Home

Stroll Down Memory Lane: What are your fondest NCAA memories?

This is a discussion on Stroll Down Memory Lane: What are your fondest NCAA memories? within the EA Sports College Football and NCAA Football forums.

Go Back   Operation Sports Forums > Football > EA Sports College Football and NCAA Football
MLB The Show 24 Review: Another Solid Hit for the Series
New Star GP Review: Old-School Arcade Fun
Where Are Our College Basketball Video Game Rumors?

Old 04-26-2011, 06:28 PM   #25
Guns Up!

Solidice's Arena

OVR: 63
Re: Stroll Down Memory Lane: What are your fondest NCAA memories?

loading up NCAA '98 and seeing this mode called "dynasty" and was hooked ever since.

Current Main Rotation: Destiny 2 (XB,PC), Division 2(XB) Baldur Gate 3(XB 4p Co-op run) HellDivers 2 (PC)
Games on the list to play: Too many to fit here
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 04-26-2011, 06:41 PM   #26
#nouss

WyxHarmon's Arena

OVR: 18

I hooked up my dial-up to my ps2 during who knows what game cycle. All i remember is I won, online, with Oklahmoma on a last second hail mary from my own 20.
Ravens

73 - 72
Old 04-26-2011, 07:22 PM   #27
Rookie

OVR: 2

NCAA 10 i created all my friends on a teambuilder school. I am a sim player so they were not beastly. All ranged from 50-78 and only a few started as freshman. It was just really fun seeing how they progressed as i played every game. First 2 years won like 7 or 8 games combined, but by year 5 we were a consistant 9-10 win team. I have never been more into a video game in my life. I played every game for almost 10 seasons, even though i always had a few bad games and never made a huge bowl game, it was still really fun trying to get ranked as high as i could.
Old 04-26-2011, 07:23 PM   #28
Rookie

xxxAir23xxx's Arena

OVR: 1

Quote:
Originally Posted by dabigman9748
The last game I ever played with my little brother. He had never beaten me, never really even played me close. This was NCAA 2005, he had his favorite team USC and I had Mississippi State. I kicked a game winning field goal as time expired to give me the victory. We both laughed and moved onto our next activities. He was killed in a car crash the very next day.

From now on whenever I play NCAA, I think of him and how his smile would've lit up had he beaten me that first time. I wish I had missed that field goal.
woah that's tough man. I'm sorry.

Old 04-26-2011, 07:30 PM   #29
Moderator/Writer

PVarck31's Arena

OVR: 46

I bought NCAA 2004 on the Friday after it was released when I was in college. I was driving home for the weekend and when I got home I hooked up the PS2 to my dads big screen. No words could describe how amazing that game was at the time.

Playing that first game as tOSU against Michigan was pure nirvana.

Oh and then there was the time when I went to pick up NCAA 99 and on my way home I was so excited to play it, I was getting off the exit and burned out the clutch in my dads truck.
Old 04-26-2011, 10:57 PM   #30
MVP

PaperBoyx703's Arena

OVR: 22

Quote:
Originally Posted by 31
Oh and then there was the time when I went to pick up NCAA 99 and on my way home I was so excited to play it, I was getting off the exit and burned out the clutch in my dads truck.
Yikes, If i was your dad i would of thrown that game in the microwave and made you watch it zap, but then again microwave back then would of just exploded probably.
YouTube: TBD
Old 04-26-2011, 11:41 PM   #31
Rookie

OVR: 2

I remember in NCAA 07 on ps2 where I played race for the heisman and my player that was a qb for texas had won three heisman and two nat'l championships was in the 4th quarter of the nat'l championship of his senior year. I only lost one game to USC in the nat'l championship of my freshman year. We were down by three and it was a min left on the clock and I drove down and scored the winning touchdown to end the game. It had a greatness score of 1950 I think you could have 2000. I use to love the race for the heisman back in the day
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 04-27-2011, 01:06 PM   #32
Pro

Slaticus's Arena

OVR: 5

God I have so many great memories. Playing my old man back in 99, when I was too young to really understand what was going on. ALl I ran was dive and hail mary. He would beat me so bad we would switch controllers at half time. Then he would beat me with my original team.

These days, I beat him pretty handily. Unless we are playing w/ option teams. Then it is pretty even. We are both coaches so we know what we are doing. Oddly enough, he is a much better passer than me. I have never coached in an air raid style before and just really dont know how to recognize coverages the way he does.

Actual gameplay memories, winning it all in 07 with Oregon, then beginning a Duck Dynasty that spanned some 7 years (before my memory card got erased somehow) gotta love the ps2 years.

If you would like to see the Wing T in action, you can check out my twitch channel. I stream there..badly. I post highlights on my youtube channel as well!

« Operation Sports Forums > Football > EA Sports College Football and NCAA Football »