Home

Recruiting Test

This is a discussion on Recruiting Test within the EA Sports College Football and NCAA Football forums.

Go Back   Operation Sports Forums > Football > EA Sports College Football and NCAA Football
MLB The Show 24 Review: Another Solid Hit for the Series
New Star GP Review: Old-School Arcade Fun
Where Are Our College Basketball Video Game Rumors?

Old 02-03-2011, 10:27 AM   #1
Rookie

Ike Slider2's Arena

OVR: 10
Recruiting Test

I am about to run a test with 3 teams in NCAA football one always having 30 unsigned recruits or as many as I can get, one with 20 and another with 10. Does anybody know of any schools with the same pipeline states and stars. Preferably same state and conference? I will post results and analysis here in a few hours after a response. Thanks
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 02-03-2011, 11:21 AM   #2
Rookie

Schreck's Arena

OVR: 3
Re: Recruiting Test

I don't really understand what you are trying to do here. What are you trying to test?

I would think Iowa, Minnesota and Illinois would have similar pipelines, probably not stars though.
Old 02-03-2011, 11:25 AM   #3
Rookie

Ike Slider2's Arena

OK, I just started I moved Florida into the ACC and am using Florida, FSU, and Miami. FSU in reality had the #1 class florida #12 and Miami #low twenties. FSU will be the 20 recruits Florida the 30 and miami the 10. I am not bias because I am not a fan of any of these teams. I will pick prospects by intrested or not by rank. Oh and it is on All-American difficulty. I will not play the games
Old 02-03-2011, 11:29 AM   #4
Rookie

Ike Slider2's Arena

Sorry if i wasn't clear enough I am testing to see which approach a lot, little, medium # of recruits you call per week will have the best effect in terms of # of players and quality. I will also test when offering scholarships, visits, I am also taking into account how many prospects commit elsewhere.
Old 02-03-2011, 12:03 PM   #5
Rookie

Ike Slider2's Arena

Interesting phenomena: if you get an interest rating of 65+ right before you offer a scholarship on average you get an extra 30 pts.
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 02-03-2011, 12:05 PM   #6
Pro

brza37's Arena

OVR: 18

You probably shouldn't use Florida. It will mess up the results because it may show in game that UF, FSU and the U are all 6 star schools but Florida is one of those secret 7 stars. They win every recruiting battle.

Try using Stanford, UCLA and Cal. I think they're all 4 stars and have similar pipelines.
Although, I think if you use the same school in 3 different dynasties you will probably get the most reliable results.

Commissioner of Sim Madden League Europe. Established league for sim players in Europe. Join here:
SML - Europe PS4 Madden Online Franchise
Old 02-03-2011, 12:40 PM   #7
Rookie

Ike Slider2's Arena

Just finished simming using quick calls. Actually against common belief Florida brought in a #100 class, FSU brought in a top 10 and miami around 25 from this and some math calculations based on averages I have determined that 15-20 recruits will bring in the most interest to your school. Which translates into recruits. Also, FSU seemed very easy to recruit with. Florida was able to break into the top 5 of people with 20 mins but if there was another fairly interested school putting in 30-40 mins then that school would win. FSU was able to get some early commits and 30 mins was able to bring themselves into the top 2-3 of a prospect and with good visits and promises you can win 60-70% of prospects as opposed to 5-10% for Florida. Miami was interesting: they 60 mins meant that they could win most battles but if another school was very interested you would only win 60% of the time. 50% of the time another school was interested enough therefore 80% of the time Miami wins. Basically with adding and subtracting prospects with 20 all the time that you are recruiting you could bring in about 16 in a season (not including offseason). With 30 you get about 5 and with 10 you get 12.
Old 02-03-2011, 02:04 PM   #8
MVP

jbrew2411's Arena

OVR: 13

Not trying to be rude but this should come as no surprise.

-The more players you have = less time spent on each player = less players signed.

-The fewer players you have = more time spent on each player = more players signed.

If you want to test something try testing to see if some schools cpu controlled) spend more then 10 hours. I have been in battles with UGA (me) vs Bama (cpu) and noticed they spend 1 hour on players I was only spending 40 minutes on. There were 6 players we were both going after and all 6 Bama spent 1 hour on. That only leaves them 4 hours to spend on the rest of their board. I know they had offered at least 17 players (6 we both had offered). So that leaves 4 hours to recruit 11 players. I'm not so sure they are not spending way more time.

« Operation Sports Forums > Football > EA Sports College Football and NCAA Football »