Home

FCS schools in 2012??!!

This is a discussion on FCS schools in 2012??!! within the EA Sports College Football and NCAA Football forums.

Go Back   Operation Sports Forums > Football > EA Sports College Football and NCAA Football
MLB The Show 24 Review: Another Solid Hit for the Series
New Star GP Review: Old-School Arcade Fun
Where Are Our College Basketball Video Game Rumors?

Old 03-29-2011, 04:31 PM   #17
MVP

TDenverFan's Arena

OVR: 40
Re: FCS schools in 2012??!!

Quote:
Originally Posted by jeremym480

Classic.

I'm about to give them a ring to ask if the coaching carousel made it in.
EA Dude: Coaching carosel? I think some football teams have coaches, yeah.

You: But will a coaching carousel be in the game?

EA Dude: Sorry, this is NCAA Football. If you're looking for carousels, try Thrillville or Roller Coaster Tycoon. Thanks for calling, you're issues really matter to us!

No offense to any EA devs.
NCAA: The College of William and Mary Tribe

William and Mary Class of 2018!
Old 03-29-2011, 04:55 PM   #18
Pro

44drob's Arena

OVR: 27

Too funny !!!

GLORYERACLOTHING.COM
TRU2THA GAME
Old 03-29-2011, 05:37 PM   #19
#HTownTakeover #YWCF

coogrfan's Arena

OVR: 27

Quote:
Originally Posted by redsrulenc
So I called EA sports yesterday and here is how the phone call went.

Me: Hey, I have a question, will FCS schools be included in this year's addition of NCAA football 2012?

EA: Um, what?

Me: FCS...the football chamionship sub-division.

EA: Uhhhhh...well I THINK you can play with all 120 teams..

Me: I know that, I meant the FCS teams..will the be included?

EA: Please hold, I have to do some research on this sub-division you're talking about.

ME: (On hold, obviously this guy knows NOTHING about college football because it's clear to me he doesn't even know what the FCS is)

ten minutes later...

EA: Yes sir, I asked a few staff members here at EA, and I also did some "research online" and I don't see why the sub-divison teams wouldn't be on there..I THINK they will be on there but I'm not sure.

-----

Way to go EA. Hiring a guy for the college football game series who doesn't even know what the FCS is, and whether or not they'll be included. The staff member was stumbling as he answered and clearly had no clue what he was talking about. Once again, EA never fails to amaze me.
Don't get your hopes up, folks. The one guy who is supposed to know everything about the game his department works on has no clue what the FCS, or D1AA even is.
Uh-huh...

Old 03-29-2011, 05:48 PM   #20
Pro

rynecandy's Arena

OVR: 8

He's answering phones & probably brings them coffee....seriously doubt he knows anything about the game. Probably got work from a temp agency.

edit: would be funny if something about the game was actually disclosed by just calling them. Watch the game actually have the FCS schools.
Old 03-29-2011, 06:20 PM   #21
MVP

blkrptnt819's Arena

OVR: 10

Ok 2 things, that's hilarious and second what is the obsession with the FCS teams. Just get a thread on here where ppl decide how they are going to judge talent and yall make the FCS teams. I don't want that taking up space from 85 rosters or something.
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 03-29-2011, 08:01 PM   #22
MVP

berad88's Arena

OVR: 10

I am sure there will be FCS teams. However, they will be the same generic FCS teams that we been seeing. Real FCS teams are important to have in the game because many teams play at least 1 FCS team a season. It would not be a disk space issue if both consoles used blue ray but since they don't we will probably have to wait until the next generation of consoles to hope for this feature and continue to see generic FCS teams show up on the schedule which is something that teambuilder can not fix.
Old 03-29-2011, 08:28 PM   #23
MVP

Kaiser Wilhelm's Arena

OVR: 8

I am not a fan of an FCS school, but FCS schools play a role in the FBS. There is no way in hell VT will lose the FCS whatever in this game.

The other thing is that they were in the game previously. I believe the count was 81 teams. The thing is a team like Appalachian State could realistically compete with some of the Big East and Non-BCS schools. Heck they beat the University of Michigan, before the Rich Rod catastrophy.

George Mason beat Virginia Tech this year.

Teambuilder does not do justice. Teambuilder is for creating lower division schools, or high schools or just some fake school from your imagination, not for Division 1 schools.
If anybody is interested in a "spiritual successor to the socom franchise, check out this thread.
Old 03-29-2011, 08:45 PM   #24
MVP

bigdoc85's Arena

OVR: 22

Yes -- I'm sure I will create William & Mary next year again -- at least I know my roster is probably more accurate than EA would make it. The only thing that isn't perfect are the ratings. I usually just take the "Average Joe" template and then make a few tweaks. At least that way my team is good enough to compete at some level with the FBS schools. To be honest, William & Mary can compete with a lot of FBS schools (actually led UNC last year for much of that game).

Quote:
Originally Posted by redsrulenc
Mr. Magic- Improvements in teambuilder would be nice as well. I'd rather have the FCS schools because in teambuilder all I do is create/download the FCS teams anyway, so I guess I'll just have to stick to that for another year

« Operation Sports Forums > Football > EA Sports College Football and NCAA Football »