Home

Your thoughts: Personal Sportsmanship in online dynasties

This is a discussion on Your thoughts: Personal Sportsmanship in online dynasties within the EA Sports College Football and NCAA Football forums.

Go Back   Operation Sports Forums > Football > EA Sports College Football and NCAA Football
MLB The Show 24 Review: Another Solid Hit for the Series
New Star GP Review: Old-School Arcade Fun
Where Are Our College Basketball Video Game Rumors?

Old 01-07-2011, 01:35 PM   #17
Pro

OVR: 3
Re: Your thoughts: Personal Sportsmanship in online dynasties

Quote:
Originally Posted by DrAnguish
Alright Hazey let me play devil's advocate on your response... I agree that if the two players are of equal skill you may have to try unconventional tactics to get the upper hand... but what if its a clearly dominant player taking advantage of a lesser skilled guy in the league (and we're many seasons in, so its obvious who are and who arent the top dogs)... just running the score up for no reason... doing things clearly without regard for the other person, rubbing their nose in it once the game has clearly been decided, etc...

...in your opinion is there any difference?
Well, I think a team that does that doesn't have any respect for the game, or their opponents, and I would never play like that, but I do think that's just a part of sport. I don't think it's cheating or anything like that, it's just disrespectful.

I equate it to the top ranked basketball/football programs that are decimating teams by ridiculous margins, and some coaches have the argument that, "why i should have to teach my kids to play a different way then we want too just because the opponent's not good enough to even compete with us?" I can agree with that, and the majoirty of them use backup players. If a coach is going to continue to play his starters just to stat hog, then I just hope one of his impact players get hurt.
Old 01-07-2011, 02:40 PM   #18
Rookie

OVR: 2

Anyone care to post a copy / sample of their rules & guidelines they use for their league?
Old 01-07-2011, 05:09 PM   #19
Rookie

OVR: 8

My personal feeling is that if your league is made up of people who's connections are personal to you but they have personal playing styles, then you have a choice. Either make some hard and fast rules with real consequences, or make the rules/sportsmanship wide open and let people leave if they don't like it.

The best OD's I've been a part of on other games were due to the fact that people signed up and agreed to the rules and style of play up front. The Commish's have to be strong in enforcing rules but also in recruiting good (character) players. If there was a talent gap, it eventually leveled out as people became more accustomed to each other. Either that or the bad players (like me) didn't mind taking my lumps so long as we all had fun.
Old 01-07-2011, 06:09 PM   #20
Pro

Bullet Sponge's Arena

OVR: 7

Quote:
Originally Posted by DrAnguish
Anyone care to post a copy / sample of their rules & guidelines they use for their league?
Mine are here... Go to the "Dynasty Rules, Info, and Discussion" subforum there and click on the stickies for bylaws, house rules etc.

http://ncaafootballhq.com/forums/viewforum.php?f=6

« Operation Sports Forums > Football > EA Sports College Football and NCAA Football »