Home

my 2 Cents on EA and the next gen thing...(long read)

This is a discussion on my 2 Cents on EA and the next gen thing...(long read) within the EA Sports College Football and NCAA Football forums.

Go Back   Operation Sports Forums > Football > EA Sports College Football and NCAA Football
MLB The Show 24 Review: Another Solid Hit for the Series
New Star GP Review: Old-School Arcade Fun
Where Are Our College Basketball Video Game Rumors?

Old 04-22-2011, 07:25 PM   #1
Rookie

OVR: 6
my 2 Cents on EA and the next gen thing...(long read)

Since most of you don't know me, you probably wouldnt know that im a stickler for details...especially the little ones. At the same time...I dont complain and say im not going to buy a game because they dont have my fav teams mascot's eye colors correct (joke). Here is my thing though...

The developers at EA for NCAA Football are doing good, but I guess im a perfectionist and maybe its just some things I dont understand about their abilities...but why is it that some of the simplest things that can boost your game continue to be absent? Im 27 and started playing video games @ 4, thats 23 yrs (24 in july) that ive been playing video games. Now I remember playing Bill Walsh back in the day (i would play with hawaii because my brother was the starting qb) and seeing highlights from other games even back then! Then you see things in nfl2k8 like sports center weekly show...things in collegehoops2k8 like weekly show, half time reports, pre season show, tourny show, etc...and even ncaa basketball 10 had dual station presentation which even with the 2nd rate gameplay kept me more than interested! While gameplay is important...the prettier the package...the happier the person is...period! This is why people will pay more for certain shoes knowing they dont help you do jack! With all this being said...why is it that EA is not imputting these things into their games. Even things as simple as CC! And with most of these things being in games on next gen consoles...are they just not researching what other sports games are doing? or they just dont care? They could make a shell of a weekly show with using highlights only from user games on online dynasty and commentary which even if repetitive...would be worth it because we are able to see what other teams are doing in our dynasty and makes things interesting.

Another dope idea...why not bring in some epsn analysts and tie them in with their alumni...show cut scenes before games or even during halftime where they are talking to the team in the team uni...and a commentator talks about (say for instance andre ware is visiting houston or herbstreit is visiting ohio st) how ________ came back to visit to give a speech before this big game. Little things like that is what makes it all bigger! Make it to where you can only wear certain unis for certain games...or if you are doing good your AD says "for going on a 5 game streak, we will be wearing our blk alternates tonight to get the crowd into it" or something! Im very creative and have tons of thoughts...i even wrote 2 music videos...one for an artist on cash money...so this is why i think so deeply into things... i just wish EA would take the time out to do it themselves!
Www.usba.freeforums.net USA #1 SIM 2K LG ON PS4!

WWW.SOUTHERNTURNUPS.COM

Last edited by LBFitted; 04-22-2011 at 07:28 PM.
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 04-22-2011, 07:38 PM   #2
Rookie

Re: my 2 Cents on EA and the next gen thing...(long read)

few more thoughts i had that i posted in another thread for dynasty things to include and more

dynasty mode wise...main screen would be a 1st person view from coaches desk in his office...office size and "glamour" changes with what school you are at...so if you start at texas in your online dynasty you will have a nice office..but if u you get fired and your next choice is say north texas...you will have a much more humble office. In front of you is the Cpu (menu) where you can do everything from. I would try and link up with youtube and even have a part of the menu where dynasty highlights can be viewed from their as well as inputing recruiting videos of athletes you are recruiting (using the RTG hs color/gameplay) template so you can view the type of plays your player makes, etc. I would also have about 20-30 people who are willing to give their rights to the game (probably enough espn people who will) to be alumni who return and give speeches before big games for certain teams (ie desmond howard for michigan)
I would have cut scenes pregame outside of stadiums showing the crazy fans in the parking lot or cheering outside with the college game day crew (even if you dont have college game day fully)
also player interviews at the end of games like on madden 11. field storming for upsets! players stepping off the bus....rosters you can export and import to madden from online dynasty

WWW.SOUTHERNTURNUPS.COM
Old 04-22-2011, 07:55 PM   #3
MVP

OVR: 16

Great thread and ideas. I share the same views and vision as you in regards to Ea and their football games. No reason why we shouldn't have some of thee things you mentioned in this series.
Old 04-22-2011, 07:58 PM   #4
Rookie

hkwforAUTigers's Arena

OVR: 1

Great ideas, I am loving every single one of them. While these things are all great, they also need to fix small things like adding gameplanning and even something as simple as a spring game.
I wish they would add customizable things such as ability to increase stadium size if your team is doing well, or having a budget to go with your football program to hire coordinaters and really make the CC tick. A team like Duke will have less money to spend on coaches, recruiting trips, stadium upgrades, etc. I know this seems like complicated stuff, but I would love to have a dynasty as deep as this.

Great ideas, EA should hire you for sure!
Old 04-22-2011, 08:10 PM   #5
Rookie

Quote:
Originally Posted by hkwforAUTigers
Great ideas, I am loving every single one of them. While these things are all great, they also need to fix small things like adding gameplanning and even something as simple as a spring game.
I wish they would add customizable things such as ability to increase stadium size if your team is doing well, or having a budget to go with your football program to hire coordinaters and really make the CC tick. A team like Duke will have less money to spend on coaches, recruiting trips, stadium upgrades, etc. I know this seems like complicated stuff, but I would love to have a dynasty as deep as this.

Great ideas, EA should hire you for sure!
thanks, and yea i wish lol i wouldnt quit my job for it but i sure would like to be able to send input, have them input stuff and get a check from it lol that would be SWEEEEET haha plus gettin the game early for life would be nice haha

WWW.SOUTHERNTURNUPS.COM
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 04-22-2011, 08:38 PM   #6
Rookie

hkwforAUTigers's Arena

Quote:
Originally Posted by LBFitted
thanks, and yea i wish lol i wouldnt quit my job for it but i sure would like to be able to send input, have them input stuff and get a check from it lol that would be SWEEEEET haha plus gettin the game early for life would be nice haha
I wish that they took more of what we said seriously..... after all they wouldnt have jobs if it not for us, the buyers. While they listen to some of it, they do not do nearly enough. New lighting is nice, but everyone everywhere just wants a simple chaingang.... If they listened and put in little things like what you mentioned above, the game would be SO much better.
Old 04-22-2011, 09:12 PM   #7
Rookie

Quote:
Originally Posted by hkwforAUTigers
I wish that they took more of what we said seriously..... after all they wouldnt have jobs if it not for us, the buyers. While they listen to some of it, they do not do nearly enough. New lighting is nice, but everyone everywhere just wants a simple chaingang.... If they listened and put in little things like what you mentioned above, the game would be SO much better.
i agree...like it used to kill me that they had stupid games like the mascott stuff...like seriously? thats a waste of disk space. and people said they did it to cater to the non sim, young, have fun market...but if ur gonna control 100% of the market anyway...you dont have to cater to the minority...cater to the people who sit on these boards and think about the game...that will spend their last dime on this game...that come out at midnight to get it...not people who jus buy it and dont even understand the game...if they put in the things that make college football what it is 1st...which is the presentation, tradition, recruiting..all these things as the base...they could have improved on gameplay each yr...instead they gotta jus do a lil of both each yr cus they never laid the foundation of realism.

WWW.SOUTHERNTURNUPS.COM
Old 04-22-2011, 11:17 PM   #8
Rookie

hkwforAUTigers's Arena

Quote:
Originally Posted by LBFitted
i agree...like it used to kill me that they had stupid games like the mascott stuff...like seriously? thats a waste of disk space. and people said they did it to cater to the non sim, young, have fun market...but if ur gonna control 100% of the market anyway...you dont have to cater to the minority...cater to the people who sit on these boards and think about the game...that will spend their last dime on this game...that come out at midnight to get it...not people who jus buy it and dont even understand the game...if they put in the things that make college football what it is 1st...which is the presentation, tradition, recruiting..all these things as the base...they could have improved on gameplay each yr...instead they gotta jus do a lil of both each yr cus they never laid the foundation of realism.
precisely. couldnt have been closer to my opinion if you read my mind.

« Operation Sports Forums > Football > EA Sports College Football and NCAA Football »