Home

Things that MAKE ME SO MAD about NCAA Football 2011

This is a discussion on Things that MAKE ME SO MAD about NCAA Football 2011 within the EA Sports College Football and NCAA Football forums.

Go Back   Operation Sports Forums > Football > EA Sports College Football and NCAA Football
MLB The Show 24 Review: Another Solid Hit for the Series
New Star GP Review: Old-School Arcade Fun
Where Are Our College Basketball Video Game Rumors?

Old 02-27-2011, 12:38 PM   #17
Banned

MachoFantastic's Arena

OVR: 1
Quote:
Originally Posted by graaa
10) WHEN I'M CONTROLLING A D-LINEMAN AND I ADJUST THE D-LINE TO PINCH THE GAPS, MY LINEMAN JUMPS THE SNAP AND I GET ENCROACHMENT... EVEN THOUGH I AM HOLDING LEFT BUMPER AS I PRESS DOWN THE RIGHT STICK. THIS SHOULD NOT HAPPEN. THE LINEMAN SHOULD NOT JUMP THE SNAP WHEN YOU'RE SO OBVIOUSLY ADJUSTING THE PRE-SNAP DEFENSE. WHY. WHO PROGRAMMED THIS. I WILL WRITE YOU A LETTER. I WILL TELL YOU THAT I AM SO MAD.
Just so you know, you aren't supposed to hold down RB when adjusting the d-line. You click RB, THEN you flick the stick, you don't do both at the same time.
Old 02-28-2011, 01:45 AM   #18
Rookie

orangeafroman's Arena

OVR: 3
Re: Things that MAKE ME SO MAD about NCAA Football 2011

Just had a "predetermined loss", but won.....but still, it's OUTRAGEOUS!

My number one problem of why the game sucks beyond reproach is the way my safeties cover the pass. They literally look like they're running around randomly, just ole-ing oncoming WRs, letting them by, while stepping AWAY from them. It BLOWS MY MIND!

Anyway, this is the only way the computer scores on me, EVER. I run a 4-3 and blitz 2 LBs to get consistent pressure. This, of course, leaves my corners and safeties alone in man coverage. The CBs are great, although rated in the mid-80s. But even my 89+1 SS couldn't cover a flippin penguin.

I was playing SCarolina and was up 24-13 with 3 min left, when the B.S. really started flying. I'm going in for another score when I hit my slot guy deep, he catches it at their 5 yard line. Before he takes one step, the computer tackles him and causes a "fumble". The ball just sits there for about 5 seconds while both guys are on the ground, and 3 random computer guys come in and recover. OKAY.....
So then the computer scores in 2 plays, both of which are to slot WRs covered by the ******** safeties, 2pt fails, I'm up 24-19.

I get the ball back, take a minute off, and do the responsible thing and punt. They score on another pass a few plays later, all involving the slot, 2pt fails, they're up 25-24.

With a minute to go, I run the kickoff back for a TD, by some miracle, 2pt fails, I'm up 30-25.

They go the length of the field in 30 seconds, throwing to slot WRs and TEs, and score. (keep in mind, I've said screw my normal defense and have mixed 4-3, nickel, and dime, man, zone, blitz, no-blitz this whole 4th quarter). NOTHING SLOWED THEM EVEN A LITTLE. This is South Carolina, they're not great.

So they're up 31-30 with a failed 2pt. I get the ball back with 30 seconds, hit 2 passes, and kick a FG with 14 seconds left (up 33-31). So I kick it off, and here's the skeezy, shady part.

They run it back and fumble....they pick it up, run 8 yards, and FUMBLE FORWARD AGAIN....they pick it up again (OF COURSE), and my last guy happens to tackle the guy.

They hit another long pass, call T.O., then go for a hail mary, but I get the sack and the win.

I'm just seriously tired of the HORSE SHYT from the computer when it decides it wants to score. If the computer could EVER just outplay me and win legitimately, I'd LOVE IT. But no, it's totally unable. It has to B.S. its way into a forced loss.
Old 02-28-2011, 10:43 AM   #19
Rookie

Schreck's Arena

OVR: 3

Seems like in all of the ranked games I play, I'll hit the other guy right as he's throwing at least 2 or 3 times in a game, the ball will go flying in the air but always to an empty area of the field and it seems like it hangs forever. Of course I can't get anybody to it in time, but one of their receivers will be able to get to it right before it hits the ground for a huge catch. Almost always happens on a big 3rd down. When this happens, it is inevitable that the guy will end up scoring. Last night, it happened twice on 1 drive. I was so damn pissed off. I mean if it happens once, ok, maybe that happens. But holy crap, if I hit the quarterback and the ball goes flying, it should not be a 1st freaking down.
Old 02-28-2011, 12:09 PM   #20
Rookie

OVR: 2

Have seen most of the items already listed w/in thread and do find some frustations.

I know there are some that don't think the trampoline-LB jump is overdone. If I was online I'd show a replay from a game last season I kept where MLB's feet were at the height of the belt of the referee standing right behind him on goaline in swatting away what should have been a TD pass.

And to beat a dead horse, I hate that recruit's Least, Very Low and Low topics keep coming up so often, especially early in the process when there are 10 other topics still unlocked but these keep 'randomly' coming up.

Maybe I haven't labored with years of frustration, but that recruiting thing is my #1 issue, and I guess I'm pretty happy, or accepting, with other stuff. Even the leaping LBs have made me adust my throw arc as well as searching out passing lanes, so maybe that's not all that bad of a thing.

Last edited by GGGswim; 02-28-2011 at 12:11 PM.
Old 02-28-2011, 01:45 PM   #21
Rookie

EZ Esquire's Arena

OVR: 1

Quote:
Originally Posted by orangeafroman
I'm just seriously tired of the HORSE SHYT from the computer when it decides it wants to score. If the computer could EVER just outplay me and win legitimately, I'd LOVE IT. But no, it's totally unable. It has to B.S. its way into a forced loss.

I think it all comes down to this.

What the computer wants the computer gets.

Wants to score it will score. Wants to stop you it will blitz 9 guys and they will all get there unblocked.

The only thing I could possibly think of in defense is that the AI is incapable of truly performing how we would like so they have to put these cheats into the game to create the illusion of difficulty. Like probably most of the people here. Either the game ends ups being too easy and it is a blow out or the computer simply cheats or becomes unbeatable.
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 02-28-2011, 03:35 PM   #22
Banned

OVR: 0

ALL valid points that probably wont make it past this forum.

I would agree the robo CPU Qb play and "high-jump champion" Linebackers are the 2 things that annoy me the most.

IF the nickleback/LB/safety didnt suck so much at guarding the slot WR on a crossing route it wouldnt be such a need to throw to that WR meaning less need for Lb's to jump so high

The lack of advancements from year to year: spring game, coaching carousel, medical redshirts, ncaa punishment (06'), road to glory, Currency in offline dynasty allowing a school to ACTUALLY be built up not just increase their STAR rating.
Old 02-28-2011, 04:03 PM   #23
MVP

Kaiser Wilhelm's Arena

OVR: 8

Quote:
Originally Posted by ipadblack11
IF the nickleback/LB/safety didnt suck so much at guarding the slot WR on a crossing route it wouldnt be such a need to throw to that WR meaning less need for Lb's to jump so high
I lost you here. What are you saying

Oh and to continue beating up these deads horses some more.

I cannot stand it when my CB runs five yards past where his man made a curl or had cut for anyother route.

I just rage quit whenever somebody just ignores their assignment in the pass block. I mean the LT didn't pick up anybody and let the DE right in. I got so mad I benched the kid for somebody who was around 20 points worse. Then I rage quit.

Absolutly hate when I stop the AI short, but they get the first down (TD). Its even worse when I challenge and the game is like "Ha, Silly user, you fell for the 'The challeges actually work' bit created by the developers to make you rage quit." After that I check the replay, only to notice that there is no marker for the first down. After I figure out where the first down marker is and the new spot of the ball I go back to the replay and clearly see he is down well short of the spot. Then I rage quit.

This game makes me want to...
Old 02-28-2011, 04:39 PM   #24
Pro

Scrapps's Arena

OVR: 14

While there are numerous things that irritate me about this game, I think the whole pass coverage issue aggrevates me the most. Theres just too many extremes. Its either the db runs the route and makes his cut/break before the wr. Or any sort of coverage at all is totally absent. My personal favorite in when the wr makes his cut or break, and your db continues running downfield for another 7 to 8 yds with his back to the line of scrimmage. And don't even get me started on zone coverage. The only zones my players seem to cover, are the ones not occupied by an opposing player. When it come to pass coverage (zone or man), most times it seems that ratings are totally irrelevant. Theres no rhyme or reason to it.

« Operation Sports Forums > Football > EA Sports College Football and NCAA Football »