Home

Players Need to Add More Weight During Their Career

This is a discussion on Players Need to Add More Weight During Their Career within the EA Sports College Football and NCAA Football forums.

Go Back   Operation Sports Forums > Football > EA Sports College Football and NCAA Football
MLB The Show 24 Review: Another Solid Hit for the Series
New Star GP Review: Old-School Arcade Fun
Where Are Our College Basketball Video Game Rumors?

Old 05-04-2011, 05:40 PM   #33
MVP

stewart#28's Arena

OVR: 0
Re: Players Need to Add More Weight During Their Career

You could also add a rating like "football discipline" and "academic discipline" which could effect such things as grades, academic probation, or off campus issues...and tie in with getting in either better shape or worse shape as the player moves through there years at your university.....i.e discipline of 98 and the kids works his *** off to get bigger and stronger and makes the honor roll....or 66 rating and the kids get's way out of shape, unable to stay on the field for more then 2 plays a row, and finds him self in trouble with the law or grades...being at a School like Standford, Duke, Northwestern would give you a real recruiting advantage or disadvantage when going after these types of kids.
12' 12-4
Old 05-04-2011, 05:55 PM   #34
MVP

cparrish's Arena

OVR: 20

Quote:
Originally Posted by mgoblue678
giving us the ability to edit players seems like it would be easier for the dev team.
I agree 100%. I hate nothing more than recruiting a 6'2" 195 lb athlete whose best rated position is DE.

Xbox 360: BuffEye Rosters
PS3: BuffEyeRosters
Old 05-04-2011, 06:37 PM   #35
Rookie

DCDuck's Arena

OVR: 4

Being able to edit height and weight would sort of defeat the purpose of making height and weight relevant when targeting recruits.
- "Passing? What's That?" since 1984.

Skins Fans against Dan Snyder
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 05-04-2011, 06:46 PM   #36
MVP

stewart#28's Arena

OVR: 0

Quote:
Originally Posted by DCDuck
Being able to edit height and weight would sort of defeat the purpose of making height and weight relevant when targeting recruits.
I agree...also I don't want people moving players around at position change time and bumping up or down there height and weight...I can't imagine it's that hard to program in a player picking up weight in the off season, and believe it was in the older generation of games?
12' 12-4
Old 05-04-2011, 07:20 PM   #37
Cade Cunningham

rudyjuly2's Arena

OVR: 75

Quote:
Originally Posted by DCDuck
But that is assuming the dev team will make height and weight relevant this year. Weight meant absolutely nothing last year.
Old 05-04-2011, 11:46 PM   #38
Rookie

DCDuck's Arena

OVR: 4

Quote:
Originally Posted by cparrish
I agree 100%. I hate nothing more than recruiting a 6'2" 195 lb athlete whose best rated position is DE.
I actually don't mind this. If they implement some sort of "training" or "conditioning" control for the off-season, you could just have him bulk up in the summer.

My problem was never with the fact that ATHs sometimes have weird height/weight for their ideal positions, it was the fact that their height/weight never ever changed. My 180 lb. DE stayed at 180 lb. his entire collegiate career.
- "Passing? What's That?" since 1984.

Skins Fans against Dan Snyder
Old 05-05-2011, 08:45 AM   #39
Rookie

UniversityofArizona's Arena

OVR: 3

1) Make weight mean something especially in terms of momentum when running and make height mean much more than it does now. (I am assuming it plays a small part in db/wr interactions)

2) Give gamers the ability to set target weights for each player individually, and have the players try to reach certain default weights if the gamer doesn't want to mess with the issue.

2.1) As part of the point above players would now work towards that weight goal. Say losing acceleration but gaining strength with added weight as somebody pointed out above.

3) Maybe a fitness (fit) rating could be added as well to demonstrate how well players gain or lose weight, and how healthy they are overall. 350 offensive linemen can also be just a mass that is dominated by a stronger 280 pound defensive end because of a fitness rating maybe. (I feel like the above mentioned discipline rating could handle other things in the game more closely related to gameplay. I don't know maybe like reading option plays and fakes, or running the correct route or blocking assignment. My issue is mostly just a naming issue. I think fitness would make for a great abbreviation when people are scrolling through everything.)
Old 05-05-2011, 08:58 AM   #40
All Star

georgiafan's Arena

OVR: 12

is this something that can be fixed with the tuner sets?

« Operation Sports Forums > Football > EA Sports College Football and NCAA Football »