Home

Receiver Hot Routes

This is a discussion on Receiver Hot Routes within the EA Sports College Football and NCAA Football forums.

Go Back   Operation Sports Forums > Football > EA Sports College Football and NCAA Football
Replicating the Playoffs Experience in NBA 2K24
TopSpin 2K25 Review - A Winning Return for the Series
Out Of The Park Baseball 25 Review: An Impressively Deep Managerial Experience

Old 01-04-2011, 08:48 AM   #1
Rookie

PDuncanOSU's Arena

OVR: 1
Receiver Hot Routes

I was playing an online dynasty game last night, but against the cpu. I don't remember the name of the formation, but it is from the pistol with 3 wide receivers (2 on the left and one on the right), the fullback lined up next to the qb, and an hb behind the qb. I attempted to hot route my slot receiver into the flat (using ps3, triangle to hot route, L1 I believe it was for that receiver, then down on the right stick for the flat route) but instead of going to the flat, the route had the receiver running a drag route across the field as if he were going to the flat on the opposite side of the field. Has anyone else had this happen? Is there any way to fix this? Thanks for the help.
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 01-04-2011, 10:23 AM   #2
Pro

OVR: 5
Re: Receiver Hot Routes

Down on the right stick is a drag route. Down on the left stick is a curl. Use left/right on the left stick for an out route if you want the receiver runnign to the flat
Old 01-05-2011, 10:26 AM   #3
Rookie

cOWASs68's Arena

OVR: 3
Re: Receiver Hot Routes

You can have them run straight to the flat depending on what side they're on when you call the hot route (in attempt to cheat the system a little bit). If you're running a hurry-up offense and your WR who is supposed to be lined up in the slot on the left side...is on the RIGHT side of the field as he's trying to get back to the line of scrimmage on the left side...it will be a reverse drag (because he's on that side of the field), which is the route you're looking for. The same result can be achieved if you motion a WR to the other side, then back to the side he's supposed to be on.

I don't really use this, but have accidentally come across it while running the hurry up. It can be effective if the right D is called though. Use at your own discretion! haha

« Operation Sports Forums > Football > EA Sports College Football and NCAA Football »