Home

You can make the CPU players play the way you want them to play

This is a discussion on You can make the CPU players play the way you want them to play within the EA Sports College Football and NCAA Football forums.

Go Back   Operation Sports Forums > Football > EA Sports College Football and NCAA Football
MLB The Show 24 Review: Another Solid Hit for the Series
New Star GP Review: Old-School Arcade Fun
Where Are Our College Basketball Video Game Rumors?

Old 01-18-2011, 09:27 AM   #73
All Star

crques's Arena

OVR: 36
Re: You can make the CPU players play the way you want them to play

Quote:
Originally Posted by BlastX21
Alright, so I've played with these rosters for 3 games using relatively even teams.

The good:

1. I have only seen 1 linebacker or DL tip since the download. And that was the CPU that got tipped. Amazing. However, my three games have been using pro style offenses which focus more on outside throws. I'm about to go with Texas Tech and throw some stuff over the middle and see what happens. Still, good so far.

2. CPU QB's passing efficiency is more realistic. When I get pressure the cpu is less prone to automatically find an open receiver and throw a perfect strike while being sacked. I'm also seeing less drives where the CPU decides its going to be unstoppable. Cam Newton lead a 70 yard TD drive but had 4 incompletions along the way. Very good.

3. Dual threats reflected in sim games. I simmed Stanford vs Auburn. Cam Newton had 12 rushes for 95 yards. Darron Thomas had 68 yards vs Oregon State.

The bad:

CPU doesnt scramble at all in-game. I played as Stanford against Auburn. Cam Newton had 2 rushes. Both sacks. Darron Thomas had 0 rushes in an actual game.

Still, good improvements. I'll be back with more feedback later.
I've played 2 games with these sliders & rosters and have had similar experiences. The first game I played was Louisville (Me) at Michigan (Cpu). I won 17-13 in a game that was fun to play. I was 17-32 passing for 285 yards, while Michigan was 19-38 for 250 yards. I also had 85 yards rushing on 25 carries, and Michigan had 125 rushing yards on 20 carries. The only problem I had with the game was Denard Robinson finished with 7 carries for 18 yards. He could have had several more yards had he ran more. There were quite a few times that he stayed in the pocket too long and then fired and incomplete pass instead of running when he had open lanes.

The 2nd game was WVU (Me) at Auburn (Cpu). I lost 31-27 in another fun game. Newton led a late 4th quarter drive resulting in the game-winning TD with about 45 seconds to go. I threw a pick on my final possession at Auburn's 30 yard line with 10 seconds left. I was 22-38 passing for 300 yards, and rushed 25 times for 140 yards, including a 65 yard TD run by Devine early in the 4th quarter. Auburn was 20-34 passing for 270 yards, and they rushed 21 times for 200 yards. As in the 1st game, the only disappointment was the Cpu's lack of QB rushing. Newton had 5 carries for 30 yards. Only 1 of those carries came in the 2nd half though and that was on the game-winning drive when he had a 15 yarder after I flushed him out of the pocket.

These sliders work pretty good and definitely made the game more enjoyable for me. The Cpu actually throws incomplete passes when he's being pressured and also is off target occasionally when guys are open. I just wish QBs played more like their real life counterparts. If EA Sports could incorporate that, this game would be great. Next year's game needs a QB run tendency slider or something like that.

Last edited by crques; 01-18-2011 at 09:32 AM.
Old 01-18-2011, 05:27 PM   #74
MVP

BlastX21's Arena

OVR: 16

More impressions.

Even after throwing it 50 times with heavy emphasis on throwing over the middle, and playing some games with spread teams, linebacker tips were still extremely rare. Out of 50 attempts I got 3 swats total. Throwing curls on the outside with defenders beneath is the only thing that has consistently been risky.

CPU run game is tough to stop. Havent played against spread option yet, but I was struggling to contain Boom Herron and Roy Helu, which is how it should be.

I will point out that there are some very questionable ratings with these rosters. Andrew Luck has 84 Throw Accuracy. His backup has 88. Nick Fairley also only has 84 Strength.

Still, good stuff in general.
Old 01-18-2011, 07:00 PM   #75
Live your life

Gotmadskillzson's Arena

OVR: 49

Yeah I did that tone down the amount of plays that get blown up in the backfield. With default rating, Fairley was breaking up way too many running plays in the backfield. It wasn't even a contest, he was literally tossing centers and guards to the ground.

Far as the QBs, I had to lower their accuracy for dynasty purposes. At the end of the season guys with accuracy in the high 80s and above were throwing for over 5000 yards, 40 plus TDs, but yet only 4 INTs or less.

In real life this season it was only 1 or 2 QBs that passed for over 5,000 yards. Most QBs in real life this season was in the 3,000 to 4,000 yard range. So I did it to keep it in line with real life stats that they did this season.

By default rosters you would end up with a dozen QBs passing for over 5,000 yards and everybody else for over 4,000 with very few INTs.
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 01-18-2011, 07:36 PM   #76
MVP

Palo20's Arena

OVR: 21
Quote:
Originally Posted by Gotmadskillzson
Yeah I did that tone down the amount of plays that get blown up in the backfield. With default rating, Fairley was breaking up way too many running plays in the backfield. It wasn't even a contest, he was literally tossing centers and guards to the ground.

Far as the QBs, I had to lower their accuracy for dynasty purposes. At the end of the season guys with accuracy in the high 80s and above were throwing for over 5000 yards, 40 plus TDs, but yet only 4 INTs or less.

In real life this season it was only 1 or 2 QBs that passed for over 5,000 yards. Most QBs in real life this season was in the 3,000 to 4,000 yard range. So I did it to keep it in line with real life stats that they did this season.

By default rosters you would end up with a dozen QBs passing for over 5,000 yards and everybody else for over 4,000 with very few INTs.
I think lowering awareness would have a much larger effect on the passing stats than THA would.
Old 01-18-2011, 07:58 PM   #77
Live your life

Gotmadskillzson's Arena

Lowering awareness will lower over all passing yards yes, but not the amount of Interceptions. So therefore I lowered both. I gave only a few QBs an 85 awareness ratings, maybe a dozen 82 awareness, everybody else between 75 and 80.

Looks weird, but the game and stats wise worked out better that way. I mean these are college kids after all, so they should throw their fair share of interceptions during the season.

I remember one time on default rosters, SMU QB threw for 70 TDs and only 1 interception. From that day I told myself these default rosters are BS. Not even Tom Brady or Peyton Manning can do that in the pros.
Old 01-19-2011, 03:41 PM   #78
Hall Of Fame

Playmakers's Arena

OVR: 40

I'm not sure if lowering Awareness and Accuarcy is really the primary reason why they don't take off and scramble more

For example I have quite a few legendary college QB's that operate with a high awareness and accuarcy and they still tend to scramble and move around in the pocket

One example of this is John Elway he's only 74 speed and 74 Acceleration on my roster file. His Ball carrier vision rating is only 64 with Elusiveness at 60

His Awareness is 95 and Accuarcy 91.....The defenders i create are still smart with very high Play Recognition because I don't think Ray Lewis or Dick Butkus types should be penalized on the field by making them slow to react to the run

But this is Elway taking off after no one got open

So i think some of it is basically the way EA coded the game for scramblers but also playbooks might also play a small role in QB's running at times. But i've been getting pretty good results out guys like Vince Young, Tommie Frazier and Steve Young.....then i have seen lower rated speed QB's like Elway tuck and run on occasions aswell

I've been curious to lower Play Recognition like Gotmadskillzson has pointed out......but I kinda like the legendary defenders that i create to be very smart and make it challenging to move the ball on them during a game

Follow some the Greatest College Football players of All Time in NCAA Football 14
Old 01-19-2011, 05:55 PM   #79
Live your life

Gotmadskillzson's Arena

Accuracy no.......that really don't matter far as them scrambling. But it does matter over the course of a season how many interceptions they will throw. Every QB I seen that had accuracy above 84 only threw a handful full of interceptions but threw a TON of TDs. That always irked seeing QBs throwing 40 plus TDs but only 3 or 4 interceptions......So I had to lower that accuracy for my sanity LOL.

But anyway this is how I am going to roll, no PATCHES. I did this 2 days ago, using the same rosters I edited. QBs scramble a lot with no patches if you edited the rosters.

Blocking down the field is way better too, hell damn near everythng in the game plays better with no patches. The safeties don't cheat in the backfield. Over all the whole acceleration of the defense is slower, they don't cover yardage as fast. That bull rush isn't as powerful.

Bubble screens, WR screens and HB screens actually work because the CB plays the QB instead and leave the screen guy open. Also WRs block way down the field, hell the whole length of the field. Even the linemen will block for you up to about 25 yards down the field.

I mean had the SMU QB scramble on me 5 times on passing plays in a single game. They all tend to scramble when it actually suits them to scramble without the patches. Leave too much of an opening up the middle and they will take off. Let it be 3rd down or they simply losing the game, they will look to take off more often.

Get within 15 yards of the goal line and they will try to run it in themselves. So that 1st day release patch they did TOTALLY KILLED the cpu QB scramble logic. And every patch after that broke it more and more.

Precision passes seem to be more responsive with no patches as well. I actually was throwing passes into the dirt for pressing down too hard. Then just to have the WR look at me like he was saying WTF are you doing ?

Even with cpu QB accuracy slider at 50 I was seeing over throws, wide throws and under throws by the cpu QB. CPU RBs were BEASTING.

The downsides of no patch is the following:

No dirty uniforms
No dynasty progression
No online play since it automatically signs you out of Xbox Live

But I must say for all who downloaded the re-rated rosters, delete the patch and try it out for a couple of games. It is a night and day difference between no patch and after patches.
Old 10-10-2012, 09:04 AM   #80
Rookie

OVR: 0
How so? Gotmadskillzson how is madden more easy to edit. How to get speed backs to play like themselves?

« Operation Sports Forums > Football > EA Sports College Football and NCAA Football »