Home

Why Was Lee Corso Removed from the Commentary Team in NCAA 11?

This is a discussion on Why Was Lee Corso Removed from the Commentary Team in NCAA 11? within the EA Sports College Football and NCAA Football forums.

Go Back   Operation Sports Forums > Football > EA Sports College Football and NCAA Football
MLB The Show 24 Review: Another Solid Hit for the Series
New Star GP Review: Old-School Arcade Fun
Where Are Our College Basketball Video Game Rumors?

Old 03-14-2011, 08:52 PM   #17
MVP

Kaiser Wilhelm's Arena

OVR: 8
Re: Why Was Lee Corso Removed from the Commentary Team in NCAA 11?

Quote:
Originally Posted by drpgmr8515
We need Brent Musburger (ABC) or Gus Johnson (BIG TEN NETWORK). I love both of their voices.
I have to disagree. Brad, Kirk, and Lee are perfect for this game. The problem is that the commentary is very poorly done in comparison to other games in this genre.

For both Madden and NCAA the commentary are designed with only Play Now mode in mind. There are very few tidbits of information reletive to dynasty mode. What EA needs to do to bump up their commentary is add in atleast the ability for the AI to recognize the standings and the Coaches/BCS rankings and then record the lines needed to make enjoyable late season dynasty.

That and to be able to remember the previous games performances. If Sony can do it for MLB 11 The Show, EA should be able to do it.
If anybody is interested in a "spiritual successor to the socom franchise, check out this thread.
Old 03-14-2011, 09:08 PM   #18
Hall Of Fame

illwill10's Arena

OVR: 31

Quote:
Originally Posted by Kaiser Wilhelm
I have to disagree. Brad, Kirk, and Lee are perfect for this game. The problem is that the commentary is very poorly done in comparison to other games in this genre.

For both Madden and NCAA the commentary are designed with only Play Now mode in mind. There are very few tidbits of information reletive to dynasty mode. What EA needs to do to bump up their commentary is add in atleast the ability for the AI to recognize the standings and the Coaches/BCS rankings and then record the lines needed to make enjoyable late season dynasty.

That and to be able to remember the previous games performances. If Sony can do it for MLB 11 The Show, EA should be able to do it.
It barely at all been touched in since next gen. It is due for a overhaul. Current Commentary needs to be scrapped.
Old 03-15-2011, 11:47 AM   #19
Banned

JerseySuave4's Arena

OVR: 23

Quote:
Originally Posted by ReadyForTheShow
Yeah, I always did wonder... I wouldn't mind having Brent Musburger in the game this year though. Alot of people might disagree but to me he is a big part of watching ESPN on Saturdays. I don't think there needs to be CBS but I wouldn't mind 2-3 teams for games. To be honest if they went right to the heart of commentary and made it an actual focus I wouldn't mind. As long as there are thousands of lines and it doesn't get bland...I think if they go presentation, go all out. If they go dynasty, go all out. I just don't like this balanced approach because it will take forever to get a great game...
hate to break it to you but its always going to be that way. Look at whats happening with MLB the Show this year. A lot of people are saying it's an amazing game, great, best real to life representation of baseball, but its pretty much the same thing every year and theyre going to buy MLB 2k because its fun and will feel fresh.

That is why it is not smart to ever have a perfect game. You have to have something to market the next year other than newer rosters. That is why things happen slowly. We're getting almost to the near end of these current systems so we should start getting the games we want where we'll be comparing the next gen systems to when that cycle starts over again.

Always keep them wanting more
Old 03-15-2011, 03:47 PM   #20
Rookie

ROSStafarian's Arena

OVR: 2

Quote:
Originally Posted by ReadyForTheShow
Yeah, I always did wonder... I wouldn't mind having Brent Musburger in the game this year though. Alot of people might disagree but to me he is a big part of watching ESPN on Saturdays. I don't think there needs to be CBS but I wouldn't mind 2-3 teams for games. To be honest if they went right to the heart of commentary and made it an actual focus I wouldn't mind. As long as there are thousands of lines and it doesn't get bland...I think if they go presentation, go all out. If they go dynasty, go all out. I just don't like this balanced approach because it will take forever to get a great game...

CRABTREEEE!!... At least i think that was musburger on that call.
Old 03-15-2011, 06:51 PM   #21
MVP

Kaiser Wilhelm's Arena

OVR: 8

Quote:
Originally Posted by illwill10
It barely at all been touched in since next gen. It is due for a overhaul. Current Commentary needs to be scrapped.
I don't quite understand?

Are you saying that Kirk, Lee and Brad need to be scrapped; if so I disagree.

Now if you are saying that the commentary itself, and not the commentators, then I fully agree.
If anybody is interested in a "spiritual successor to the socom franchise, check out this thread.
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 03-15-2011, 09:06 PM   #22
Hall Of Fame

illwill10's Arena

OVR: 31

Quote:
Originally Posted by Kaiser Wilhelm
I don't quite understand?

Are you saying that Kirk, Lee and Brad need to be scrapped; if so I disagree.

Now if you are saying that the commentary itself, and not the commentators, then I fully agree.
Yea. I am not talking about KIrk, Lee, Brad. I dont mind them at all. I am talk the commentary itself. It needs a full makeover.
I wonder if they will add Lee, if hes up to it, back into the commentary.
Old 03-17-2011, 01:19 PM   #23
Rookie

OVR: 2

Corso is definitely in '11. Unmistakably.

Running year 20 of my offline dynasty (AA, w/ sliders) and have been having great success this season in KO/P returns.
Last night in my #1 Auburn vs visiting #11 Troy, one of my K-ret's has, for me, an uncharacteristic return -- rather than the basic slant toward the middle, watch edge blocks, then break to outside, I instead b/c of shorter kick, run a weaving 40+ yd return just across the 50.
Now we've all heard, by what?, 3rd season?, every line of commentary so I'm shocked when I hear Corso's voice say, "He just found crease and, fwippp (whistling sound), he broke right through." First time I'd ever heard that line, and it was clearly Corso. Whatever Corso said was preceded by a line from Herbstreit that I'd not heard before, too.
I was so shocked I put the game on pause, but realized there's not a way (that I'm aware of) to save a play WITH commentary.
Just as an FYI, NCAA 11 was my first game, so there can't be any remnants of previous version commentary saved on the drive.

Anybody else have a Lee-sighting?

« Operation Sports Forums > Football > EA Sports College Football and NCAA Football »