:25 PM   #20
Rookie

Wootheel221068's Arena

OVR: 2

On the PS3 I need to leave the the tuning update alone that is in the SAVED DATA UTILITY section .. Correct?? Just delete the patches out of the Game Data Utility??
Old 12-27-2010, 02:06 PM   #21
Rookie

ranger6354's Arena

OVR: 0

Quote:
Originally Posted by Wootheel221068
On the PS3 I need to leave the the tuning update alone that is in the SAVED DATA UTILITY section .. Correct?? Just delete the patches out of the Game Data Utility??
Yes, leave the tuner in the Saved Data Utility.
Delete the patch from the Game Data Utility. Then when you start the game, it will prompt you to update. Cancel that and you'll be logged off PSN, but will be playing the game.

PSN - Soonerfan94
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 12-27-2010, 03:59 PM   #22
Rookie

Wootheel221068's Arena

OVR: 2

And a lot of people like playing the game better without the patches??
Old 12-27-2010, 04:25 PM   #23
Rookie

ranger6354's Arena

OVR: 0

Try it out man. It's personal pref. If you dig it after a couple games, then keep it without a patch. If you don't like it, then just download the patch when you start the game.

PSN - Soonerfan94

« Operation Sports Forums > Football > EA Sports College Football and NCAA Football »