Home

Issue With Computer Blitzing

This is a discussion on Issue With Computer Blitzing within the EA Sports College Football and NCAA Football forums.

Go Back   Operation Sports Forums > Football > EA Sports College Football and NCAA Football
MLB The Show 24 Review: Another Solid Hit for the Series
New Star GP Review: Old-School Arcade Fun
Where Are Our College Basketball Video Game Rumors?

Old 02-11-2011, 09:40 AM   #1
Rookie

OVR: 0
Issue With Computer Blitzing

OK here is my problem with an online dynasty I am in with a bunch of friends of mine. The computer blitzes too many guys way too often. I can't tell you how many times a game I see a corner blitz or bringing 7 guys when I am in 5 wide. It makes the game soo soo easy to pick apart with the passing game. I have won my last two games versus the computer 105-7 vs #2 Michigan and 68-0 versus #5 Alabama.

I am playing on All-American and our dynasty recently changed to kkman's WIP All American Sliders and it has not fixed the problem.

Is there any sliders or anything you can adjust that will help with this?

The dynasty is not interested in going to Heisman because we have some lesser players who are my friends and that would drive them out of the dynasty.

Any help would be much appreciated.

Last edited by gmmsports; 02-11-2011 at 09:42 AM.
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 02-11-2011, 10:55 AM   #2
Banned

OVR: 32
Re: Issue With Computer Blitzing

Both of those teams have high defensive aggression by default. unfortunately the only way to correct the issue is to adjust the applicable coaching philosophy sliders. This works great for an offline dynasty and makes a huge improvement to the gameplay. The online dynasty user will just have to deal until next year's game, that is if EA chooses to address this.
Old 02-11-2011, 02:01 PM   #3
Rookie

OVR: 0

Yeah I was afraid that was the only answer, I was hoping for some sort of slider that would adjust it slightly.

The truth be told I don't even mind the frequency with which the computer blitzes its just the ridiculous blitzes it chooses. No team would blitz 7 versus 5 wide. Bringing 6 is enough to leave one rusher unblocked and still cover everyone.

Also how often do you see a corner blitz in real life? Maybe...maybe once or twice a game? I see it at least 5 times a game possibly up to 15.

Same with the "engage eight" blitz. This is a ridiculous play that would be run by a team only a few times in an enitre season yet you see it multiple times a game.

As an ex college football player it is really painful how the developers miss some of the basic strategies of offense/defense in certain scenarios. It would do wonders for them to consult someone who has some knowledge of how real coaches/coordinators design a gameplan.

Last edited by gmmsports; 02-11-2011 at 02:03 PM.
Old 02-11-2011, 02:07 PM   #4
MVP

poopoop's Arena

OVR: 4

There's no set of sliders that will fix the computers constant poor playcalling on either side of the ball. You either have to bump the difficulty/sliders up so the CPU players get enough of a rating boost to make up for the bad playcalling (which leads to other issues), or just deal with blowing the computer teams out constantly.

CPU teams just aren't very competitive on this game. It's too easy to beat them 70-14 or 60-7 consistently. My suggestion would be setting up your OD so everyone is in the same conference or making sure you play the maximum number of OOC games against humans.

« Operation Sports Forums > Football > EA Sports College Football and NCAA Football »