Home

Madden looks like it received custom playbooks, what do u think is our chance?

This is a discussion on Madden looks like it received custom playbooks, what do u think is our chance? within the EA Sports College Football and NCAA Football forums.

Go Back   Operation Sports Forums > Football > EA Sports College Football and NCAA Football
MLB The Show 24 Review: Another Solid Hit for the Series
New Star GP Review: Old-School Arcade Fun
Where Are Our College Basketball Video Game Rumors?

Old 03-24-2011, 02:48 AM   #49
Rookie

OVR: 3
Re: Madden looks like it received custom playbooks, what do u think is our chance?

Quote:
Originally Posted by MachoFantastic
Yeah, it's completely unrealistic for a team to be able to choose what plays and formations they use. We should be limited to a set of predefined playbooks just like real life.
Army to run the spread pistol next year confirmed.
Old 03-24-2011, 03:01 AM   #50
Banned

MachoFantastic's Arena

OVR: 1
Quote:
Originally Posted by the veteran
Army to run the spread pistol next year confirmed.
What are you getting at?
Old 03-24-2011, 07:34 AM   #51
MVP

blkrptnt819's Arena

OVR: 10
Re: Madden looks like it received custom playbooks, what do u think is our chance?

Quote:
Originally Posted by MachoFantastic
Yeah, it's completely unrealistic for a team to be able to choose what plays and formations they use. We should be limited to a set of predefined playbooks just like real life.
U know in real life coaches make their own playbooks right?
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 03-24-2011, 07:43 AM   #52
MVP

blkrptnt819's Arena

OVR: 10

Quote:
Well them you will have to choose multiple playbook and miss out on some specific plays that are in dedicated pro, pistol and spread books. That's a give and take, how it should work.
No! U should be the coach and select whatever plays u want. My playbook would be no different from the LSU playbook as far as styles. Should they limit the default playbook to only non pro dedicated plays because it's multi? No, not at all. Give players freedom and fix the AI. But limiting what players can choose is not the answer. As far as filler plays I can argue that's why ppl overuse "money" plays. They feel they don't want to vary if the other plays don't work. I run about 20-25 different offensive plays a game. I would love to hand pick every play in my book. And the fact remains all my custom plays would be dives, yes run plays. I wouldn't mind the ability to edit formation either. That's all I really need play editor for.
Old 03-24-2011, 11:06 AM   #53
Rookie

OVR: 2

Maybe if some teams playbooks weren't so horribly broken, or just completely wrong from a team philosophy standpoint, I wouldn't need a custom playbook. But, considering that my team has had a completely wrong playbook 3 years running, I think it's a must for the game. If you don't want it in your OD, just make it an option to not allow them, just like half of the other features.
Old 03-24-2011, 02:35 PM   #54
Rookie

OVR: 3

Real college coaches have philosophies that their offense is predicated on. You won't see Gus Malzahn running big formations under center like Wisconsin runs. I love the the playbook ties to the teams identity and/or coach. It's more true to the game and the style of the team that playbook is based on.

Even if they make the greatest AI ever some plays just work better than others. Some sets are just more effective depending on how the game is programmed. (Why is the stretch out of Strong I tight so much better than the one out of Strong normal or big??) Whether you want to call them "money plays" or not doesn't take away that fact that every single football video game ever has adhered to this. All plays are not created equal.

I think I just have a different viewpoint than most of you being that the majority of my games are against very good competition. Playing high ranked (LVL 15+) people online that I already know how unstoppable custom playbooks will be. When someone can come out running hurry up offense with the 4 best formations in the game all in their audibles it's going to be a serious headache.
Old 03-24-2011, 02:39 PM   #55
Rookie

Quote:
Real college coaches have philosophies that their offense is predicated on. You won't see Gus Malzahn running big formations under center like Wisconsin runs. I love the the playbook ties to the teams identity and/or coach. It's more true to the game and the style of the team that playbook is based on.

Even if they make the greatest AI ever some plays just work better than others. Some sets are just more effective depending on how the game is programmed. (Why is the stretch out of Strong I tight so much better than the one out of Strong normal or big??) Whether you want to call them "money plays" or not doesn't take away that fact that every single football video game ever has adhered to this. All plays are not created equal.

I think I just have a different viewpoint than most of you being that the majority of my games are against very good competition. Playing high ranked (LVL 15+) people online that I already know how unstoppable custom playbooks will be. When someone can come out running hurry up offense with the 4 best formations in the game all in their audibles it's going to be a serious headache.
That's wonderful, except, if you have it as an option that can be disable for ranked play, then it doesn't cause any issues whatsoever. Like I stated above, I'd like to build a playbook that suits my teams strengths. I've had to use other teams playbooks and try to shoehorn my talent to fit it, which is stupid. There's no legitimate reason why anyone should be against custom playbooks if there's an enable/disable option.
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 03-24-2011, 03:03 PM   #56
Rookie

Quote:
Originally Posted by saunders45
That's wonderful, except, if you have it as an option that can be disable for ranked play, then it doesn't cause any issues whatsoever. Like I stated above, I'd like to build a playbook that suits my teams strengths. I've had to use other teams playbooks and try to shoehorn my talent to fit it, which is stupid. There's no legitimate reason why anyone should be against custom playbooks if there's an enable/disable option.

This. I don't see how anyone can possibly be against custom playbooks if we can turn the option on and off.

« Operation Sports Forums > Football > EA Sports College Football and NCAA Football »