Home

NCAA Football 12 - Pre-Order Nike Pro Combat Bonuses and Enhanced Tackling Engine

This is a discussion on NCAA Football 12 - Pre-Order Nike Pro Combat Bonuses and Enhanced Tackling Engine within the EA Sports College Football and NCAA Football forums.

Go Back   Operation Sports Forums > Football > EA Sports College Football and NCAA Football
MLB The Show 24 Review: Another Solid Hit for the Series
New Star GP Review: Old-School Arcade Fun
Where Are Our College Basketball Video Game Rumors?

Old 04-23-2011, 07:20 PM   #145
MVP

poopoop's Arena

OVR: 4
Re: NCAA Football 12 - Pre-Order Nike Pro Combat Bonuses and Enhanced Tackling Engine

Quote:
Originally Posted by TajDeni
Also i think alot of ppl are talking about the principles of it because its just like if we let this slide, then where will it end. It is said that a person should treat small problems as big problems and big problems as small problems. So you fix the dam at the 1st signs of a crack when its still managable, not when the water is already flowing out; i wont insult anyones intelligence by breaking it down further than that

another thing is I personally dont understand the group of folks that are arguing for EA/GS. If ppl dont like said tactics let them voice there opinion and maybe things will get changed. Mostly likely not thru posting on a board. But if for example everyone who didnt like said practices didnt purchase the game for say a 2wks (thats about how long it takes for the rosters to come out) then these types of practices could possibly come to an end. At the end of the day ppl have to speak with their wallets in order to change these types of practices, but it wont happen because we as a society always have to have things asap. Seems, ADD just morphs as you transition from childhood to adulthood.
Exactly.

And I agree that money talks. If I end up buying the game there's a 0% chance that I preorder it from gamestop, or buy DLC for procombat uniforms if/when EA starts trying to sell it. It won't help though because I already know a ton of other people will.

If EA sees a bunch of people flock to gamestop and preorder it's only going to lead to them making more deals like this in the future. From microtransactions, to online pass, to hinting that they're going to start adding a subscription service (http://www.pastapadre.com/2011/04/22...iption-service) and backroom deals with gamestop it's just too much.
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 04-24-2011, 10:52 AM   #146
Banned

OVR: 7
Re: NCAA Football 12 - Pre-Order Nike Pro Combat Bonuses and Enhanced Tackling Engine

Quote:
Originally Posted by JerseySuave4
ive never really noticed that the game isn't sealed. I mean, i'm sure i noticed when i bought the game and went to open it but when i first read this response i thought to myself, "don't they sell the games sealed up?" Especially after the other guy talked about buying a sealed game with no disc inside.

But now that i think about it anytime i've bought something with a preorder it wasn't sealed and they opened the case to make sure the code card was in there which in one way is, like you say, wrong that they are selling you an unsealed game but on the other hand does make sure you dont have the problem the other person had when he bought a sealed game with no disc inside.

I have no problem with them letting their workers play the games or something like that (just as long as it isn't one they are going to then sell to the customer) because when i worked at a restuarant i got to try the food (again not the food they were then going to give to customers), and other jobs you can test out the products. The same person who talked about buying a sealed game with no disc inside went on to say he was playing Mortal Kombat before it was released so it isn't like Wal Mart or Best Buy or these other places don't do the same things.

I do know ive bought games from Gamestop that were sealed but i do also remember sometimes the person selling me the game opening the case to make sure the game and preorder code was in there.
I'd be fine with it if they were opening it in front of me. Problem is, they don't. I've watched them take the game disc out of a drawer and put it into the game case. It's one thing if they're opening a sealed product in front of you. Then I could buy the "we're just checking to make sure the preorder code is in there" excuse. But when the game has been opened and they physically take the disc out and put it in a drawer? I'm sorry I'm not down with that.
Old 04-24-2011, 12:20 PM   #147
Banned

JerseySuave4's Arena

OVR: 23

Quote:
Originally Posted by Mr5000
I'd be fine with it if they were opening it in front of me. Problem is, they don't. I've watched them take the game disc out of a drawer and put it into the game case. It's one thing if they're opening a sealed product in front of you. Then I could buy the "we're just checking to make sure the preorder code is in there" excuse. But when the game has been opened and they physically take the disc out and put it in a drawer? I'm sorry I'm not down with that.
you're right that happened to me once now that i think about it although the guy had said they were all out until he looked in the drawer, found a disc and put it in an empty case. I guess it never really bothered me as long as the game works ok. But to each their own and if its something that bothers you then theres nothing wrong with that either.
Old 04-24-2011, 08:06 PM   #148
Rookie

OVR: 2

Quote:
"NCAA Football 12 takes the journey of the college athlete to the next level of depth and authenticity. Experience the pride and pageantry of gameday Saturday like never before as you go from high school superstar to top college player to head coach in Road to Glory and Dynasty modes."
This is what I'm focused on. I don't care about some unis. Just give me coaching carousel

« Operation Sports Forums > Football > EA Sports College Football and NCAA Football »