Home

Dynasty Traditions?

This is a discussion on Dynasty Traditions? within the EA Sports College Football and NCAA Football forums.

Go Back   Operation Sports Forums > Football > EA Sports College Football and NCAA Football
MLB The Show 24 Review: Another Solid Hit for the Series
New Star GP Review: Old-School Arcade Fun
Where Are Our College Basketball Video Game Rumors?

Old 01-08-2011, 04:36 PM   #41
Rookie

Razorbacker's Arena

OVR: 4
Re: Dynasty Traditions?

I only like bigger WRs (6-4 or taller) to wear numbers in the 80s. Really short WRs wear single digits.

My offensive tackles wear numbers in the 70s, guards wear 60s, and centers wear 50s.

My OLBs never wear 50s... those are reserved for a big MLBs. Don't know why, but I usually save No. 49 for a LB.
My NCAA Football online forum lineage goes back to DaBirk and the ORIGINAL NCAA Strategies. I've been playing football video games since the Atari 400 -- in other words, probably before YOU WERE BORN! I am old-school.
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 01-08-2011, 04:50 PM   #42
Rookie

OVR: 0

I give #37 to my best DB usually. No reason though.
Old 01-11-2011, 09:34 PM   #43
Rookie

OVR: 3

My tradition revolves around avoiding numbers actually.

#15 is off limits all most always for a QB. #20 is off limits all most always for a WR or RB. Too much pressure for them to be the next T. Fraz or Johnny the Jet.

Rarely if they are super stud 5 star #1 at their position very highly rated they might get the honor of one of those numbers.

Might have to start doing that with #93 for Suh now.

edit: have to be a damn good RB to get #30 too.
Old 01-11-2011, 10:41 PM   #44
MVP

WizKhid's Arena

OVR: 10

My Traditions are

1. My Center have to has one hand with a tape combo and another with the glove ( Don't ask why lol )

2. Since i like physical receiver that can go up, that what i usually recruit and if i can find that stud receiver i will always give them #32 and for my Speed guy i give them #15

3. My Top RB who proves themselves thru their Freshman and Sophomore Years usually wears #21

4. Always gives my QB # 8

5. Give my Top Corner #1 with one arm in a white sleeve and the other in the TC sleeve. I give my Lb #50-60 along with my Linemen .

Miami Hurricanes|Houston Texans|Sacramento Kings
Old 01-12-2011, 09:11 AM   #45
Pro

fcboiler87's Arena

OVR: 5

If it is a week where I have recruits visiting, my team will either go "black out" or "blue out" just depending on what I feel like doing. I usually alternate. That way, it seems like there is some kind of big event for the recruits to see the passion of my school (created team).

I got a big time recruit in building this team and he single-handedly helped me get going. His number was 21 and after he graduated, I will not let anyone have his jersey. You could say #21 has been retired.

My best skill guys get the single digit and teen numbers. My linebackers typically get a 20-49 type number and have huge shoulder pads and a restrictor black neck pad so they all look HUGE.

I've also been saving draft classes for Madden just to see how my guys do in the NFL.
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 01-12-2011, 10:37 AM   #46
The Print Guy

65South's Arena

OVR: 23

Awesome thread. I love seeing all the traditions and little nuances that people do to make the game theirs. Shows me I'm not alone in my NCAA fandom.

No major traditions, but I do like to make sure all my HBs are numbered in the 20s. FBs get high 40s with 49 usually reserved for the top FB.

If I get that big, dominant DT he will get #99. My two best rush ends will wear #93 and #98.

PSN: Sixty5South
Old 01-12-2011, 10:41 AM   #47
Burrow Club

Watson's Arena

OVR: 49

Forgot one thing. I retired #14 (Y.A Tittle)

@AdamdotH
Old 01-12-2011, 03:38 PM   #48
Rookie

CenTechsan's Arena

OVR: 2

I started doing this several years ago and it really adds to my dynasty. It also helps me get a good feel for areas of recruiting need.

Regardless of whether they redshirt or not...

freshman...no sleeves
sophs.....black sleeves
juniors.....TC sleeves
seniors.....white sleeves.

We have a special ceremony and all and it's a big deal when the seniors earn their "whites." It takes a while to set up the first time, but then every year it's just a matter of moving everything over one. Once you get in a routine, you can knock out the entire roster in about 10 minutes.

I'm a nerd, but I also get a kick out of taking sleeves off of the recruits that come in with sleeves. "Oh no you don't! You gotta earn that!"

« Operation Sports Forums > Football > EA Sports College Football and NCAA Football »