Home

bump coverage with a user

This is a discussion on bump coverage with a user within the EA Sports College Football and NCAA Football forums.

Go Back   Operation Sports Forums > Football > EA Sports College Football and NCAA Football
MLB The Show 24 Review: Another Solid Hit for the Series
New Star GP Review: Old-School Arcade Fun
Where Are Our College Basketball Video Game Rumors?

Old 01-24-2011, 04:34 PM   #1
Rookie

CenTechsan's Arena

OVR: 2
bump coverage with a user

I've played a few people who have controlled a linebacker and mugged the hell out of my TE or slot guy when he's trying to get into his route. Is there a button to do that? When I try to disrupt a slot guy with a linebacker, I completely whiff every time and the receiver just blows right by me. Do I just suck on the sticks or is there a button to jam a receiver?
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 01-24-2011, 08:40 PM   #2
Rookie

OVR: 0
Re: bump coverage with a user

I'd like to know this too. And I like the term "mugged the hell out of my receiver"...very fitting
Old 01-24-2011, 09:17 PM   #3
Pro

raneman85's Arena

OVR: 6

You suck on the sticks. Seriously, pick the inside or outside and try to run or jump the route. It helps if your cover guy is rated better than the covered receiver. Remember if the QB doesn't throw your way and you covered your guy you are rewarded with an incomplete pass (at least that's what I think since you eliminated an option.) I've right sticked a few times while engaged and jammed the receiver but mostly fall down. Try jumping the route. GLuck
Old 01-24-2011, 10:34 PM   #4
MVP

BlastX21's Arena

OVR: 16

Throw to other people. He can only cover one guy, and you have more than one option on a pass play.
Old 01-24-2011, 11:42 PM   #5
Banned

1GATOR FAN's Arena

OVR: 9

Ya how do you bump a guy at the line? I've always been pretty good at coverage but always wondered how you bump-run.

I thought is was RB but that doesn't work I don't think
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 01-25-2011, 09:51 AM   #6
Rookie

CenTechsan's Arena

OVR: 2

Quote:
Originally Posted by BlastX21
Throw to other people. He can only cover one guy, and you have more than one option on a pass play.

Kind of a douchebag reply, but maybe it's just poor reading comprehension. My question is not how to avoid my guy getting bumped. My question is how do I bump. The slot receiver is a powerful tool and I'd like to be able to give him the same off the line molestation that some of the guys in my OD give MY slot receiver. The question isn't how to beat a bump, it's how to DO the bump.
Old 01-25-2011, 04:09 PM   #7
Retar Crew

Antec's Arena

OVR: 12

I believe it's R1 for the PS3.
Old 01-25-2011, 05:13 PM   #8
MVP

BlastX21's Arena

OVR: 16

Quote:
Originally Posted by CenTechsan
Kind of a douchebag reply, but maybe it's just poor reading comprehension. My question is not how to avoid my guy getting bumped. My question is how do I bump. The slot receiver is a powerful tool and I'd like to be able to give him the same off the line molestation that some of the guys in my OD give MY slot receiver. The question isn't how to beat a bump, it's how to DO the bump.
Oh, sorry about that.

I think its left bumper. Not 100% though.

« Operation Sports Forums > Football > EA Sports College Football and NCAA Football »