Home

how i think coaching carousel should be implemented

This is a discussion on how i think coaching carousel should be implemented within the EA Sports College Football and NCAA Football forums.

Go Back   Operation Sports Forums > Football > EA Sports College Football and NCAA Football
MLB The Show 24 Review: Another Solid Hit for the Series
New Star GP Review: Old-School Arcade Fun
Where Are Our College Basketball Video Game Rumors?

Old 04-25-2011, 03:00 PM   #9
Pro

Special27K's Arena

OVR: 9
Re: how i think coaching carousel should be implemented

There needs to more of difference between "Head Coach Aspirations" (HCA) and "Loyalty". Right now, the way I've understood, it sounds like the difference is low "Loyalty" means just more likely to move laterally through the coaching ranks. As for HCA, if it were high would that mean there's no way they'd take a OC/DC job? Medium only likely for BCS OC/DC jobs?

Charisma is simple and doesn't need anything else in my opinion.

Age/Career Lifespan: There needs to be some way we can give coaches varying career lengths. Not everyone will coach till their 70's. Those are fairly rare. Most average should call it somewhere in the 60's. Some possibly 40's even.

Coaching Goals: Help with the Loyalty aspect possibly, what do they want to do? Obviously they all want to win. Just need something else with that aspect of coaches.

I just want to help flesh out the idea, the more complete and more ideas we have the more I think it helps out EA to "tweak" and/or nail the features we want.
Old 04-25-2011, 03:05 PM   #10
Pro

Special27K's Arena

Quote:
Originally Posted by pinolian
My problem has always been that after 3 seasons or so I am bored. But with something like this, I could really see myself playing more, even with a team that I have established as a power.

If the OC or DC leaves, I need a replacement. I not only need a replacement, but I also need one that uses the same philosophies as I currently do, or i will have to implement a painful change, such as going from a 4-3 to a 3-4, or power running game to a West Coast offense.

To make it 'painful' you could do this: players could "lose awareness" when a New OC or DC is brought in that has a different philosophy than the previous coach. After the 1st year in the system, the players would gain a substantial boost to get back to where they would have been had the coaching change not occurred.

Imagine what happens when your OC leaves to coach his own program, and your QB transfers? Turmoil.. which is good, it keeps the game interesting!

To build on this even more, you could also require players to have a preferred coaching philosophy, which could help drive what schools they prefer to play at. ( ie larger, technically sound wide receivers play "better" in a West coast offense, and would prefer to play in that system etc)

good job, OP
Changing OC/DC philosophy should be somewhere between a 2-10 AWR hit. Something that could effect players OVR 0-3 points. (AWR's impact on OVR depends on position)

HC/OC/DC "Charisma" rating should impact the likeliness of some players transfer when they leave, possibly following the coach in a lateral coaching move. The incoming HC/OC/DC "Charisma" rating should also convince those players to stay.
Old 04-25-2011, 03:55 PM   #11
Rookie

89OneHanded's Arena

OVR: 1

This thread is excellent, great OP, and good follow ups so far. I sincerely hope everything that has been talked about in this thread is implemented to some degree into 2012...of course, now I'm getting ahead of myself, we don't even know yet if CC is in 12.

Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 04-25-2011, 04:01 PM   #12
MVP

blkrptnt819's Arena

OVR: 10

I can get with this CC as long as my custom playbooks are tied to the school bc if I lose my OC AND my custom playbook. I will lose my mind!!!!

If you can't tell I LOVE DUKE!!!!!!!!
Old 04-25-2011, 04:18 PM   #13
Rookie

OVR: 1

Quote:
Originally Posted by blkrptnt819
I can get with this CC as long as my custom playbooks are tied to the school bc if I lose my OC AND my custom playbook. I will lose my mind!!!!
this is probably what will happen; then a tuner will be sent out to fix it but will cause all of your recruits to follow the coaches when they leave or something to that effect (j/k)

this is a good thread with great ideas! if any of it makes it into the game it will be an upgrade!
Old 04-25-2011, 04:23 PM   #14
Pro

Special27K's Arena

Quote:
Originally Posted by blkrptnt819
Custom Playbooks most certainly would be a separately saved file

But, I think depending on the specialty between HC/OC and your playbook should reflect on the Coaching/Player Rating "Bonus". You still have the freedom to run whatever you choose despite what your HC/OC is knowledgeable of. Possibly even a slight drop in AWR.

Example

Head Coach - Pro-Style Savvy
Primary Position - Running Backs
+2 Strength
+2 Ball Carrier Vision
+2 Trucking

Playbook - Air Raid

You wouldn't get your "Coaching Bonus" and result in a -2 AWR

There has to be some negative to not hiring to strengths/coach tendencies in my mind otherwise there's only gain from the tendencies. A Pro-Style/Run Heavy coach wouldn't be able to just jump right into an Air Raid system without some kind of bumps in the road.
Old 04-25-2011, 04:52 PM   #15
Pro

OVR: 3

Great thread!
Attach some more individualized coaching sliders as well, to differentiate a spread offence that passes and runs the spread option. As it is now, it seems the CPU just calls plays either run or pass, based on their slider. Yet nothing is really triggering the CPU to run the option out of the spread. You see some option plays here and there, but not what you would IRL. There needs to be some weight in the playcalling by the CPU.
The more options we have that are editable the better experience we will get out of the game.
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 04-25-2011, 06:24 PM   #16
MVP

OVR: 38

This thread is just beautiful.

« Operation Sports Forums > Football > EA Sports College Football and NCAA Football »