Home

I AM UNBELIEVABLY EXCITED ABOUT NCAA 12

This is a discussion on I AM UNBELIEVABLY EXCITED ABOUT NCAA 12 within the EA Sports College Football and NCAA Football forums.

Go Back   Operation Sports Forums > Football > EA Sports College Football and NCAA Football
MLB The Show 24 Review: Another Solid Hit for the Series
New Star GP Review: Old-School Arcade Fun
Where Are Our College Basketball Video Game Rumors?

Old 04-21-2011, 01:08 PM   #17
Rookie

HuskAir's Arena

OVR: 5
Re: I AM UNBELIEVABLY EXCITED ABOUT NCAA 12

I'm trying not to get excited for it... every year I get excited, thinking the game is going to be the greatest ever. EA flaunts upgrades/ new exciting features, which usually come through. However, for every feature that comes through for us, they usually let us down with a big disappointment, in some other portion of the gameplay/ presentation. So...we'll see how it turns out... ::fingers crossed::
Old 04-21-2011, 01:50 PM   #18
MVP

PaperBoyx703's Arena

OVR: 22

Quote:
Originally Posted by poopoop
Well for starters I'm pretty sure the concept of players having to see the ball in order to make a play on it has already been replicated in football games to certain extents.

I understand games will never be perfect...but I don't think it's unrealistic at all to expect a game where linebackers aren't able to make plays on balls they can't see. When you throw a pass and a lb makes some unnatural 180 degree spin as soon as you release the ball, then jumps super high into the air to swat it down... it's just too much. Game relies too heavily on psychic players, from route mirroring to the CPU knowing your playcall...on and on.
But really do you have a problem when your controlling a linebacker or a cpu controlled player on your team does the same thing? Im sure youve hit the swat button when trailing with a linebacker, or any position, and came up with that same result do you complain like "aww man that wasnt real how did my player see it?, i should of strafed and THEN swatted the ball." That will never get corrected because realistically speaking the user controlled teams wouldnt be able to do those things either. The physic stuff was fixed "slightly" with tuners and the right sliders where one play they wouldnt jump any routes then if you run it again then the cpu would jump it(especially slant plays). In pro football//college the elite or good DBs can jump routes easily through film study(scouting) and even eyes, body position(hips) etc. But the game isnt that immersive so it doesnt seem like it should be like that in the game. When if it was that immersive where the cpu could scout you it would all make sense. So the physic stuff is really filling a whole in the game that could potentially make it a great strategy game if the scouting aspect is implemented. Like in Madden 09 or some year, where it scouted the top three plays(percentile) you ran the most. That was availible online too.

As far as the super 180 crap yes its annoying. Can it lose games? Yes, then avoid throwing over the zoning or spying LB. And the super LB wont exist.

And what were those games where that it was replicated in?I havent played or heard one football game where you had to see the ball to make a play.
YouTube: TBD
Old 04-21-2011, 01:51 PM   #19
Air Raid

Dr Death's Arena

OVR: 17

Check out this quote from The Gaming Tailgate and the guys who played it last week...

Quote:
"In the tournament last week, I played RynoAid and lost 7-3. He was Oklahoma, I was Alabama. Neither one of us could mount drives against the other's defense. For comparison's sake, last year he defeated me in the tourney 27-14, most notably by running with the QB. That didn't work for either of us against OU/Bama."

« Operation Sports Forums > Football > EA Sports College Football and NCAA Football »