Home

NCAA Football 12 Hands-On With Improved Zone Defense And New Tackling Engine (TSO)

This is a discussion on NCAA Football 12 Hands-On With Improved Zone Defense And New Tackling Engine (TSO) within the EA Sports College Football and NCAA Football forums.

Go Back   Operation Sports Forums > Football > EA Sports College Football and NCAA Football
MLB The Show 24 Review: Another Solid Hit for the Series
New Star GP Review: Old-School Arcade Fun
Where Are Our College Basketball Video Game Rumors?

Old 04-21-2011, 08:38 PM   #33
EA Game Changer

OVR: 3
Re: NCAA Football 12: Hands on with improved zone defense and new tackling engine (TS

I'm glad that zone coverages got a work over. Long overdue.
Twitter: @Drifterbub
Old 04-21-2011, 09:14 PM   #34
Rookie

OVR: 0
Re: NCAA Football 12: Hands on with improved zone defense and new tackling engine (TS

IDK, they can fix anything that EA wants to but I fear the same thing as others have said, they need to have the ratings mean something. Just like last year they claimed that with the new "locomotion" that speed and acceleration would mean something yet my DL picks up a fumbled ball on the 50 and nobody can catch him. lol Same thing with receptions, receivers catches the ball behind the DB and then they always run stride for stride or the DB always misses the leaping tackle. My point is EA always says that someting matters and then one gets the game just to find out it's still basically the same. I have to wait and see clips first this year. Like others have said it's nice if EA really fixed the zone coverage but not at the cost of every DB looking like Charles Woodson. Otherwise we're back to square one and this is why EA needs to figure out how to get ratings to really mean something.
Old 04-21-2011, 09:28 PM   #35
MVP

PaperBoyx703's Arena

OVR: 22

Quote:
Originally Posted by Go Blue Rules
IDK, they can fix anything that EA wants to but I fear the same thing as others have said, they need to have the ratings mean something. Just like last year they claimed that with the new "locomotion" that speed and acceleration would mean something yet my DL picks up a fumbled ball on the 50 and nobody can catch him. lol Same thing with receptions, receivers catches the ball behind the DB and then they always run stride for stride or the DB always misses the leaping tackle. My point is EA always says that someting matters and then one gets the game just to find out it's still basically the same. I have to wait and see clips first this year. Like others have said it's nice if EA really fixed the zone coverage but not at the cost of every DB looking like Charles Woodson. Otherwise we're back to square one and this is why EA needs to figure out how to get ratings to really mean something.
Locomotion had to do with change in direction. Like running full speed and making a 90 degree turns will cause you to lose momentum. Speed and Acc mattered because those with high ratings could regain that moment quicker than ones with lower ratings in those fields.

As far as the D linemen running fast and no one catching them.That wasnt locomotion that was speed threshold. You need to lower that value to make the speed and accel reflect the actual rating in the game. anywhere from 0-30 was good area to have it. Mines was at 0 mostly.
YouTube: TBD
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 04-21-2011, 10:01 PM   #36
Rookie

OVR: 0

Quote:
Originally Posted by l_XaVo7o3_l
Locomotion had to do with change in direction. Like running full speed and making a 90 degree turns will cause you to lose momentum. Speed and Acc mattered because those with high ratings could regain that moment quicker than ones with lower ratings in those fields.

As far as the D linemen running fast and no one catching them.That wasnt locomotion that was speed threshold. You need to lower that value to make the speed and accel reflect the actual rating in the game. anywhere from 0-30 was good area to have it. Mines was at 0 mostly.
EERRRRR, I replied once but I lost my internet connection so this will be shorter than my first reply. Anyways, thank you for the clarification. I'm still hoping that there'll be a happy medium and it's not totally impossible for even the best DBs get burnt once in a while. Go Blue!!!
Old 04-21-2011, 10:35 PM   #37
MVP

OVR: 38

Quote:
Originally Posted by sportyguyfl31
I almost spewed on myself when I read this:

"This year, defenders will play more realistically inside their assignment. They aggressively pick up players who enter their zones, playing with leverage and using realistic angles to better defend against a pass to a WR inside their assigned area. Defenders will also communicate and point out WR’s to their teammates as they leave and enter different areas of the defense. The defense plays as a more cohesive unit instead of each player appearing to be on an island just defending their area."
This is the funniest thing I have ever read on here
Old 04-21-2011, 10:57 PM   #38
MVP

PaperBoyx703's Arena

OVR: 22

Quote:
Originally Posted by Go Blue Rules
EERRRRR, I replied once but I lost my internet connection so this will be shorter than my first reply. Anyways, thank you for the clarification. I'm still hoping that there'll be a happy medium and it's not totally impossible for even the best DBs get burnt once in a while. Go Blue!!!
No problem. Maize n Blue could use a nice defensive boost anyways. Go Blue.
YouTube: TBD
Old 04-21-2011, 11:14 PM   #39
Rookie

OVR: 1

Quote:
Originally Posted by Seanzie
I'm just concerned that Arkansas State will play the zone defense just as well as Oklahoma. Hopefully this isn't the case, but too often in NCAA 11 did I see 65 OVR CBs sticking my 88 OVR WRs.
Or OLBs keeping up with slot receivers, even when they were no where near as fast as the slot receiver?
Old 04-22-2011, 10:13 AM   #40
Tradition Sports Online

RynoAid's Arena

OVR: 29
Re: NCAA Football 12 Hands-On With Improved Zone Defense And New Tackling Engine (TSO

ratings still are a main driving force. It was much easier to move the football against Idaho than it was Alabama.. no doubt about it.

TAKING APPLICATIONS NOW FOR CCM LEAGUES
Twitter: http://www.twitter.com/rynoaid

« Operation Sports Forums > Football > EA Sports College Football and NCAA Football »