Home

EA has no reason to create a realistic long dynasty mode

This is a discussion on EA has no reason to create a realistic long dynasty mode within the EA Sports College Football and NCAA Football forums.

Go Back   Operation Sports Forums > Football > EA Sports College Football and NCAA Football
MLB The Show 24 Review: Another Solid Hit for the Series
New Star GP Review: Old-School Arcade Fun
Where Are Our College Basketball Video Game Rumors?

Old 03-24-2011, 06:50 PM   #41
Banned

PatriotJames's Arena

OVR: 20
Re: EA has no reason to create a realistic long dynasty mode

Quote:
Originally Posted by illwill10
Are you talking about a NCAA game? If so then NCAA 06 or 07.
My favorite game with dynasty/season mode is 2k5 or madden 05. Player morales, mel kiper, espn, radio guy in madden. alot of key features.
I wish I never lost/got stolen my PS2.
so basically the last NCAA they made before going to the 360/PS3? And you know you can play PS2 games on PS3 right?
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 03-24-2011, 06:54 PM   #42
Hall Of Fame

illwill10's Arena

OVR: 31

Quote:
Originally Posted by PatriotJames
so basically the last NCAA they made before going to the 360/PS3? And you know you can play PS2 games on PS3 right?
Only on certain PS3s. I would have thought they would of did a PS3 patch to play PS2s.
I miss the PS2 days. Online gaming was not as popular as it is today, so Offline got alot of love. There was only so much they could do with graphics, so there was more space for other things
Old 03-24-2011, 08:01 PM   #43
Banned

PatriotJames's Arena

Quote:
Originally Posted by illwill10
Only on certain PS3s. I would have thought they would of did a PS3 patch to play PS2s.
I miss the PS2 days. Online gaming was not as popular as it is today, so Offline got alot of love. There was only so much they could do with graphics, so there was more space for other things
Yeah, you're like me. I feel the exact same way. Give me a great game, PS2 graphics were good enough. I don't care if the cleats show dirt/grass coming up lmao

Which system do you have? I'm pretty sure I have the first reg. size 60 GB
Old 03-24-2011, 08:09 PM   #44
Hall Of Fame

illwill10's Arena

OVR: 31

Quote:
Originally Posted by PatriotJames
Yeah, you're like me. I feel the exact same way. Give me a great game, PS2 graphics were good enough. I don't care if the cleats show dirt/grass coming up lmao

Which system do you have? I'm pretty sure I have the first reg. size 60 GB
I have the 80 GB. There was an0ther 80 BG that played PS2s but it is not the one I have.
Old 03-25-2011, 12:15 AM   #45
MVP

poopoop's Arena

OVR: 4

Quote:
Originally Posted by nighttrain32
Thats the best way to put it. If the product is innovative and fun to play, people will play it. People play games like The Sims for multiple playthroughs because it offers many ways to approach a situation. Right now dynasty is just games and recruiting, but if they put more into the game and gave the player full control of their team in all aspects, dynasties would last longer. If dynasty was like more like the Franchise mode or dynasty mode from the PS2 Maddens and NCAAs, don't they think it wold keep more people around?

A few things I could think of are:
-Gameplay fixes and player logic fixes
-Becoming the AD
-Micro-managing your stadium and events (White outs, spelling things in the crowd, etc.)
-Stadium Renovations
-Player discipline, player attitudes, players playing to their strengths
-Custom play creator and custom playbooks
-Custom Jerseys after time
-Practice Drills (7 on 7 pass, 9 on 7 run, 1 on 1 routes, etc.)
-Game Preparation (Full scouting reports of your opponents playcalling and tendencies{It was on the PS2!!})
-Coaching Carosel (Come on that was on the PS2 also)

......Maybe in NCAA 13.....
Crazy thing is CH2k8 has all nearly all of these and it's the best franchise mode I've personally seen in a console game. You can get real deep with that game down to adjusting what you wanted each individual player to practice on each week.

I agree with what you're saying, Dynasty mode is just playing games and recruiting, no depth to it at all. I don't think things like editing Stadiums and jerseys is that necessary. Mainly because the generic stadiums / jerseys never look as good as the default ones.

Some things I'd like to see:

Recruiting Underclassmen
Multiple High School AA games, Underarmor/Army one. They could even have generic names.
Spring games.
Coaches that actually matter.
Better presentation so you can actually feel like you're in season, not just one team playing a string of games.

Last edited by poopoop; 03-25-2011 at 12:20 AM.
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 03-27-2011, 08:50 PM   #46
Rookie

OVR: 2

I dont understand why in almost every sports game thread you hear someone say they have no reason to make franchise modes better? That is bull if i ever heard it why do you see threads when these games come out with the major problems in some of these francise modes? they are huge at times. I think they know that people love a good dynasty mode thats what made some of the last gen games so awesome. And is why people still talk about them.

Heres to hoping that they do realize this and try to make improvements.
Old 03-27-2011, 08:57 PM   #47
Banned

mrMagic91's Arena

OVR: 23

I play dynasty like I mofo. They do have a reason to
Old 03-27-2011, 09:09 PM   #48
Banned

PatriotJames's Arena

bingo to both above. Online can only go so far because it would take a lot to incorporate every aspect of offline dynasty mode into the online world. Most online guys don't care for the extras either. Yeah in Madden it would be nice to have some sort of salary cap but it would be hard with 32 guys as user. NCAA has a nice online dynasty already, just fix those bugs on the offline and attach them to online...then start adding old features and new ones and no...i'm not talking about presentation. I really don't care if there is an announcer at all or you can see your fans or mascot. The PA announcer back in the day was good for me, besides it was easy and they could pronounce almost every player's name. A lot they put into presentation is just overkill and its the younger audience that loves this.

I still go back to the fact that the first gamers are in their 30's and still play...they play with their kids and everything. It's this new age group...like 10-18 that are in love with graphics and presentation. The ones that don't really recall the 'good ol' days'. But who buys the games? Parents or the young adults.

« Operation Sports Forums > Football > EA Sports College Football and NCAA Football »