Home

Heisman difficulty

This is a discussion on Heisman difficulty within the EA Sports College Football and NCAA Football forums.

Go Back   Operation Sports Forums > Football > EA Sports College Football and NCAA Football
MLB The Show 24 Review: Another Solid Hit for the Series
New Star GP Review: Old-School Arcade Fun
Where Are Our College Basketball Video Game Rumors?

Old 12-25-2010, 02:29 PM   #1
BOOM!

gerg1234's Arena

OVR: 15
Heisman difficulty

How do you guys do it??? AA is way too easy, but I can't stand the cheese the CPU does on Heisman. I just played a game against Ark St. with Toledo....QB rolls out to the right, throws off his back foot to a guy in triple coverage on the FAR LEFT SIDE OF THE FIELD.....of course on 3rd and 8....the WR jumps over all three defenders, makes the catch, proceeds to bounce off all three defenders and takes it for the score.

It just drives me crazy seeing the crap that happens on Heisman difficulty....I understand they are trying to make the game difficult....but give me a break.

Ok, rant over.
San Francisco Giants
Chicago Blackhawks
MLS: Portland Timbers
EPL: Liverpool FC
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 12-25-2010, 03:29 PM   #2
Pro

mWolfe's Arena

OVR: 7
Re: Heisman difficulty

Quote:
Originally Posted by gerg1234
How do you guys do it??? AA is way too easy, but I can't stand the cheese the CPU does on Heisman. I just played a game against Ark St. with Toledo....QB rolls out to the right, throws off his back foot to a guy in triple coverage on the FAR LEFT SIDE OF THE FIELD.....of course on 3rd and 8....the WR jumps over all three defenders, makes the catch, proceeds to bounce off all three defenders and takes it for the score.

It just drives me crazy seeing the crap that happens on Heisman difficulty....I understand they are trying to make the game difficult....but give me a break.

Ok, rant over.
How do you have your sliders set. I know that it has its cheese moments at times but I can look past them becuase for me they don't happen that often in the sliders set I use, but in the end it is always going to be how welll you can read both the offense and defense the CPU is in
Old 12-25-2010, 03:41 PM   #3
Hall Of Fame

l3ulvl's Arena

OVR: 26

Yeah to eliminate those "COME ON!" moments I play on Varsity with the sliders slanted heavily in favor of the CPU. I suggest taking a look at Playmakers sliders, a lot of people refuse Varsity because they assume it's just too easy, but slanted sliders can really change that.
Old 12-26-2010, 11:19 PM   #4
Hall Of Fame

Tovarich's Arena

OVR: 26

There is no better test of patience in life than playing on Heisman with default sliders. The absurd things they pull on 3rd down can be quite comical sometimes. I like the challenge. It's unfortunate that the makers of the game are still unable to make the CPU play smarter on Heisman rather than simply cheating when it wants to win, but that's the way it is. Not only that, the CPU on Varsity and AA actually plays very smart, intelligent football with long drives and well thought out play calling. Instead of making Heisman smart, they chose to make it as dumb as humanly imaginable and they just make up for it by cheating. I'd hope some day they change this logic, but this has always been the case, so I don't expect it to change, because this is just simply their opinion of how it should work and are likely unwilling to change their mind.
Old 12-28-2010, 11:09 AM   #5
Rookie

OVR: 5

I got a wonderful CPU on Heisman story from just last night. I'm playing a ridiculously stacked Michigan team. They're stacked because the guy in our OD recruited like a champ and has since quit. They ran No-Huddle the whole game which I hate with a passion. However, first drive of the game, I stop them inside the 3 on 3rd down and they proceed to No-Huddle go for it on 4th. Fantastic. I hit the QB as he's throwing the ball, but, instead of incomplete as it's usually called, it's a fumble forward into the endzone and an O-Lineman jumps on it for the TD. OMFG! What the heck just happened to me!? I had a buddy watching me play. He was shaking his head and I just kept saying, "I'm so effed in this game. I'm so effed in this game." I lost 35-28. I'm still a little ticked. Granted, I made too many mistakes myself. But that was still unbelievable. Anywhere else on the field and that's an incomplete pass. I mean, IT WENT FORWARD INTO THE ENDZONE! Oh well, I took my loss like a man, b****ing and moaning the whole time. LOL!
Visit my Arena: www.operationsports.com/iamironman84/
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 12-28-2010, 04:12 PM   #6
Pro

kirkangil's Arena

Unfortunately its the ony way i can get a challenge because i dont like toying with the sliders.

With sliders i feel like if i win it was because of the sliders and if i lose it was because of the sliders so i just leave them at default.

But man i holler all day at the tv because of the insane cheese robo qb and the superbacks on d.

But oh well been dealing with it for over 10 years now it'll never change.
Old 12-28-2010, 05:24 PM   #7
Pro

Quote:
Originally Posted by kirkangil
Unfortunately its the ony way i can get a challenge because i dont like toying with the sliders.

With sliders i feel like if i win it was because of the sliders and if i lose it was because of the sliders so i just leave them at default.

But man i holler all day at the tv because of the insane cheese robo qb and the superbacks on d.

But oh well been dealing with it for over 10 years now it'll never change.
im the same exact way as you when it comes to sliders...i havent touched the sliders since madden 2005 on PS2, except for the penalty sliders
Old 12-29-2010, 05:54 AM   #8
Glory to the Brave!

Guffers's Arena

OVR: 16

Playmaker's sliders are well worth a look guys. He researches them extensively and I find them to be extremely challenging without being cheap. It would take you 5 minutes to input them.

« Operation Sports Forums > Football > EA Sports College Football and NCAA Football »