Home

Madden looks like it received custom playbooks, what do u think is our chance?

This is a discussion on Madden looks like it received custom playbooks, what do u think is our chance? within the EA Sports College Football and NCAA Football forums.

Go Back   Operation Sports Forums > Football > EA Sports College Football and NCAA Football
MLB The Show 24 Review: Another Solid Hit for the Series
New Star GP Review: Old-School Arcade Fun
Where Are Our College Basketball Video Game Rumors?

Old 03-24-2011, 04:42 PM   #57
MVP

blkrptnt819's Arena

OVR: 10
Re: Madden looks like it received custom playbooks, what do u think is our chance?

Quote:
Originally Posted by the veteran
Real college coaches have philosophies that their offense is predicated on. You won't see Gus Malzahn running big formations under center like Wisconsin runs. I love the the playbook ties to the teams identity and/or coach. It's more true to the game and the style of the team that playbook is based on.

Even if they make the greatest AI ever some plays just work better than others. Some sets are just more effective depending on how the game is programmed. (Why is the stretch out of Strong I tight so much better than the one out of Strong normal or big??) Whether you want to call them "money plays" or not doesn't take away that fact that every single football video game ever has adhered to this. All plays are not created equal.

I think I just have a different viewpoint than most of you being that the majority of my games are against very good competition. Playing high ranked (LVL 15+) people online that I already know how unstoppable custom playbooks will be. When someone can come out running hurry up offense with the 4 best formations in the game all in their audibles it's going to be a serious headache.
That's real life. in the real world you can do that. I feel custom playbooks makes us feel more like a coach.
Old 03-24-2011, 06:11 PM   #58
Rookie

OVR: 3
Re: Madden looks like it received custom playbooks, what do u think is our chance?

Quote:
Originally Posted by saunders45
That's wonderful, except, if you have it as an option that can be disable for ranked play, then it doesn't cause any issues whatsoever. Like I stated above, I'd like to build a playbook that suits my teams strengths. I've had to use other teams playbooks and try to shoehorn my talent to fit it, which is stupid. There's no legitimate reason why anyone should be against custom playbooks if there's an enable/disable option.
Like i said before I'm for custom playbooks just not for ranked games. Having an on/off option for ranked games would split the community heavily in favor of custom playbooks. Part of being a good player is learning the in and outs of a playbook (just like real life). No one would "learn" team playbooks because you can just make your own. Anyways I'm sure they will put it in eventually but if they don't it won't bother me at all.

Quote:
Originally Posted by blkrptnt819
That's real life. in the real world you can do that. I feel custom playbooks makes us feel more like a coach.
I guess we look at the game differently. I look at it as:

I choose Auburn playbook - Gus Malzahn is my OC
I choose Oregon playbook - Chip Kelly is my Coach/OC

I wouldn't hire Mike Leach then tell him to run a power I offense.
Old 03-24-2011, 06:32 PM   #59
Banned

PatriotJames's Arena

OVR: 20

define "custom" playbooks. do they mean playbooks that are basically 100% team specific or does this mean we can create plays?

Well just thinking about it now makes me think we can choose the plays we want and save it as a playbook like madden had a long time ago before the playbook editor.

this just sounds like a feature thats old that theyre bringing back as new again. Hopefully thats a sign they are half way listening to us. There are bigger priorities but I know people have been begging for this for years. Hopefully they start bringing back the great things about the old NCAA games that made them great.

But, t's 2011, we should be flying in hovercrafts and completely off foreign oil so
Old 03-24-2011, 06:43 PM   #60
Hall Of Fame

illwill10's Arena

OVR: 31

Quote:
Originally Posted by PatriotJames
define "custom" playbooks. do they mean playbooks that are basically 100% team specific or does this mean we can create plays?

Well just thinking about it now makes me think we can choose the plays we want and save it as a playbook like madden had a long time ago before the playbook editor.

this just sounds like a feature thats old that theyre bringing back as new again.
That is what it is.
I would glad if they did bring half of the removed features back
Old 03-24-2011, 06:51 PM   #61
Banned

PatriotJames's Arena

Quote:
Originally Posted by illwill10
That is what it is.
I would glad if they did bring half of the removed features back
they probably will then just take the new ones back out then we'll be back at square 1 again lol.
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 03-25-2011, 07:52 AM   #62
MVP

blkrptnt819's Arena

OVR: 10

Quote:
Like i said before I'm for custom playbooks just not for ranked games. Having an on/off option for ranked games would split the community heavily in favor of custom playbooks. Part of being a good player is learning the in and outs of a playbook (just like real life). No one would "learn" team playbooks because you can just make your own. Anyways I'm sure they will put it in eventually but if they don't it won't bother me at all.

I guess we look at the game differently. I look at it as:

I choose Auburn playbook - Gus Malzahn is my OC
I choose Oregon playbook - Chip Kelly is my Coach/OC

I wouldn't hire Mike Leach then tell him to run a power I offense.
I play mostly dynasty so I can recruit players to run my system. I honest don't care rather u can use it online or not. I don't really play onlineand would have no problem using a standard playbook online. But for my dynasty I wanna have control of the plays I run.
Old 03-25-2011, 10:52 AM   #63
#HTownTakeover #YWCF

coogrfan's Arena

OVR: 27

Quote:
1. It's unrealistic - No team runs the spread, wishbone, pro, air attack all in the same playbook. Yes certain teams do have some sets but you wouldn't see Auburn running their spread offense and a power offense like Wisconsin in the same playbook.

2. It would eliminate playbook diversity. The whole point of "120 ways to win" is trumpeting the diversity found in the play styles of each playbook. The playbooks actually fit the style of each time, I love that. Custom playbooks online would boil down to everyone using the same 20 money plays halfway through the year.

3. Anyone not using a custom playbook would be at a disadvantage - See #2, using a normal playbook you wouldn't be able to pick and choose the "best" plays from each formation putting you at an immediate disadvantage in a competitive match.

4. It would turn an already offensive game into even more of shootout- Being able to create a playbook with the best offensive plays/sets in the game would lead to a huge increase in scoring. I use two playbook and if i could combine the best plays just form those two I don't think I would ever get stopped. Yes you can add created defenses but there are no where near as many effective "defensive money plays" as there are on offense.
Well said, I agree completely.
Old 03-25-2011, 04:12 PM   #64
Banned

PatriotJames's Arena

Quote:
Originally Posted by blkrptnt819
I play mostly dynasty so I can recruit players to run my system. I honest don't care rather u can use it online or not. I don't really play onlineand would have no problem using a standard playbook online. But for my dynasty I wanna have control of the plays I run.
110% AGREE

« Operation Sports Forums > Football > EA Sports College Football and NCAA Football »