Home

Which NCAA Football game is the best?

This is a discussion on Which NCAA Football game is the best? within the EA Sports College Football and NCAA Football forums.

Go Back   Operation Sports Forums > Football > EA Sports College Football and NCAA Football
MLB The Show 24 Review: Another Solid Hit for the Series
New Star GP Review: Old-School Arcade Fun
Where Are Our College Basketball Video Game Rumors?
View Poll Results: What is your favorite Ncaa football game?
NCAA Football 11 70 66.67%
NCAA Football 10 8 7.62%
NCAA Football 09 4 3.81%
NCAA Football 08 1 0.95%
NCAA Football 07 7 6.67%
NCAA Football 06 30 28.57%
NCAA Football 05 9 8.57%
NCAA Football 04 14 13.33%
NCAA Football 03 7 6.67%
NCAA Football 02 1 0.95%
NCAA Football 01 2 1.90%
NCAA Football 00 3 2.86%
NCAA Football 99 4 3.81%
NCAA Football 98 2 1.90%
Multiple Choice Poll. Voters: 105. You may not vote on this poll

Old 01-20-2011, 05:40 PM   #25
MVP

OVR: 22
Re: Which NCAA Football game is the best?

Quote:
Originally Posted by Sausage
From NCAA 11's release date until the first patch dropped, it was hands down the best college football game ever; after the patch and tuner updates it faded way in the back.

For me it returned back to the xbox versions of NCAA 06 and 07.
What changed for the worse?
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 01-21-2011, 05:27 PM   #26
MVP

Mjphillips's Arena

OVR: 10

Definitely 11 but 02 was GREAT!!!!!!!!!!!!!
Old 01-21-2011, 05:56 PM   #27
Live your life

Gotmadskillzson's Arena

OVR: 49

Quote:
Originally Posted by DavonBrown
What changed for the worse?
The AI changed for the worse. They dumbed down the cpu offense and ramped up the cpu defense. After the patches, all defenders got a huge increase in acceleration to the point safeties and linebackers can get into the backfield a second after you hand the ball off. They also increased the block shedding for all DE's in the game. Made CB's cover screens too damn perfect.

Made the CPU QB not scramble, brought back robo QB, eliminated over throws, under throws by the CPU QB.

It is a totally different game from no patch to after all the patches they did. Game was great on up until the second patch. The 3 patches after that totally messed up the game, just to please the online crowd.

With no patch, game plays PERFECT on DEFAULT sliders.

One of these days they will learn not to tune things for online people and totally screw over offline people. There has to be a balance.
Old 01-21-2011, 10:56 PM   #28
MVP

OVR: 22

Quote:
Originally Posted by Gotmadskillzson
The AI changed for the worse. They dumbed down the cpu offense and ramped up the cpu defense. After the patches, all defenders got a huge increase in acceleration to the point safeties and linebackers can get into the backfield a second after you hand the ball off. They also increased the block shedding for all DE's in the game. Made CB's cover screens too damn perfect.

Made the CPU QB not scramble, brought back robo QB, eliminated over throws, under throws by the CPU QB.

It is a totally different game from no patch to after all the patches they did. Game was great on up until the second patch. The 3 patches after that totally messed up the game, just to please the online crowd.

With no patch, game plays PERFECT on DEFAULT sliders.

One of these days they will learn not to tune things for online people and totally screw over offline people. There has to be a balance.
I'm going to delete the patches and play a few games on default All-American. Has anyone else deleted the patches?

By the way, NCAA Football 06 is the best in my opinion.
Old 01-22-2011, 12:36 PM   #29
DJ
Hall Of Fame

DJ's Arena

OVR: 47

NCAA 11 is the best when you factor in the variety of playbooks, Custom Stadium Sounds, graphics, Online Dynasty (even though I don't play online) and just overall fun factor.

NCAA 04 was my favorite of the PS2-era games, with NCAA 06 coming in second.

I also have to agree with Weeman on his shout-out to the 16-bit era. I loved that game on the Genesis back in the day.
EA Sports PGA Tour (PS5)
PGA Tour 2K23 (PS5)
Super Mario Bros. Wonder (Switch)
Old 01-22-2011, 01:51 PM   #30
MVP

GJEM's Arena

OVR: 12

Quote:
Originally Posted by DavonBrown
I'm going to delete the patches and play a few games on default All-American. Has anyone else deleted the patches?

By the way, NCAA Football 06 is the best in my opinion.
Here's a link to a thread dedicated to this subject.
http://www.operationsports.com/forum...t-sliders.html

Old 01-22-2011, 02:27 PM   #31
Rookie

blkprince04's Arena

OVR: 6
Icon14 Re: Which NCAA Football game is the best?

without a doubt ncaa 11!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! thinks ncaa12 is going to be off the hook, i'm so looking forward to ncaa12............

Last edited by blkprince04; 01-22-2011 at 02:32 PM.
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 01-22-2011, 05:10 PM   #32
Pro

Bullet Sponge's Arena

OVR: 7

Quote:
Originally Posted by blkprince04
without a doubt ncaa 11!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! thinks ncaa12 is going to be off the hook, i'm so looking forward to ncaa12............
You wouldn't say "without a doubt" if you played the last gen NCAA games. I fully agree that NCAA11 is the best on current gen, and a great game, but if you go back and play NCAA 06/07/08 on the XBox (or PS2) you'll be amazed at how many features those games have that are not on XBox 360/PS3.

Last gen had all the FCS teams, better announcing (with an extra announcers, more context sensitive things said, less blatantly generic/wrong things said), custom playbooks, better BCS ranking logic, unlimited team replacement (you could build a whole keague of FCS or created teams), better running QBs, better presentation, pre/post/ingame analysis with stats on screen, no bizarre recruiting from AI teams, decent kicking... The list goes on.

That said, however, current gen has some nice things the old ones don't. Recruiting overall is the best ever IMO, and online dynasty mode is a blast. Gameplay itself is also very solid and finally almost as good as last gen.

« Operation Sports Forums > Football > EA Sports College Football and NCAA Football »