Home

Dynasty Idea - Signing Day Showdown

This is a discussion on Dynasty Idea - Signing Day Showdown within the EA Sports College Football and NCAA Football forums.

Go Back   Operation Sports Forums > Football > EA Sports College Football and NCAA Football
MLB The Show 24 Review: Another Solid Hit for the Series
New Star GP Review: Old-School Arcade Fun
Where Are Our College Basketball Video Game Rumors?

Old 04-25-2011, 12:27 PM   #9
Rookie

OVR: 3
Re: Dynasty Idea - Signing Day Showdown

I think both of the ideas above are pretty solid, but here's an idea how about EA hide user points standings on the recruit points breakdown (for online dynasty of course) still list say for instance a top 10 of (the numbering system would be scrapped but teams would still no that they made the top 10:
ex.
Texas(active user) -300
Bama(other user)
TCU(other user)
Florida(other user)
TAMU(other user)
OU(other user)
TT -900
LSU -950
UA -1000
FSU -1250

As I typed this I know maybe it could be a bit misleading but basically incorporate some type of surprise for users who are recruiting the same player by not letting the other users know exactly how far ahead/behind they are(if they really want SAID recruit then they will keep recruiting or if they feel they don't have a chance they will move on. Too ofter in all of the ODs that I am have been and/or are currently in other users will just recruit SAID recruit for the sake of him not going to another school not because of need. As mentioned above atleast in head to head battles with users this would add to the surprise IMO that recruiting is in real life. I also believe that this method of recruiting would help to balance the talent (unless you become a "snake oil salesman" in recruiting). Just a thought as I was reading this thread don't mean to hijack.
Old 04-25-2011, 12:39 PM   #10
Pro

WolverinesFinest's Arena

OVR: 14

Quote:
Originally Posted by thescorpio1985
I think both of the ideas above are pretty solid, but here's an idea how about EA hide user points standings on the recruit points breakdown (for online dynasty of course) still list say for instance a top 10 of (the numbering system would be scrapped but teams would still no that they made the top 10:
ex.
Texas(active user) -300
Bama(other user)
TCU(other user)
Florida(other user)
TAMU(other user)
OU(other user)
TT -900
LSU -950
UA -1000
FSU -1250

As I typed this I know maybe it could be a bit misleading but basically incorporate some type of surprise for users who are recruiting the same player by not letting the other users know exactly how far ahead/behind they are(if they really want SAID recruit then they will keep recruiting or if they feel they don't have a chance they will move on. Too ofter in all of the ODs that I am have been and/or are currently in other users will just recruit SAID recruit for the sake of him not going to another school not because of need. As mentioned above atleast in head to head battles with users this would add to the surprise IMO that recruiting is in real life. I also believe that this method of recruiting would help to balance the talent (unless you become a "snake oil salesman" in recruiting). Just a thought as I was reading this thread don't mean to hijack.
This is realistic. EX: Alabama offers a player who at the time has no offers or few offers, over the next week half of the SEC will follow and offer because they trust that Nick Saban and his coaching staff know what they are doing.
Old 04-25-2011, 12:59 PM   #11
Rookie

I think you may have taken my point out of context I understand that for instance Malcolm Brown just committed to Texas (in real life) a couple of weeks ago and they are loaded at DT and have two other commits at the position and have 8 guys on campus already I am not saying that user should have to be forced into not getting the M. Browns of the world but Texas is Texas on the game as well and to win a recruiting battle with them where they know where they stand is basically impossible.
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 04-25-2011, 01:42 PM   #12
Rookie

The Gunslinger's Arena

OVR: 9

It would be cool if they had a National Signing Day Show. So, let's say once you get through week 5 of recruiting, you get to view the NSD show.

Basically, it would involve mention of the top classes and top 5-10 recruits along with analysis from ESPN recruiting expert Tom Luginbill. Subsequently, a highlight montage could be shown of the recruit playing in high school or at the All-American game. Throughout the show, there would be 2-3 instances of where a recruit is shown making his decision on where to play by selecting the appropriate hat of his school. Finally, the show will end with a preview of the top 5-10 recruits for next year.

We're talking about a simple 5 minute show here
Old 04-25-2011, 01:51 PM   #13
Pro

hurricanefootball4's Arena

How about instead of having a special call which would add to the length of recruiting you just have the cut scene to the hat ceremony and it's one of the players that you had visiting on Week 5 who was very close between you and 2 other schools.

It would only trigger when you and the other schools were "x" points apart from eachother going into the visit.

Just need some way to make National Signing Day more interesting...
Old 04-25-2011, 01:58 PM   #14
Pro

Special27K's Arena

OVR: 9

Quote:
Originally Posted by hurricanefootball4
One of my favorite days on the college football schedule is National Signing Day, and this is not reflected well in NCAA Football games. So here is an idea that I had...

As you sim from week 5 to national signing day a screen pops up similar to the phone call screen with a recruit that wasn't on your radar before (similar to the 'diamond' recruit that the recruit advisor picks out).

Instead of the standard school traits the player asks you questions like a "choose your own adventure", could be a combination of promises, why your play style suits him, etc etc.

After the call a cut screen goes to him with the 3 hats in front of him (one of them being yours) - if you answered the questions "right" on the phone call he picks your school and puts on the hat.

Also would be cool on NSD to see you and your assistant coaches sitting in the "war room" watching the faxes come in and then having your commits show up on a digital map and then display what their overall player rating is and something about their strengths. Would be fun especially if they added more "hidden gems" guys who are 2 or 3 star recruits who have high ratings.

How would you guys make National Signing Day better in an NCAA Football game? Would love your thoughts on my ideas as well as your own!

The "Last Call" idea is pretty good I tweaked it in my head.

I wouldn't make the player a complete surprise (i.e. like the purple/pink diamond recruits). I would like it to be a player who has in their top 5/8/10 whatever. The point system shouldn't exactly reflect who the recruit will sign with but, just give a team a slightly better edge. Its like being that darkhorse school 700 points back and would surprise everyone but isn't considered out of the question.

« Operation Sports Forums > Football > EA Sports College Football and NCAA Football »