Home

Real Life NCAA Rule on This...?

This is a discussion on Real Life NCAA Rule on This...? within the EA Sports College Football and NCAA Football forums.

Go Back   Operation Sports Forums > Football > EA Sports College Football and NCAA Football
MLB The Show 24 Review: Another Solid Hit for the Series
New Star GP Review: Old-School Arcade Fun
Where Are Our College Basketball Video Game Rumors?

Old 02-19-2011, 02:50 AM   #1
Banned

PatriotJames's Arena

OVR: 20
Real Life NCAA Rule on This...?

I had my freshman QB (amazing 5 star recruit) get injured for the season in the first game. I was wondering if in real life he would be then eligible for a "redshirt type option" due to injury? I think there is something like this, maybe only applies to upperclassmen but I can't remember. It's really sucky, my season is blown!! What's worse is I lost an extra season I could have had with him as my QB if he didn't go pro.
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 02-19-2011, 04:37 AM   #2
Rookie

antdawg9's Arena

OVR: 3
Re: Real Life NCAA Rule on This...?

In real life he will be eligible for a medical redshirt since he only played one game barring that he hasn't already redshirted. They used to have this on the last gen games but I don't see why they can't put it back in the game. It don't seem too hard to implement to me.
Old 02-19-2011, 04:43 AM   #3
Banned

PatriotJames's Arena

Quote:
Originally Posted by antdawg9
In real life he will be eligible for a medical redshirt since he only played one game barring that he hasn't already redshirted. They used to have this on the last gen games but I don't see why they can't put it back in the game. It don't seem too hard to implement to me.
yeah he doesn't have a redshirt...true freshman. Oh well!
Old 02-19-2011, 01:27 PM   #4
Pro

raneman85's Arena

OVR: 6

In real life eligiblility for a medical redshirt applies if injured for more than 9 games which would be week 3 or 4 depending on bye weeks. It is possible to get two medical redshirts but the second has to be applied for and approved. I believe that would be in cases of an injury requiring more than 1 yr to recover. One guy got one last year for a torn ACL and MCL. I also believe a graduating Senior injured his Senior season gets precedent for the second redshirt if his initial redshirt was not medical. For years, JoePA automatically redshirted freshman.
Old 02-19-2011, 04:36 PM   #5
Banned

PatriotJames's Arena

Quote:
Originally Posted by raneman85
In real life eligiblility for a medical redshirt applies if injured for more than 9 games which would be week 3 or 4 depending on bye weeks. It is possible to get two medical redshirts but the second has to be applied for and approved. I believe that would be in cases of an injury requiring more than 1 yr to recover. One guy got one last year for a torn ACL and MCL. I also believe a graduating Senior injured his Senior season gets precedent for the second redshirt if his initial redshirt was not medical. For years, JoePA automatically redshirted freshman.
Thanks, this is a good answer. I'd be like JoePA but I am ISU and just now getting good enough recruits...hence why a freshman is starting at QB
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 02-19-2011, 09:10 PM   #6
Pro

fcboiler87's Arena

OVR: 5

I had the same thing happen to me. This is really cheap, but because the game can't get it right, I consider it even. I just quit the game where it was at so it was like it never happened. That way he doesn't lose a year. Like I said it's cheap but hey gotta do what you gotta do.
Old 02-19-2011, 09:51 PM   #7
MVP

jbrew2411's Arena

OVR: 13

Quote:
Originally Posted by fcboiler87
I had the same thing happen to me. This is really cheap, but because the game can't get it right, I consider it even. I just quit the game where it was at so it was like it never happened. That way he doesn't lose a year. Like I said it's cheap but hey gotta do what you gotta do.
I have done that as well. I hate to lose a key player for an entire year on in the first game to only have that year burned. Another reason I love Choops2k8.
Old 02-19-2011, 11:01 PM   #8
Banned

PatriotJames's Arena

Quote:
Originally Posted by jbrew2411
I have done that as well. I hate to lose a key player for an entire year on in the first game to only have that year burned. Another reason I love Choops2k8.
I see a lot of people still play. I need to find a place to buy that game but there's nowhere!! Gamestop doesn't have it because nobody wants to trade it in. Last I looked it was going for a brand new 60 price tag on E-Bay for a used copy. That's longevity. Hopefully they'll put out an NCAA game if they join in the NFL soon. I can dream...

« Operation Sports Forums > Football > EA Sports College Football and NCAA Football »