Home

After 10 Dynasty Seasons....

This is a discussion on After 10 Dynasty Seasons.... within the EA Sports College Football and NCAA Football forums.

Go Back   Operation Sports Forums > Football > EA Sports College Football and NCAA Football
MLB The Show 24 Review: Another Solid Hit for the Series
New Star GP Review: Old-School Arcade Fun
Where Are Our College Basketball Video Game Rumors?

Old 01-01-2011, 05:24 PM   #9
Pro

Pielet's Arena

OVR: 12
Re: After 10 Dynasty Seasons....

Quote:
Originally Posted by RavensFan2k3
what was the speed of the returner and whats your speed threshold?
Actually I think Acceleration is more key than Speed on returns, especially punt returns.
Old 01-01-2011, 06:11 PM   #10
Banned

OVR: 0

At first I felt that kick return & punt return touchdowns were impossible. Since then, I have had some success.. in fact just now with Wyoming I returned a kickoff for a TD vs North Texas with my backup MLB- converted HB (89 speed). I ran straight up the middle of the field and there was a huge mob of defenders and blockers, I turned and juked to the right and made 1 man miss and once I got to the outside I outran everyone down the sideline for the TD.

I have also ran 1 for a TD in an online game with Georgia, and another with Wyoming. Also I ran one back to about the opponents 20 yard line once with Wyoming too.

It seems I either get out to barely the 20, or run for a TD. There is no in between, no returns to midfield or out to the 40. Its just make or break.

With punt returns however, I continue to struggle. I have had returners with 95 speed who can't get past the first wave of defenders. It's like if you can manage to get by the first 2 defenders then you run for about 10 yards and all the sudden your completely surrounded! I have never even come close to running a punt return for a touchdown. In years passed I was able to get punt return touchdowns all the time, and I have enjoyed the challenge that this game has given, rather then cheesy punt return touchdowns all the time that ruined games in the past.

I think the punt and kick returning has greatly improved, its challenging.. but its just too challenging. The amount and frequency of kick return TD's seems right, but punt returning is just near impossible, and I feel if EA improved the blocking on returns then it would be much better all around.

EDIT: just now, I'm down 24-21 against North Texas with 5minutes to go in the 4th and I just returned a punt return 47 yards down to NT's 20 yard line, what a huge play! I ran to the right, then broke a tackle and cut ALL the way to the left, running perpendicular to the sideline, until finally 1 guy made a nice block and I cut upfield. I had a TD, but the punter missed a tackle on me which slowed me down, and a guy knocked me out of bounds. ****! Oh, and I just scored to take the lead 28-24 hehe

Last edited by BleedingGreen710; 01-01-2011 at 06:20 PM.
Old 01-01-2011, 07:29 PM   #11
Rookie

RjTheMetalhead's Arena

OVR: 1

Quote:
Originally Posted by BleedingGreen710
It seems I either get out to barely the 20, or run for a TD. There is no in between, no returns to midfield or out to the 40. Its just make or break.
This has been my experience.
The most I have had in one season was 2 with a WR who had 96 speed and 97 acc(Zero threshold)
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 01-05-2011, 10:30 AM   #12
MVP

CuseGirl's Arena

OVR: 7

Well, in the games defense, for the first 8 seasons, I didn't have a real set of sliders/settings. I'm using the Varsity-Slow-speed sliders by....I think Playmakers, right? The threshold is at 25. The running game feels good, altho I feel like it makes mediocre teams very good and really handcuffs my team which is beastmode.

But it just seems like when I turn on ESPN on the weekend, every week somebody is blazing down the sideline. Heck, my Buckeyes seemed to give up a TD return every other week, totally ruined the season.

I'm gonna start running practice mode, to see if I'm not reading the holes right.
Old 01-05-2011, 07:04 PM   #13
MVP

Roggie's Arena

OVR: 17

I just ran a punt back last night. Playmaker's sliders (non-slow speed). Beat the first two blockers, put a spin move on the massive group and outran the punter. Was against army, but I'm using a cupcake team from teambuilder.

I run a punt back about every 5 seasons. I'd put it at more luck than skill, because it's all about the spin move or juke move but then not having a guy break out and get you.
Chicago Bulls
Detroit Tigers
Detroit Red Wings
Detroit Lions

Old 01-05-2011, 09:50 PM   #14
Rookie

OVR: 0

I'm in my 10th Dynasty season as well, using Playmaker's varsity sliders.

I've taken two punts and one kick back in that time. On my first punt return going for 6, I saw the yellow FLAG come out when I was on the 15 going in. I was so pissed.
Old 01-05-2011, 10:07 PM   #15
We Here

Hassan Darkside's Arena

OVR: 34

I've done it countless times, over 15 I'm sure, but I have to have a player with high speed, high acceleration, and high elusiveness. I definitely utilize the cutback.

Well I was gonna post a clip from my OD but they don't go back that far, I haven't done it in 2 seasons now.
Royce da 5'9"

Quote:
Originally Posted by DCAllAmerican
How many brothers fell victim to the skeet.........
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 01-05-2011, 10:48 PM   #16
Hall Of Fame

l3ulvl's Arena

OVR: 26

Quote:
Originally Posted by CuseGirl
Well, in the games defense, for the first 8 seasons, I didn't have a real set of sliders/settings. I'm using the Varsity-Slow-speed sliders by....I think Playmakers, right? The threshold is at 25. The running game feels good, altho I feel like it makes mediocre teams very good and really handcuffs my team which is beastmode.

But it just seems like when I turn on ESPN on the weekend, every week somebody is blazing down the sideline. Heck, my Buckeyes seemed to give up a TD return every other week, totally ruined the season.

I'm gonna start running practice mode, to see if I'm not reading the holes right.
I use Playmakers' sliders, too. My first 3 years the only return TD I had was from running into the pile, getting really lucky, and breaking free from a gang tackle. Just messing around I changed the game speed to fast and had a punt return TD and a kick return TD in the same game. It was kinda fluke-ish though, since I've only had 1 return TD since, but my overall average is better.

I'm surprised so many people like the slow speed, fast speed for me allows for more authentic "random" big plays due to change of direction in open field. Ordinarily the only way to get past a defender is with some sort of move, whether it's a juke or spin or truck, but ever since I made the switch to Fast I can actually use a poor defenders momentum against them.

« Operation Sports Forums > Football > EA Sports College Football and NCAA Football »