Home

NCAA Football 12 Video Interview - Visuals & Pylon Physics

This is a discussion on NCAA Football 12 Video Interview - Visuals & Pylon Physics within the EA Sports College Football and NCAA Football forums.

Go Back   Operation Sports Forums > Football > EA Sports College Football and NCAA Football
MLB The Show 24 Review: Another Solid Hit for the Series
New Star GP Review: Old-School Arcade Fun
Where Are Our College Basketball Video Game Rumors?

Old 03-24-2011, 09:46 PM   #65
MVP

OVR: 19
Re: NCAA Football 12 Video Interview - Visuals & Pylon Physics

Quote:
Originally Posted by Kaiser Wilhelm
I honestly would disagree with the bold part of your post. This game is 3 months and change away from release. (basing off last years release of mid-July.)

Right now I would say they are at the later stages of development. If you see those graphics, those are not alpha or even beta stage graphics. Not to mention that what they are planning to do as far as design is set in stone and could be released anytime they choose.

Simply put this is EA's marketing strategy, show off some pretty still shots, make a trailer video with no actual gameplay, and get sales because of the asthetic appearence of the game. I understand the art team and AI programmers are seperate but I would assume they syncronize a bit.

In my personal opinion, I would be relativly surprised if the game saw any of the major overhauls it needs to better represent the game of college football, as well as create an immersive, deep and fun dynasty mode.

Simple = Boring. (Simple as in plain or lacking depth, not as in lacking complication.)
Unfortunately, some folks don't want to accept this truth.

And if you say anything about Gameplay, they come at you like you don't know what your talking about and always look to try and make themselves seem "Smarty" in their replies.

With all the Hush-Hush, I always had this weird feeling that there was going to be a really heavy push with the Visuals.

This means there is something under-the-hood that they don't want people to know about.

But it's too early, eventhough what's in the game has already been finalized.

Get ready folks!

There's going to be some serious complaining come August.
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 03-24-2011, 09:49 PM   #66
MVP

blkrptnt819's Arena

OVR: 10

Quote:
Originally Posted by MachoFantastic
Hopefully they upgraded the windsock physics as well. That is a gamebreaker for me. Also they need to fix goalpost physics as well. When a football hits the goalpost there should be a slight vibration throughout the post, but of course EA refuses to acknowledge this. If they expect to sell any games this year then these are the issues they need to address.
Ur joking right?
Old 03-24-2011, 10:30 PM   #67
MVP

blkrptnt819's Arena

OVR: 10

Quote:
Originally Posted by Dr Death
Well, can you blame him after the grand announcement that was Season Showdown??? I won't get into specifics here, but that one really stunned... {read: IN A BAD WAY} the entire community... and, if I may say so... continues to do so to this day.

I would be so pleased if they announced they were eliminating that annoying feature where you get warned for throwing on 3rd and 26 when you're up 24-3 early in the 3rd period.

Do away w/ SS and EA will make the entire football playing community a much happier group!
I absolutely agree!!! I hear ppl wlling to sacrifice RTG but no one brings up season showdown. I don't get it. That stuff is terrible.
Old 03-24-2011, 10:39 PM   #68
Tradition Sports Online

RynoAid's Arena

OVR: 29

man o man, June/July can't get here quick enough....

TAKING APPLICATIONS NOW FOR CCM LEAGUES
Twitter: http://www.twitter.com/rynoaid
Old 03-24-2011, 10:45 PM   #69
Rookie

wims23's Arena

OVR: 0

To me, EA had a lot of momentum going into this week. But this video interview was just plain garbage.

I'll know if this game is a waste of money if "Pylon physics" is on the box art. Waste of time and money by EA.
Old 03-24-2011, 11:05 PM   #70
Rookie

OVR: 4

If there is one mention of "pylon physics" on the New features section of the back of the box, i am going to burn this mother down.
Old 03-24-2011, 11:18 PM   #71
Hall Of Fame

illwill10's Arena

OVR: 31

Quote:
Originally Posted by blkrptnt819
I absolutely agree!!! I hear ppl wlling to sacrifice RTG but no one brings up season showdown. I don't get it. That stuff is terrible.
I will defend RTG all the time. But I will never defend Season Showdown. I dont think I saw someone defend SS. I havent even saw it on the wishlist forum.
Alot of people defend RTG because almost every sports game has a "Be a Pro/Career" mode. Besides Madden "Be a Pro" which is horrible, Every one of them are playable and a good compliment.
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 03-25-2011, 12:36 AM   #72
MVP

poopoop's Arena

OVR: 4

Any word on whether or not the pylons can be knocked over by dreadlocks?

« Operation Sports Forums > Football > EA Sports College Football and NCAA Football »