Home

Will NCAA Franchise benefit from a possible NFL lockout?

This is a discussion on Will NCAA Franchise benefit from a possible NFL lockout? within the EA Sports College Football and NCAA Football forums.

Go Back   Operation Sports Forums > Football > EA Sports College Football and NCAA Football
MLB The Show 24 Review: Another Solid Hit for the Series
New Star GP Review: Old-School Arcade Fun
Where Are Our College Basketball Video Game Rumors?

Old 02-02-2011, 09:55 PM   #1
Rookie

Raw-Cane's Arena

OVR: 1
Will NCAA Franchise benefit from a possible NFL lockout?

Do you guys think with the real possibilty of a season ending lockout looming,that NCAA will benefit financially and gain more fans for the Series and the actual Sport?
Can this be the year that NCAA becomes King of the Hill?
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 02-02-2011, 11:28 PM   #2
Banned

1GATOR FAN's Arena

OVR: 9
Re: Will NCAA Franchise benefit from a possible NFL lockout?

NCAA already is king in my book
Old 02-02-2011, 11:33 PM   #3
Pro

FedExPope's Arena

OVR: 7

Well if the lockout happens, I'll take any good thing out of it. At the least it would mean the only 12 football game released would be NCAA. But I don't even think the lockout will happen, especially not when August comes.
Old 02-03-2011, 01:03 AM   #4
Pro

OVR: 0

I would think so. But to me, college football is so much better. In the NFL, I only care about certain players and maybe one team. I don't really have any big allegiances. In college, I have my teams as a whole.

That said, I doubt the lock-out will happen. There's too much money to be made, and they'll iron out the details. At worst, they may just postpone the season start like the NBA did that one time... Or was that a weird dream or a skewed memory???
Old 02-03-2011, 01:48 AM   #5
Rookie

Raw-Cane's Arena

I agree with yall very much ... i love college football it has passion meaning intensity.. its electricity in the air its the way it seperates families its pure pride and competition... but we r already college fans ...

i mean do u guys think it will garner any more mainstream appeal?
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 02-03-2011, 01:51 AM   #6
Rookie

Raw-Cane's Arena

Quote:
Originally Posted by Fredonia
That said, I doubt the lock-out will happen. There's too much money to be made, and they'll iron out the details. At worst, they may just postpone the season start like the NBA did that one time... Or was that a weird dream or a skewed memory???
This is Y im kind of cool on Madden and the NFL in general ,Complacency and entitlement...
I guess we'll all see
Old 02-03-2011, 02:10 AM   #7
MVP

BlastX21's Arena

OVR: 16

Madden will be out whether there's a lockout or not. EA never passes up a chance to make money. If 2012 happens and the world comes to an end, EA would still find a way to release and mass-market a Madden 13.

So I dont see NCAA benefitting from a lockout causing no Madden for the year. It would have to happen from more publicity being on college due to the lack of NFL. But college is already publicized on every major channel, so even that might be a long shot.
Old 02-03-2011, 02:58 AM   #8
MVP

prowler's Arena

OVR: 11

Quote:
Originally Posted by BlastX21
Madden will be out whether there's a lockout or not. EA never passes up a chance to make money. If 2012 happens and the world comes to an end, EA would still find a way to release and mass-market a Madden 13.

So I dont see NCAA benefitting from a lockout causing no Madden for the year. It would have to happen from more publicity being on college due to the lack of NFL. But college is already publicized on every major channel, so even that might be a long shot.
Pretty much this. College football is already insanely popular and anyone who would start following it in the wake of an NFL lockout was already a fan to begin with. If the NCAA has a failing (outside of the whole playoff issue) it's that it can't market its players the way the NFL can and a lockout won't change that.

Last edited by prowler; 02-03-2011 at 03:01 AM.

« Operation Sports Forums > Football > EA Sports College Football and NCAA Football »