Home

Anybody concerned about future gameplay announcements?

This is a discussion on Anybody concerned about future gameplay announcements? within the EA Sports College Football and NCAA Football forums.

Go Back   Operation Sports Forums > Football > EA Sports College Football and NCAA Football
MLB The Show 24 Review: Another Solid Hit for the Series
New Star GP Review: Old-School Arcade Fun
Where Are Our College Basketball Video Game Rumors?

Old 04-22-2011, 11:25 AM   #1
MVP

OVR: 15
Anybody concerned about future gameplay announcements?

Many of the community members who have had some hands on time with the game say there are several other "big" announcements to come.

Are any of these "big announcements" going to be gameplay related? I am a little worried because I know last year they announced locomotion and new run blocking as one of the first big announcements. Then that was pretty much all the big news we got in the gameplay department. This year they announced new tackling and better zone defense as the first big announcements.

Is anybody else a little concerned that there may not be much more to share as far as gameplay is concerned?
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 04-22-2011, 11:29 AM   #2
All Star

georgiafan's Arena

OVR: 12
Re: Anybody concerned about future gameplay announcements?

Quote:
Originally Posted by ch46647
Many of the community members who have had some hands on time with the game say there are several other "big" announcements to come.

Are any of these "big announcements" going to be gameplay related? I am a little worried because I know last year they announced locomotion and new run blocking as one of the first big announcements. Then that was pretty much all the big news we got in the gameplay department. This year they announced new tackling and better zone defense as the first big announcements.

Is anybody else a little concerned that there may not be much more to share as far as gameplay is concerned?

The other big news will be about dynasty, online dynasty or teambuilder.
Old 04-22-2011, 11:30 AM   #3
MVP

OVR: 15

I am hoping to hear about: (Or atleast a few of these things)

-Better WR/DB interaction
-Improved pass blocking
-Improved pass rush (Actual pocket forming with DE's rushing UP the field)
-Better passing (Ball velocity, ability to put touch on the ball, route based passing)
-Foot planting (This game feels very "floaty". I would love to see them add realistic footplanting technology like FIFA or several other games have)
-Greater seperation in players (Ratings that actually matter besides speed)
-Special Teams Improvements (All across the board)
-Realistic QB play and QB movement (Remove the ability to sprint backwards and turn away from the -recievers and just turn and chuck a perfect pass)
-Better run blocking in the second and third levels
- Continue to improve on locomotion in the game. (Locomotion seems to be spotty. It usually works for the player you are controlling but other players on the field it does not apply to at all)
- Realistic ball physics (Make the football react appropriately to tips, fumbles, drops etc. Right now it just spins in a wierd way and drops like it full of lead)
-Smoother animations and better running animations. (Play the PS2 version of Madden and NCAA and you will see what I mean about smoother gameplay)

I think the presentation improvements sound great. But these are important things that a football game needs to get right.

Last edited by ch46647; 04-22-2011 at 11:42 AM.
Old 04-22-2011, 11:31 AM   #4
Speak it into existence

jeremym480's Arena

OVR: 39

Quote:
Originally Posted by ch46647

No

Alabama Crimson Tide
Green Bay Packers
Boston Celtics

New Orleans Pelicans
Old 04-22-2011, 11:33 AM   #5
Pro

OVR: 11

sounds to me that your expectations are a little high.... this is ea we're talking about
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 04-22-2011, 11:34 AM   #6
Rookie

Catamount53's Arena

OVR: 1

Well the blog from yesterday was gameplay pt. 1 so no.
Old 04-22-2011, 11:41 AM   #7
Stay thirsty my friends

goalieump413's Arena

OVR: 12

Short of a few tweaks so far not covered in the announcements, I think the gameplay sounds solid. I'm hoping the "big announcements" include a rebuilt campus legend mode, and a deeper player progression system for dynasty and CL.

-crosses fingers-
Old 04-22-2011, 11:45 AM   #8
Hall Of Fame

illwill10's Arena

OVR: 31

Quote:
Originally Posted by goalieump413
Short of a few tweaks so far not covered in the announcements, I think the gameplay sounds solid. I'm hoping the "big announcements" include a rebuilt campus legend mode, and a deeper player progression system for dynasty and CL.

-crosses fingers-
That is what I am hoping. I have a feeling that RTG will be improved. I am hoping that Deeper player progression for both modes. I hope that recruiting is greatly improved and editable. Recruiting is 80% of my Dynasty.

« Operation Sports Forums > Football > EA Sports College Football and NCAA Football »