Home

Things that MAKE ME SO MAD about NCAA Football 2011

This is a discussion on Things that MAKE ME SO MAD about NCAA Football 2011 within the EA Sports College Football and NCAA Football forums.

Go Back   Operation Sports Forums > Football > EA Sports College Football and NCAA Football
MLB The Show 24 Review: Another Solid Hit for the Series
New Star GP Review: Old-School Arcade Fun
Where Are Our College Basketball Video Game Rumors?

Old 02-28-2011, 05:25 PM   #25
Rookie

Zasnow's Arena

OVR: 4
Re: Things that MAKE ME SO MAD about NCAA Football 2011

I hate getting screwed by the computer on Heisman. Especially when they do an all out blitz when I run.
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 02-28-2011, 08:42 PM   #26
Rookie

orangeafroman's Arena

OVR: 3

The issue is the enormous chasm of skill level between AA and Heisman.

On AA, there's less total crap going on, but I blow the cpu out every game, even the great teams.

On Heisman, the cpu does what it wants, no matter what. The supernatural LBs, absurd QBs, etc..

How about something in between? AA is perfect except for the ease with which it's beaten. If the developers can't make the game tougher minus the bullsh*t, then they're in the wrong line of work.
Old 02-28-2011, 09:20 PM   #27
Rookie

stevensa08's Arena

I hope in 2012 they do something with the penalties, especially the late hits on the quarterback and the late hits when your player is out of bounds. The qb's get racked all game long, with roughing the passer at 100 and still nothing is called!! I hope they add personal fouls / unsportsmanlike conduct calls to this years game. There have been plenty of times I go after the qb just to see if its gets called, never does. 25 knockdowns in one game, something has to be called. Roughing the punter and kicker are great, if you can get to them in time....not!! Why have it if you can't even block kicks / punts?? I do hope the penalties get looked at. Others:
-High jump champion LB's
-Having my Wisconsin O-line get mauled by Indiana's front 4
-180 lb rb's running over 250lb d lineman
-Blown coverages through out the game
-Having my wr being subbed in to play cb and he is nowhere even close to cb position on the depth chart and there he is (playing with fatigue)
-At the end of the year, Taylor potts throwing for 4500 yds, 48 tds, 1 int
-Heisman voting is a joke, and Potts didnt win
- Having the same teams go undefeated every year (though on my system, Washington Huskies a gone undefeated 3 times)
-Weather playing no part on how the game is played (constant down pour and no picks and no fumbles are comitted, wth??)
-Ammount of dropped passes by top receivers, seems like in clutch situations, they are not there.
-Play action passes!! Shouldnt have to wait to call the "setup" play to throw the defense off
-Icing the kicker is awesome for the user, but for the computer, it has no effect on a freshman kicker, he will nail it more times than not
- Kirk, Eastern Michigan is not evenly matched with Ohio State!!
There is a lot more, but we all know the rest. I have played 2011 longer than I ever played any other year, but it does get frustrating, very frustrating. We will see what 2012 brings us
Old 02-28-2011, 10:01 PM   #28
Banned

devinewon's Arena

OVR: 9

I did a post like this 4 months ago. I got destroyed and got my post blocked because they said I wasn't being positive. I have a list of like 50 things that are seriously wrong with this game from the new playbook to recruits to gameplay. This game took 3 steps back but it looks better and it makes everyone think that they can play offense so it was rated very high.

I would rather have had a slightly tweaked NCAA 2010 than this game. It leave a lot to be desired.

New slower playbook style
The Complete and utter Domination of the Counter Play
Bouncing Everything to the outside
No containment on defense
Mirror Man Coverage
Monster TE's
Weight Doesn't matter
Super Slow SS's
Awful Play-Action
Blatant Computer Cheating
Florida, Alabama, USC, Ohio State, Michigan, Texas, Oklahoma Recruiting Dominance
Russian Roulette Recruiting

I could go on and on. Gotta get a check up from the neck up.
Old 03-01-2011, 04:50 PM   #29
Rookie

EZ Esquire's Arena

OVR: 1

Unfortunately, I think we are stuck with a lot of this stuff. There is no true AI or physics in the game so they make up for it by putting in things like mirror covering and animations.

We all want our 95 rated WR to be able to beat the CPU 80 rated DB. But since there is no true AI the CPU simply picks a play and says I am going to mirror all WRs this play. Forget ratings, forget speed, forget coaching, forget crowd noise…this play, the CPU covers everyone.

This is EAs answer to difficulty.

On your first play the CPU will mirror 1 WR and you have to find the open one. On play two the CPU will mirror two WRs and you have to find the open TE. But to make sure you have to punt the next play the CPU will mirror all WRs. It works this way with the linemen too. You cannot help but laugh when you are Texas and Akron starts pushing your O line around.

There is no real AI and there is no rating comparisons each play. This I why it is frustrating and why you either kill a team or the CPU does whatever it wants. It appears the only way EA can make it more difficult to pass is to mirror your WRs. All the pass cover ratings in the world do not matter .

I do not know what the answer should be. We say fix it but they may not have a fix for it. I do not think they have an answer for it except to create something new that will probably aggravate everyone again.
Old 03-01-2011, 08:31 PM   #30
Rookie

orangeafroman's Arena

I LOVE watching my offensive tackles just watch the cpu DEs run right around them WITHOUT LAYING A HAND ON THEM. It makes me all warm and fuzzy inside.
Old 03-01-2011, 11:28 PM   #31
Rookie

OVR: 0

Safety play- when I bring them in manually, I do not want to see WRs and TEs making catch after catch underneath them. If they beat me deep, fine. Do not just have them stand back there and not make plays on desperation passes thrown by a QB that is being pressured.

Sportsmanship feature- this should not be a part of games against the computer. Why should I stick to the run when the cpu opponent just went on an "unstoppable drive" and tried to recover an onside kick? Also, tell Herbstriet to keep his comments to himself about me running up the score on the computer. I do not have sympathy for them.

Eyes in the back of head- CBs and Safeties should not break on a ball when they are covering another WR downfield and their backs are to me. Ridiculous.

Momentum overkill- I like that momentum is a part of the game...that is realistic. However, if the opponent makes a big play, my O-Line should not just quit blocking and my Defense should not quit covering all together.

There are more things, but that is enough for right now...
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 03-01-2011, 11:43 PM   #32
MVP

CuseGirl's Arena

OVR: 7

Quote:
Originally Posted by TDenverFan
1) When the CPU wants to score, it scores, regardless of how many tackles his guy must break.

2) Sliding needs to be easier. HAlf the time, hitting slide makes you dive, and Dive=Fumble.

3) Slant ROutes w/TE=Win

That's about all I can think of
As for the sliding thing, don't HIT the "dive" button, you have to let up on the turbo/sprint and tap the dive button. Works EVERY SINGLE TIME, without fail, i've never had this DIVE=fumble problem.

« Operation Sports Forums > Football > EA Sports College Football and NCAA Football »