Home

Will ncaa 2011 being so great make u not buy 12?

This is a discussion on Will ncaa 2011 being so great make u not buy 12? within the EA Sports College Football and NCAA Football forums.

Go Back   Operation Sports Forums > Football > EA Sports College Football and NCAA Football
MLB The Show 24 Review: Another Solid Hit for the Series
New Star GP Review: Old-School Arcade Fun
Where Are Our College Basketball Video Game Rumors?
View Poll Results: Will you just keep playing ncaa 11?
Yes, im cheap and gonna save my money and play a game i like 1 3.13%
No i'll buy 12 regardless 17 53.13%
Depends on the features 14 43.75%
Voters: 32. You may not vote on this poll

Old 02-03-2011, 12:11 PM   #1
All Star

georgiafan's Arena

OVR: 12
Will ncaa 2011 being so great make u not buy 12?

I know most people are like me and loved NCAA 11 and played it all the way through Jan. I've quit for the past 2 months to focus on non sports games and now Im ready to bring it back with signing day. I'm into like year 8 and Im anxious to see if my top recruiting class can get me the NC ive not won.

I was thinking about this when i went to trade in sports games and saw my 60$ game worth 25 cents. I know alot of this will hinge on what new features they add to NCAA 12. But as anyone like me just thought about picking up where the left out and not spend the 60? Also they are a ton of good non sports games that are about to come out or will come out this year. I think this puts alot of pressure to come up with new features in a bad economy to make me spend my 60$ bc I loved last year's game so much.
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 02-03-2011, 12:12 PM   #2
Pro

OVR: 4
Re: Will ncaa 2011 being so great make u not buy 12?

No, I need the new conference alignments and such.
Old 02-03-2011, 12:27 PM   #3
MVP

dan_457's Arena

OVR: 26

It all depends on what they add to 12, more specifically, if they add a coaching carousel EA can consider my 60 dollars theirs. But I was never that high on NCAA 11 in the first place, at first I was drinking the kool-aid when I first played the demo, but the actual retail version was very disappointing. And it seemed to only get worse with each patch gameplay wise. I need a CFB fix, but 11 leaves me pulling my hair out way too much, I'll take any and every improvement I can get.

-Cleveland Browns-

-Cleveland Cavaliers-
Old 02-03-2011, 12:29 PM   #4
Rookie

UniversityofArizona's Arena

OVR: 3

depends on the new features for me
Old 02-03-2011, 12:38 PM   #5
Rookie

tylerd02's Arena

OVR: 3

For me it depends on the new features. I've been trying to go ncaa one year and madden the next so it would be madden 12 for me, as long as its not more of the same. I liked ncaa alot this year so i think i'm going to stay with 11 but again it depends on the feature set.
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 02-03-2011, 12:41 PM   #6
MVP

jbrew2411's Arena

OVR: 13

NCAA 11 is one of those game you love or hate. While I have had a few good times with the game overall I hate it. I don't see the improvements that some love. Overall to me the gameplay is lacking. The game plays better without patches then with. The dynasty mode is only worth playing about 3-4 years in. I made it 7 years in with 2 different teams (Nebraska & Georgia) and both dynasties became unplayable due to how tilted the game is toward the power schools like Bama, Ohio St., Texas, Miami, USC, Oklahoma. Then in my Nebraska dynasty Florida and LSU were real good but in my UGA dynasty I was able to hold them down. I stopped playing NCAA 11 back in September then picked it back up in December to only make it a month before giving up again. NCAA 11 offers very little long term playability. I have been a loyal fan of the series dating back to NCAA 98. While NCAA 11 made a move in the right direction it is not there yet. I still enjoyed NCAA 10 way more then NCAA 11.

With all that said I'm looking forward to hearing about NCAA 12. I think it will be much improved. All the game play flaws will be addressed, I hope. The dynasty mode, which is the only reason I buy the game, should see some improvements. If I don't like what I'm hearing about the game leading up to July then I will skip it but I doubt that will happen. I don't worry about the cost. I also don't base anything on what I can get for my old games. If I can't get what I feel is a fair price then I keep it. NCAA 12 will need to have some if not all the features I list in my signature for me to buy it.
Old 02-03-2011, 02:31 PM   #7
Pro

rhombic21's Arena

OVR: 9

You can't be serious with this thread.
Old 02-03-2011, 02:55 PM   #8
Hall Of Fame

Playmakers's Arena

OVR: 40

I love NCAA 11 with modified rosters the gameplay is INSANE IMO

and yes i'll be getting ncaa 12

Follow some the Greatest College Football players of All Time in NCAA Football 14

« Operation Sports Forums > Football > EA Sports College Football and NCAA Football »