Home

What is "Spotlighting" a Receiver?

This is a discussion on What is "Spotlighting" a Receiver? within the EA Sports College Football and NCAA Football forums.

Go Back   Operation Sports Forums > Football > EA Sports College Football and NCAA Football
MLB The Show 24 Review: Another Solid Hit for the Series
New Star GP Review: Old-School Arcade Fun
Where Are Our College Basketball Video Game Rumors?

Old 03-08-2011, 02:11 PM   #1
XB1 GT: Cubone Jones

Cubone_Jones's Arena

OVR: 6
What is "Spotlighting" a Receiver?

I was looking through NCAA Achievements and noticed one required you to "spotlight" a receiver. What exactly is this and has anyone gotten the achievement?
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 03-08-2011, 02:15 PM   #2
Rookie

cOWASs68's Arena

OVR: 3
Re: What is "Spotlighting" a Receiver?

You spotlight a receiver when you key on him, in your pre-snap defense. You know how you can call run commit or pass commit?? Right underneath that image that pops up, is the notation of how you can spotlight a receiver. It's really easy once you see that.
Old 03-08-2011, 06:01 PM   #3
Banned

OVR: 0

Of course spotlighting makes no difference. You can run man or zone and spotlighting does nothing.

Hold down left trigger and select the corresponding button the WR you want to spotlight.
Old 03-09-2011, 07:02 AM   #4
Rookie

whatcha's Arena

OVR: 4
Spotlighting works, but at a cost, especially in a zone defense. What do I mean? If you have a zone defense called and you spotlight a particular defense, your DBs will definitely key that receiver. But they will key him at the expense of ignoring another receiver in that same area. It's cost me a couple times in online dynasty games, but has also giving me a few pick 6 opportunities in online user games. Just like run commit, if you guess right, you're in the money. If you're wrong, you'll give up a big play.
Old 03-09-2011, 10:56 AM   #5
XB1 GT: Cubone Jones

Cubone_Jones's Arena

OVR: 6

I swear. When I think I'm good at this game I realize I am not using half of the tools offered to dominate! Thanks fellas, I'll try it out and post my thoughts!
Advertisements - Register to remove

« Operation Sports Forums > Football > EA Sports College Football and NCAA Football »