Home

Redshirting top recruits

This is a discussion on Redshirting top recruits within the EA Sports College Football and NCAA Football forums.

Go Back   Operation Sports Forums > Football > EA Sports College Football and NCAA Football
MLB The Show 24 Review: Another Solid Hit for the Series
New Star GP Review: Old-School Arcade Fun
Where Are Our College Basketball Video Game Rumors?

Old 01-13-2011, 04:35 PM   #9
Rookie

OVR: 0
Re: Redshirting top recruits

Just pitching makes no difference, however if you promise early playing time, or no redshirt year. They might transfer for you breaking the promise.
Old 01-13-2011, 06:43 PM   #10
Rookie

JCHuskies's Arena

OVR: 1

Although, if you think about it, pitch interest should have an effect on whether or not they decide to transfer. If his interest in early playing time is A- or higher, and he's not getting playing time, he should want to transfer. I'm not saying that's the circumstance here, but the whole "early playing time" promise needs to be fixed, and player happiness would add to the realism.
Old 01-13-2011, 07:06 PM   #11
Fan of real schools

Hellisan's Arena

OVR: 19

Quote:
Originally Posted by JCHuskies
Although, if you think about it, pitch interest should have an effect on whether or not they decide to transfer. If his interest in early playing time is A- or higher, and he's not getting playing time, he should want to transfer. I'm not saying that's the circumstance here, but the whole "early playing time" promise needs to be fixed, and player happiness would add to the realism.
It would equate to a situation where you'd have to keep track of a bunch of things and add way too much time to the recruiting side. If they added some kind of email system where your assistant coach could bring to your attention that he needs to see the field or he would likely transfer, then maybe...
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 01-13-2011, 08:08 PM   #12
Rookie

UniversityofArizona's Arena

OVR: 3

i like the idea of pitch interest affecting player happiness however i feel like first ea has to really lock down how they count the number of snaps played and let people know what the cut off is for early playing time etc.
Old 01-25-2011, 02:12 PM   #13
Rookie

clemsonfan's Arena

OVR: 2

Quote:
Originally Posted by hazey
What't this transfer bug you are talking about for online dynasty? I am in my first ever OD just getting ready to wrap up my first season with my team builder, and when I recruit I don't ever make any promises. Will I still worry about this transfer bug, and what is it exactly?
The bug I speak of happens when you have unhappy players wanting to transfer out. If you try to talk them into staying, you get an error (something like dynasty not available, or try later). As soon as you skip that step, the dynasty will resume and you can advance to the next offseason step. You effectively cannot talk any unhappy players out of transferring.
Old 01-25-2011, 05:26 PM   #14

Deegeezy's Arena

OVR: 15

Quote:
Originally Posted by JCHuskies
I've always taken this to mean that the player likes your depth chart in regards to his chances to start. But if he doesn't, he won't be mad. He just thought your school gave him the best shot.

COACH GEEZY IN THE BIG EASY PART III: LEGACY | FROM BOURBON ST. TO THE BAYOU

« Operation Sports Forums > Football > EA Sports College Football and NCAA Football »