Home

Thoughts for NCAA 12

This is a discussion on Thoughts for NCAA 12 within the EA Sports College Football and NCAA Football forums.

Go Back   Operation Sports Forums > Football > EA Sports College Football and NCAA Football
MLB The Show 24 Review: Another Solid Hit for the Series
New Star GP Review: Old-School Arcade Fun
Where Are Our College Basketball Video Game Rumors?

Old 01-06-2011, 06:50 PM   #9
Rookie

OVR: 3
Re: Thoughts for NCAA 12

Quote:
Originally Posted by Isura
I agree the passing game needs a complete overhaul. It's too arcady right now. The pocket doesn't develop properly, there's no concept of passing lanes in the game, and better control of pass trajectory and direction is needed.
Bingo!!! Trajectory of passes in this game is terrible. Even Brett Favre at his best had some arc on his passes 20-30 yards downfield. QB arm power should affect ball speed coming out and how fast that 25 yard out pattern pass gets there, not just how far can he chuck it downfield.

Might actually want to recruit a pocket passer is this were the case.
Old 01-06-2011, 07:05 PM   #10
Rookie

OVR: 19

Good post.

Agree
Old 01-06-2011, 08:45 PM   #11
Rookie

cmcghs's Arena

OVR: 6

Neutral sites. Such as Yankee Stadium, and Wrigley Field.
NHL: Dallas Stars
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 01-06-2011, 08:49 PM   #12
Live your life

Gotmadskillzson's Arena

OVR: 49

Quote:
Another idea popped into my head after routing my friend in FIFA, more control over celebrations.
  • The variety in NCAA 11 is depressing. Even in Madden it is very limited and often random what the player does after scoring. Players do a lot of interesting dances, arm waves and running celebrations after scores. Why can't we see this in the game? Its relatively simple to implement.
  • Just as in FIFA there can be three ways to celebrate. Running celebrations with arm waves and such, than using combination's of LT and LB with the X, A, B, Y and moving the joystick in certain directions each executes a unique celebration. Scoring a goal in FIFA feels so much more rewarding than even breaking a beautiful TD run, being able to than use a unique detailed celebration makes it all that much better.
  • This could be further used to include personal foul penalties for excessive celebrations. It can't be called every time, but if someone goes off and runs the width of the endzone, raising the ball than proceeds to spike it (or anything blatantly excessive of that nature) it could add a fun twist to the game....thoughts?

This will never happen because of the rules of the real life game of NCAA and NFL. The sanctioning body of the respective leagues won't allow them to have it in a LICENSED game. Which is why it has been taken out for the past 5 or 6 years now.

FIFA can get away with it because in their sport it is legal to celebrate.
Old 01-06-2011, 09:03 PM   #13
Rookie

ZWVols11's Arena

OVR: 1

I'm not sure how it would be possible but I'd like to see some recruits base their decision for their school on other recruits' decisions. Like if a stud QB commits somewhere it would have some pull with other offensive players or if two kids are from the same hometown/high school it might help get one if you got the other. Recruiting like that could greatly effect small schools and it would add some more depth to Dynasty mode
Old 01-06-2011, 09:37 PM   #14
Live your life

Gotmadskillzson's Arena

OVR: 49

I also am not a fan of short, medium and deep pass accuracy. Why ? Because in reality it means NOTHING. Don't effect game play what so ever. Madden had this for about 3 years now and it means nothing. You can put it at 0 for all 3 and still have a high completion % in all 3 categories.

Same thing with their throw on the run rating. It means nothing game play wise. You can put it 0 or put it at 100 and still get the same results.

Far as lob and bullet passes, that definitely needs to be over hauled. The trajectory is all wrong. All the passes in this game come out flat, which is why they get batted down by lineman and LB's too often.

Lobs should have way more of an arc but also shouldn't move across the air so damn slow either. I remember back in the day, many years ago if you wanted to throw a deep pass you had to lob it up there. You simply couldn't bullet pass 50 yards down the field.

They need to go back to that way. There should be a pass limit of how far a bullet pass should go down the field. More ball physics is needed for NCAA 12. The way it is now, fade plays is useless because you can't lob it up there like they do in real life.

Lob passes move so slow in this game that the defender get into perfect position for the INT. Passes need more Lead Control. Where as if you running a fade or streak pattern, you can hit the WR in stride. Or you can put the ball on the outside or inside shoulder of the WR.

Way too often you throw deep and it is a jump ball because the WR stops running and turns around to the catch the ball. And still too often the defender swats away balls that they aren't even looking at. I mean if you going to swat my pass, turn your head facing the ball first.

CPU QB AI logic needs to be completely re-written, re-coded from the ground up. This is 2011, makes no sense for consoles that are as powerful as they are now and you still got lousy cpu QB AI. Especially when they had it done so well back on the PS2, 6 years ago.

And before somebody pulls that, "Well they didn't Denard Robinson and Cam Newton was going to be that way this year" card out of the back pocket, like somebody always does when this discussion is brought up.......That is NO EXECUSE.

Game of football has always had scrambling QBs. All they need is a simple check down logic and awareness logic programmed into their heads.

For Pocket Passers - Make them look for WR 1 through 4, if nobody is open, take off running for the 1st down.

For Balanced Passers - Make them look for WR 1, 2 and 3, if nobody is open, take off running for the 1st down.

For Scramblers - Make them look for WR 1 and 2, if they covered, take off running for as many yards as you can get. ALSO, if there is a wide open space in front of you, a little seam for you to run, take off and run.

Back in my programming days back in college a decade ago, it was called an IF nested loop. Where as the program did things in a certain order, if a parameter was triggered, it would bypass everything else and do that special command that you had a parameter trigger for.

In this case, the special command would be scramble for the 1st down or as many yards as you can get.

I mean this game and Madden really lacks exploitation programming. Where as the cpu would look at their team and look at your team, then they would exploit the match ups that they have the advantage in.

So if the cpu had a stud WR and your secondary was poor, they would go deep with him often because they had the advantage. Same thing with running, if they have a QB with blazing speed and your defense is bad at run defense, that QB should be running all over my defense along with their RB.

If the game played to their personnel strength, the game would be awesome. It is disappointing going against schools that have like a 6'4 all american WR with blazing speed and my fastest DB is 87 speed, 5'9, but yet the CPU rarely throws him the ball.

Or go against a QB with piss poor arm who tries to be a gun slinger, throwing for 50 attempts during the game. It is like WHY ?

Another thing they need to add is blocked punts and more punt fakes. In all my years of playing college football games, which goes back to Bill Walsh college football game, I NEVER EVER came close to having my punt blocked. And neither have I ever came close to blocking the cpu punt.

It is also a lack of blocked FG's and extra points too.
Old 01-06-2011, 10:13 PM   #15
Banned

Cre8's Arena

OVR: 9

I would love to see them bring back some of the suspensions and such that were in NCAA 06.
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 01-07-2011, 10:55 AM   #16
XB1 GT: Cubone Jones

Cubone_Jones's Arena

OVR: 6

I believe in an interview on The Gaming Tailgate, one of NCAA's developers said that they didn't necessarily have to have the NCAA approve everything that was in the game, but they wanted to.

I feel like after the absolutely horrible calls this year in regards to celebrations that this will be a little less exercised rule, but I do think this is a perfect time to impliment celebrations regardless. It adds so much to the game as you play, and as far as the snapshots that go with the game, it would make them so much better. If you display it in a realistic fashion, does the NCAA get upset? There are several celebrations that are considered legal, so why not include those? I'm sure EA could sneak in a few that get flagged as well (but look awesome). Why not?

The idea of running my 6'5 receiver to the goal posts after a score, holding on LB and flipping the right thumb stick up and dunking it gives me shivers. I would take a penalty for that every time.

« Operation Sports Forums > Football > EA Sports College Football and NCAA Football »