Home

Size: Does it matter?

This is a discussion on Size: Does it matter? within the EA Sports College Football and NCAA Football forums.

Go Back   Operation Sports Forums > Football > EA Sports College Football and NCAA Football
MLB The Show 24 Review: Another Solid Hit for the Series
New Star GP Review: Old-School Arcade Fun
Where Are Our College Basketball Video Game Rumors?

Old 02-23-2011, 11:49 AM   #9
MVP

Pokes404's Arena

OVR: 10
Re: Size: Does it matter?

Quote:
Originally Posted by playguitar90
I think height for receivers or corners sort of matters, its easier to throw it up to a 6 foot 8 guy than a 5 foot 7 guy.

Weight is meaningless, however, and height doesn't matter much at other positions.
Hit the nail on the head. Height helps on the edges and it does seem like I have fewer swatted passes with taller QBs (not by much though). Weight is entirely meaningless at every position.
Old 02-23-2011, 12:56 PM   #10
MVP

Roggie's Arena

OVR: 17

The fact that I have a 190 pound DT who plays just as well as my 280 pound guy when the 190 is worse overall is enough proof to me that weight means absolutely nothing.
Chicago Bulls
Detroit Tigers
Detroit Red Wings
Detroit Lions

Last edited by Roggie; 02-23-2011 at 03:24 PM. Reason: That's what she said @ thread title.
Old 02-23-2011, 04:47 PM   #11
Rookie

OVR: 0

I think, along with player size, they need to make jumping matter more. I know Rocket Catch and such were a problem but I want to see a short receiver jump and make plays like Steve Smith on the Panthers (when he was really good) for example.
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 02-23-2011, 10:03 PM   #12
Pro

44drob's Arena

OVR: 27

Size does not matter at all in this game

GLORYERACLOTHING.COM
TRU2THA GAME
Old 02-24-2011, 09:23 AM   #13
MVP

sniperhare's Arena

Quote:
Originally Posted by playguitar90
I think, along with player size, they need to make jumping matter more. I know Rocket Catch and such were a problem but I want to see a short receiver jump and make plays like Steve Smith on the Panthers (when he was really good) for example.
I still can't stand that EA changes the offline game because of abuse from people online.

If anything they take the custom route where you can choose the features you want on in an online match. Don't want to play a match with surprise onside kick, or vision cone, or manual catching, you don't have to do so.
Old 02-24-2011, 09:56 AM   #14
Rookie

BigBlue10989's Arena

OVR: 4

No it doesn't, which is bull.

In NHL 11, I have a 6'5" 235 lb. Be a Pro defenseman with only a 71 body check rating. However, when I line up a small guy for a hit, I usually freight train him. When I face a bigger player, I barely bump him off the puck.

Tiburon needs to step it up.
Old 02-24-2011, 11:55 AM   #15
MVP

Pokes404's Arena

Quote:
Originally Posted by BigBlue10989
No it doesn't, which is bull.

In NHL 11, I have a 6'5" 235 lb. Be a Pro defenseman with only a 71 body check rating. However, when I line up a small guy for a hit, I usually freight train him. When I face a bigger player, I barely bump him off the puck.

Tiburon needs to step it up.
It still amazes me that NHL has collision physics, FIFA has an incredible foot-planting/player locomotion system, and yet we don't have anything remotely close to these things in Madden or NCAA. It's the same company, why wouldn't they want to put these two proven systems into their big-money-making football games. Sometimes it's frustrating, but often times I find myself laughing about it. It just doesn't seem to make any sense.

Who knows? Maybe they wanted to make sure these systems worked well, and now that they have proven themselves, they're in the process of putting them into NCAA and Madden. I'm going to hold on to hope until told otherwise.
Advertisements - Register to remove

« Operation Sports Forums > Football > EA Sports College Football and NCAA Football »