Home

Something I wish NCAA 12 would have, but won't

This is a discussion on Something I wish NCAA 12 would have, but won't within the EA Sports College Football and NCAA Football forums.

Go Back   Operation Sports Forums > Football > EA Sports College Football and NCAA Football
MLB The Show 24 Review: Another Solid Hit for the Series
New Star GP Review: Old-School Arcade Fun
Where Are Our College Basketball Video Game Rumors?

Old 03-31-2011, 04:50 AM   #17
MVP

OVR: 11
Re: Something I wish NCAA 12 would have, but won't

Quote:
Originally Posted by Roggie
How about we just do it the true realistic way? Don't put people as a redshirt. Just take them out of the depth chart, and if they don't play all year, they receive a redshirt.
Horrible idea. Save for the few slots on the depth chart, I got no control whatsoever who the CPU puts in there. So, for example, if I'm playing a 3-3-5, I got 2 starting SS, and only 3 slots on the depth chart. So as soon as I need a 2nd replacement (which will happen often enough, obviously), the CPU will just pick the players to be subbed in, so the freshman safety I'd like to sit for a year will just be put in.

Giving a player a redshirt just states "don't put that player in there", nothing more, and you can always manually sub in a RS. You don't have to give a player a RS, if he doesn't play a down all year long, he'll get another year automatically (gotta remember that for players who you promise not to RS them, you have to put them in there at least for a snap, not giving them a RS in preseason isn't enough), the system is fine as it is.
Old 03-31-2011, 02:34 PM   #18
MVP

Roggie's Arena

OVR: 17

Quote:
Originally Posted by TheDelta
Horrible idea. Save for the few slots on the depth chart, I got no control whatsoever who the CPU puts in there. So, for example, if I'm playing a 3-3-5, I got 2 starting SS, and only 3 slots on the depth chart. So as soon as I need a 2nd replacement (which will happen often enough, obviously), the CPU will just pick the players to be subbed in, so the freshman safety I'd like to sit for a year will just be put in.

Giving a player a redshirt just states "don't put that player in there", nothing more, and you can always manually sub in a RS. You don't have to give a player a RS, if he doesn't play a down all year long, he'll get another year automatically (gotta remember that for players who you promise not to RS them, you have to put them in there at least for a snap, not giving them a RS in preseason isn't enough), the system is fine as it is.
I realize with the current depth chart, it's a bad idea. But if they set the depth chart up right, it would work fine. It's kind of one of those things where you want them to fix something else to make it work.
Chicago Bulls
Detroit Tigers
Detroit Red Wings
Detroit Lions

Old 03-31-2011, 02:42 PM   #19
MVP

OVR: 11

Quote:
Originally Posted by Roggie
I realize with the current depth chart, it's a bad idea. But if they set the depth chart up right, it would work fine.
No. At least, I don't see how they could set up the depth chart in a way that would make it work anything close to "fine" especially late in the games, I often found the CPU going so deep through the charts that there were WRs being subbed in at CB on especially long drives. Do you really think that making the depth chart for each position 8-10 players long is the way to go?

I still fail to see what you think is wrong with the current system. Is there anything negative with the redshirt designation? By declaring a player a redshirt, you simply make sure he doesn't play a snap unless you really want him to, what's wrong with that?
Old 03-31-2011, 02:47 PM   #20
MVP

Roggie's Arena

OVR: 17

Quote:
Originally Posted by TheDelta
No. At least, I don't see how they could set up the depth chart in a way that would make it work anything close to "fine" especially late in the games, I often found the CPU going so deep through the charts that there were WRs being subbed in at CB on especially long drives. Do you really think that making the depth chart for each position 8-10 players long is the way to go?

I still fail to see what you think is wrong with the current system. Is there anything negative with the redshirt designation? By declaring a player a redshirt, you simply make sure he doesn't play a snap unless you really want him to, what's wrong with that?
I never once said something is wrong with it. People were talking about making it more realistic and I listed the most realistic way possible. That's all I did.

And maybe it's just me, but I've yet to run into the whole WR's at CB for myself. Seen it for the CPU, but never for myself. It's because the CPU puts the same person as a backup on the depth chart at multiple positions. If you don't do that, it works fine.
Chicago Bulls
Detroit Tigers
Detroit Red Wings
Detroit Lions

« Operation Sports Forums > Football > EA Sports College Football and NCAA Football »