Home

Ratings and Line interaction, how they tie together

This is a discussion on Ratings and Line interaction, how they tie together within the EA Sports College Football and NCAA Football forums.

Go Back   Operation Sports Forums > Football > EA Sports College Football and NCAA Football
MLB The Show 24 Review: Another Solid Hit for the Series
New Star GP Review: Old-School Arcade Fun
Where Are Our College Basketball Video Game Rumors?

Old 05-02-2011, 08:59 PM   #17
MVP

OVR: 9
Re: Ratings and Line interaction, how they tie together

at some point strength should take over, but it does make sense to have the football skill ratings very important so that you end up with some guys who are very strong but an average player and same thing for a speed guy.
Old 05-02-2011, 10:53 PM   #18
Rookie

UniversityofArizona's Arena

OVR: 3

So the single most important ratings for defensive tackles would be finesse move and power move?
Would that be the same for defensive ends or would speed start to play a bigger role?
How much of a role does block shedding play at the line of scrimmage or is it negligible.

Should I even be recruiting run stoppers then if pass rushers with the higher power move and finesse move ratings would be more effective?
I am hearing a lot of contradicting information regarding offensive linemen.
Which single rating or pair of ratings has the greatest impact would you say assuming you are running a balanced offense. Does it change if you are running an option offense or Air Raid?

Impact blocking
Awareness
Strength
Pass/Run Strength
Pass/Run Footwork

Sorry for all the questions, but this is stuff I continually think I understand, and then feel like I don't. I feel like I am beginning to understand what they do, but I question the relative importance of each.

Are there minimum ratings players much have for you to recruit them even if you have a weak program? Is there a reason I see so many blocks fail so quickly in the game?
Old 05-02-2011, 11:41 PM   #19
Rookie

OVR: 1

Quote:
Originally Posted by Playmakers
There's is a misconception on the boards about what awareness actually effects on the field. I like to build rosters around players with high awareness because. Awareness effects how a QB reads the blitz and it also helps him to spot the open reciever during actual gameplay vs the CPU

Wr's use awareness when they are running option routes

DB's and LB's use Awareness to help them locate the ball when it's in the air....a guy can have 90 man coverage and 90 zone coverage and not ever attempt to locate the ball if his awareness is too low

Awareness helps blockers to pick up defenders who would normally go unblocked and unabated to the Qb......for many years OL would just stand and watch defenders come free and not attempt to block him that is tied into awareness

Awareness helps all players recognize a turnover......for example if there's a fumble a guy with high awareness will look to pick up the ball or dive on the ball quicker than a defender with low awareness.

As for the Blocking Ratings this game is incredible when you edit the OL's footwork and IMPACT BLOCK ability.....edit the players correctly and you can you make Offensive dominant in pass protection and others suck.....you can create True dominant run blocking lines better than anything you'll ever see released by EA

Pockets form like true pockets and OT's render some nice animations when blocking on the edge if you edit them appropriatley. You can edit a guy to be a mauler like Aaron Gibson so that his strenght is his most effective rating on the field or you can creat atheletic quick blockers who won't beat you with strength but rather their footwork......

There are lots neat little tricks hidden in gameplay behind the ratings

For example once you start to lower the jump ratings of all players you start to see the best realism between CB's and Wr's going up for passes
But why is this? You went through the trouble to figure this out, yet EA still lets it go on? I don't get this at all. Your slider set makes this game amazing, I can't imagine messing with ratings to make it better.
Old 05-02-2011, 11:54 PM   #20
Live your life

Gotmadskillzson's Arena

OVR: 49

1. Single most important 1st would be awareness, once linemen get in the low70s they react slower and generally just mess up a lot. Second would be power move, this is what gives them the power to hold their ground and the ability to push blockers backwards into the QB.

Only difference between a run stopper and pass rusher is the speed and the fmv rating. Pass rushers generally have speed in the 70s with FMV in the low 90s.

2. Block shedding only kicks in on running plays. More so running plays to the outside like on tosses and sweeps.

3. Balanced offense you would want their footwork in both passing and running to be good.

4. For option teams and run heavy teams RBF and RBS is more important. You need high RBF to push the defender back and open up a hole for you. RBS is important because you need the hole to remain open long enough for your player to get through. Especially when you talking about tossses and option plays.

Also you would want your guards to be on the fast side too for they can get in position.

For pass heavy teams, PBS and PBF is more important, especially in your tackles and the center. I seen many a blitz come up the middle right by a center who PBF was too low.

A RB with a good PBF is good too. They are your last line of defense. If an extra blitzer gets through, a RB with high PBF in the mid 70s or above will pick up the blitz with some amazing cut blocks.

5. Blocks fail because of 2 things. Too low of awareness and too low footwork rating.
Old 05-03-2011, 12:41 AM   #21
Rookie

UniversityofArizona's Arena

OVR: 3

Thanks for taking the time to answer my questions!
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 05-05-2011, 08:23 PM   #22
Pro

carnalnirvana's Arena

OVR: 21

skillz you still testing edits, there is something i want you to test for me, its about QB play, wanna get a second opinion .

#18 greatest EVA....
Old 05-05-2011, 08:32 PM   #23
Live your life

Gotmadskillzson's Arena

OVR: 49

What do you want me to test ?
Old 05-05-2011, 08:38 PM   #24
Pro

carnalnirvana's Arena

OVR: 21

give a cpu QB 20 STR and your QB 20 STR play a game any difficulty any sliders, see if you see anything, i dont want to tell you what to look for just see if you see anything. use a decent passing QB.......

#18 greatest EVA....

« Operation Sports Forums > Football > EA Sports College Football and NCAA Football »